Another MiMiMi post of an established player

Stigmata

Another MiMiMi post of an established player

Hey ppl, 

im one of the established players with a lot of hours on his account. im also part of a - so called - Megatribe and even if the Chance is at 0,001% that this post will change or start to change something... 

i wont say that wildcard does not care or they do only poopty stuff. they tried a lot of things to fight some poopty metas in this game. 

My personal topics atm. 

• 1. duped items

i know, ppl can do a lot of work in ark and you can craft a lot of poop. in case of structures i can understand if the enforcement or other ppl say "its suspicious - but it could be legit" but for real..... vaults of unassembled meks (same lvl / same crafting skill etc) like a well known megatribe has? or another megatribe that got vaults of capped teksuits with a dura of more than 2k? 
fridges full of "1 in a million" - meks? Me and my tribe made a lot of OSDs etc - as far as i know we got one time a Mek-BP that ended up in 70k Hp and 500% Melee. Especially one tribe got fridges of those. 

• 2. duped dinos.

i know - official is hard work but in the last weeks i saw ppl with duped therizinos and rhinos. before i saw that i only knew about meks and maybe gigas, but a 2 day raise? really? 

• 3. Mesh-Turrets. 

ive scouted a lot of island server over the past weeks and i know, we have this poopty cave-meta atm - but its really disgusting to see, that every ice cave that isnt raided got mesh turrets in the entrance. i would love to see a part of the enforcement team to run around and just run into an ice cave. ill bet there are more locations (i saw some oil caves too) with mesh turrets, but island icecave was like 90% of the bases there havin meshturrets.

• 4. aimbots

ofc. every game does have problems with aimbots. but what is about a detection if a special percentage hits always the same body part - that there is a reaction to it?

• 5. Insiding (this is for the whole playerbase) 

especially 2 tribes are well know for insides and everybody always says "buhhhh bad, evil" etc. but you shouldnt give them a platform. 
 Now you see established streamers / youtubers bringing out content from their insides - but a lot of ppl still giving credits. even if you dont like the insided tribe you shouldnt give those ppl a platform.  Those ppl lost all their reputation for me....... 

• 6. INIs

i know a lot of ppl will disagree here, but every ini should be detected and/or disabled. Officially they are against the CoC and sometimes it feels more like you play against a wallhacker if he tries to shoot you through trees, ressources or whatever. And also its weird when 50% of the streamers/youtubers using weird INIs and noone from the officials really care. 

I know that a lot of ppl are tired to discuss about this poop. the mesh protection was one of the best updates WC brought into they game since the tribelog - even if its still possible. 
im aware that its still the standard MiMiMi here, but atm the atmosphere in ark is totally toxic and next week is genesis time , so we have to fight new bugs, new glitches and new overpowered spacewhales. 

So feel free and load your flamethrower

The cave meta truly is a buzz kill, I hope something is getting done about that. I can’t think of something to help but the 6 times damage doesn’t come into play until you are inside the cave. Some sort of mek EMP would be nice and would scare the bejesus out of wild mek users.                                 Duping is terrible for the health and flow of ark as having no care for what you lost in a battle is bad. This game is about weighing up risk for profit or potential lose. I do think they are trying but I know they have only stepped up because of 2 expansions to sell. They are a terrible company towards there fan base but they also know that they have very little competition as Ark is kinda unique.                                         This is just my opinion and I am a casual who exist only because of ORP servers. A filthy casual but I love the concept and will see it to the end but any future wildcard release will be judged by my opinion on ark.                                                                     Let’s not destroy or derail the conversation here people. OP is from a alpha official tribe and probably has seen everything 10 times over.                                                                                 Chill Winston 

I can’t understate how much I agree with you about ini mods. Let me go further and say even gamma changes should be stopped. Don’t know if it can tho.

Next thing I’ll talk about is cave meta. I don’t mind it at all. Why? For the longest time offense was waaaay stronger than defense. And aside of caves it still is. Dino’s soaking a huge time cost of ammo  . Free heals from snow owls. Turret count limit ect...

I’d rather not live in a cave I’d rather have surface bases but with the current imbalance you can’t. I’d gladly give up cave building for better pvp balance in this regard.

I think the official servers should always have setting from in files always have a standard, changing the imo to remove certain qualitys of sliders, shades, bloom, and textures being alternated to have even a slight advantage is all bad. 

When players connect to official servers it should force a set in file onto the player forcing them to play with the same settings as everyone else.

I can’t understate how much I agree with you about ini mods. Let me go further and say even gamma changes should be stopped. Don’t know if it can tho.

From what i read about the gamma changes, in the past ppl who were more tech- savvy ( idk how its spelled) were able to modify their computer so that they can change their gamma. So they allow gamma changes now to make it more fair for those that arent.

9 hours ago, Owataday said:

The cave meta truly is a buzz kill, I hope something is getting done about that. I can’t think of something to help but the 6 times damage doesn’t come into play until you are inside the cave. Some sort of mek EMP would be nice and would scare the bejesus out of wild mek users.                                 Duping is terrible for the health and flow of ark as having no care for what you lost in a battle is bad. This game is about weighing up risk for profit or potential lose. I do think they are trying but I know they have only stepped up because of 2 expansions to sell. They are a terrible company towards there fan base but they also know that they have very little competition as Ark is kinda unique.                                         This is just my opinion and I am a casual who exist only because of ORP servers. A filthy casual but I love the concept and will see it to the end but any future wildcard release will be judged by my opinion on ark.                                                                     Let’s not destroy or derail the conversation here people. OP is from a alpha official tribe and probably has seen everything 10 times over.                                                                                 Chill Winston 

Once again ppl are throwing the ”wildcard dont care” card without knowing the issue fully. You really sure they dont care and that there is simply no good enough solution to fix it for time being. We already saw what anti meshing measures did to server performance.

On 2/21/2020 at 8:33 PM, Castlerock said:

From what i read about the gamma changes, in the past ppl who were more tech- savvy ( idk how its spelled) were able to modify their computer so that they can change their gamma. So they allow gamma changes now to make it more fair for those that arent.

This is well known reason why. But if WC was tech savvy they would develop code that would delve hardware setting and restore it back. If that’s possible idk.

Archived