How to S+ mod on PS4?

How to S+ mod on PS4?

Hey,

as I saw in some news, the S+ mod is also available for PS4.

I am playing solo in a local game only (not on a dedicated server) - is there a way to install the mods somehow?

I did not find any option or something like that in the menu neither can I find a guide on youtube or google how exactly I can install mods for ARK on PS4.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, GP said:

You can't install Mods on console.

"Parts" of S+ were integrated into the core game, so you already have it in the game without doing anything.

Thank for the answer GP.

Do you also know if the item collector , nanny and so on are also included? 

I have read that it is only partly included. 

• 10 months later...

There is no s+ in the game they lied to everyone. What i dont get is why pc can get mods for ark not ps4 or x box they cannot say it cannot  be done cause skyrkm for ps4 an x box has mods. It would be fun to mod ark cause it be diff then the boring ark tame dinos the same ones over an over again an have diff buldings you can do so it be fun. Plz ark make it fun not boring

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Jesse6130 said:

What i dont get is why pc can get mods for ark not ps4 or x box they cannot say it cannot  be done

You can find some of the main reasons there:

On 10/19/2019 at 9:08 PM, ZenRowe said:

Consoles are not forgotten, but there is a lot more to it than just flipping a switch.

I understand the desire to want mods on console platforms, I really do. I'm going to talk about some of the hurdles. This is just general information for you to think about, not just for when vying for console mods for ARK, but any game. These are hurdles that every developer that wants to put mods on consoles will have to come up with an answer for and for some studios they just aren't worth the perpetual cost.

platform requirements: Publishing anything on a console comes with following strict rules about content control and reliability. Certification is that thing that often results in a delay in updates for consoles. It's where they check to make sure that every game and every update to every game follow the rules and requirements. This would be a hurdle for mods because mods will still have to follow all the same rules. For some consoles, certain kinds of mods themselves would be in direct violation. At least one console doesn't allow 3rd party scripting/code to run in the game (Which actually is a problem for ARK mods since to at least some degree all of them are code based). Additional to that, every mod would have to be certified by someone, and every update to every mod published on the console. With over 5,000 mods on the steam workshop I think you can begin to see where that could get out of hand without a lot of human-power supporting it every day.

Distribution: Consoles do not have support for mod distribution, they do the game distribution and any DLC and that's it. A studio would have to add their own distribution method into the game for storing, finding and downloading mods. Certainly possible, but far from trivial.

Development: No not for us, but for mod authors. This would primarily affect code based mods, but getting your hands on a devkit for every console in order to be able to properly debug any issues that might only be occurring on console would be next to impossible currently. Getting a devkit console for XB1 is pretty easy (Microsoft opened up a path for any XB1 to be turned into a devkit), but the resource access necessary for debugging on it isn't as simple, and I don't think mod authors would be able to get devkits for ps4 & switch at all. Nintendo and Sony are a lot more protective of their devkits.

Modder interest: I think there is sort of this weird assumption that all mod authors would want to publish their mods on consoles. They aren't being paid for it, and it quickly becomes a lot of extra tedious work to publish on multiple platforms that I think only a smaller subset of authors would even be interested in trying to manage.

There is also a trade-off that most people don't consider:
When you buy a console, you are also getting a reasonable expectation that any games you buy for it will run on it, and also that they aren't going to do anything sketchy, I think that is half of the entire reason for why consoles became so popular in the first place.
Now I'm going to be the last one to claim that modders go to the dark side, historically they've proven themselves largely to act responsibly, but there have been some bad apples.
The problem here is that opening consoles up to mods, regardless of their historical record, compromises that expectation. Additionally, anyone using mods whether it be on PC or on consoles absolutely should be aware that there is always some degree of risk associated with using them and neither the console manufacturers or the studios are going to let them selves be held responsible for if something bad does happen.

There's more, but this is already getting lengthy as it is.
Again though this isn't to say mods shouldn't become more prevalent on consoles, but these are some of the larger hurdles. Consoles have slowly started to become more friendly to the idea of mods, but they are still far from actually being "mod-friendly".

You aren't forgotten, not by a long shot, but consoles are a whole different ecosystem.

Archived