Black Pearls on The Island

Zapha

Black Pearls on The Island

When I was on Valguero there was a black pearl node reachable only with scuba gear. Now I'm playing on The Island and have really problems to get them. I even think about a short trip to Valguero because of this.

Afaik they can drop from 4 fish dinos according to the wiki. The Alpha Mossad would drop 100 but too strong for me atm. I checked spawn regions of the other three but no success. What's with caves? Are there cave spots with those who drop black pearls?

On the island, if you want black pearl, otter is good for 1-10 black pearl (take some time).  If you want more, would say 10-30, kill eurypterids (with a mosasaur it's faster with it large aoe). If you want more (to craft tek tier for example) kill teusothetis, or alpha mosa (100 for every kill).

In the underwater west cave, you can find a mosa, if it's an alpha, you can try it, it won't really fight back because most of the time it is stuck.

Seems so that Valguero and The Island (maybe all maps) have the same problem with sea respawn. Only a server restart let them all respawn. Until then only small fishes respawn. E.g. for many weeks the deep sea ocean on my Valguero server was nearly empty.

Now I see the same on my Island server. I played some days with 1700 oxygen, explored all and drove with rafts in deep water. No Leeds, no alphas, very few bigger fishes ...

Ok, thanks anyway, I go to Valguero to get there pearls for my motorboat.

In case a dev reads that: Would be good to add some collectable nodes on The Island.

Archived