How to get a good armor?

DrSmith

31 minutes ago, DrSmith said:

How to get a good armor?

I see a lot of raiders wear armor with 490+ points. Where do they get it?

Also, I'd like to know where the longneck rifles with 200+% damage can be found.

Raiders? That was your answer there: they stole it.  Either that or they hit those caves, or got really lucky fishing.

Since you used that term then I assume you're on PvP. This means that you need to gear up and go pick a fight with a muscular stranger. You too shall have that gear...if successful.

...Or his game just crashes while you're engaging and rubberbanding all over each other so you could just take his stuff.. Either way, tis loot to be had.

You sound like a newer player. Caves are where the best bps come from (on the island). The harder the cave the better the chance of better loot.

If I was you I would start out farming surface drops for a bit. It’s very easy to do. Build a little gated hut on the volcano or blue ob mountain or somewhere high in the north. Park two Pts there loaded with fur, meat, etc. At night warp in and fly from supply drop to supply drop. You’ll find journeyman and mastercraft armor/saddkes/weapons bps before long.

THEN you’ll have decent gear to do the harder caves.

In my opinion the high tier weapons and armor aren't worth getting until very late game. This is because the cost to build and repair them will amount to literally thousands of metal and hide. You're better off spending your time building turrets and vaults first. But to answer your question caves and deep sea loot crates are your best bet for the blueprints, specifically the underwater cave on the island map has some great drops, but at great risk. If I were you I would focus on farming base defences and occasionally mix it up with a cave run, eventually you will get a good longneck rifle. Just remember that a few strong allies and a well defended base will travel farther than any bullet ;)

19 hours ago, mattj said:

You sound like a newer player. Caves are where the best bps come from (on the island). The harder the cave the better the chance of better loot.

If I was you I would start out farming surface drops for a bit. It’s very easy to do. Build a little gated hut on the volcano or blue ob mountain or somewhere high in the north. Park two Pts there loaded with fur, meat, etc. At night warp in and fly from supply drop to supply drop. You’ll find journeyman and mastercraft armor/saddkes/weapons bps before long.

THEN you’ll have decent gear to do the harder caves.

I visit the Caverns of Lost Hope almost every day, but the best piece of armor I found is the helmet with 318.9 points.

Spoiler

exp.thumb.jpg.3eb9e8791ae666f45d6ac6cf694eb865.jpg

Archived