What Biome is everyone going to build in Genesis?

c00kies

7 hours ago, Noa said:

Need to see first.

But if i find place with clear sky, no fog, temperatures normal for human  so no hypo and hyper problems, water nearby and all resources not far that will be my choice.

Only problem is if exist such place will be already full of enemy foundations in pve ...

I think that would be the ocean biome then, since Genesis introduces platforms that you can place on water ( can't be near the coast though) so you might not have to worry about other foundations since you can just make your own ground out at sea :D

9 hours ago, Fes said:

I think that would be the ocean biome then, since Genesis introduces platforms that you can place on water ( can't be near the coast though) so you might not have to worry about other foundations since you can just make your own ground out at sea :D

Ocean platform - the new pillar spam. Now not even the sea is safe.

I tend to go heavy forested areas for my builds as my main defense is staying hidden on pvp servers. The bog looks quite promising as well as very interesting. 

53 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Ocean platform - the new pillar spam. Now not even the sea is safe.

I tend to go heavy forested areas for my builds as my main defense is staying hidden on pvp servers. The bog looks quite promising as well as very interesting. 

yeah the bog looks promising for staying hidden, whether you're hiding in one of those giant trees or if you use the constant fog and lack of sun to your advantage

6 minutes ago, Spiral3 said:

Oof.  Gonna be rough when we all discover that we're not allowed to build in any of the new biomes

3 out of 5 seem to be buildable, only the volcano and lunar biome seem to have really destructive weather events, with them being a damn volcano and meteors.

The snow biome has avalanches, but idk how destructive they are going to be, so that could still be a biome to build in

38 minutes ago, Fes said:

3 out of 5 seem to be buildable, only the volcano and lunar biome seem to have really destructive weather events, with them being a damn volcano and meteors.

The snow biome has avalanches, but idk how destructive they are going to be, so that could still be a biome to build in

No, I'm saying that I don't think we will be allowed to even place down structures on Gen at all.  We'll collect the currency (hexagons) and then spend the hexagons to travel to the biomes.  Once there HLNA will give you your objectives and a timer will start counting down.  Complete the objective in the time and you'll be automatically returned to whichever map your were on previously with whatever reward was offered for that mission.

17 minutes ago, Spiral3 said:

No, I'm saying that I don't think we will be allowed to even place down structures on Gen at all.  We'll collect the currency (hexagons) and then spend the hexagons to travel to the biomes.  Once there HLNA will give you your objectives and a timer will start counting down.  Complete the objective in the time and you'll be automatically returned to whichever map your were on previously with whatever reward was offered for that mission.

I believe the new structures coming with Genesis would be evidence that you will be building.

1 hour ago, Spiral3 said:

Because there's no way you would end up just earning the new building pieces in missions to take back to your home map.

I suppose you could do that.  It would be silly to think that you could not use the items learned in Genesis on Genesis. Could you imagine doing missions all day only to line up at the Ob or whatever transfer mechanism and return to your home map?  Seems unlikely to me and frankly unappealing. 

The description on Steam:

GEAR UP AND BUILD UP
As you brave the many dangers of ARK: Genesis, take some time to craft new gear. Wield weapons like combo-capable plasma claws and remote-guided cruise missiles. Make tools from fishing nets to mining drills, or new vehicles such as hover-skiffs. Build interactive structural elements such as pressure plates, alarm systems, jump pads, ocean platforms and more. Whether you’re a go-it-alone survivalist, a weapon-making warmonger, or a base-building architect, this expansion has a crafting project suited for you.

On 2/22/2020 at 10:18 PM, VeeTea said:

I'm interested in volcano biome but I'm afraid of the amount of vegetation that will be there. I need my wood and narcoberries, ya know?

Why bother with wood when you can directly harvest charcoal from carbonized trees. All your ammo/explosives needs are easily filled. ?

Archived