Genesis Theory

MysteriousDodo483

Genesis Theory

Hello Everybody, I am sure that you, like me just can't wait until Genesis, with its release only 4 days from when i am writing this (Part 1 at least). This morning i came up with an entire theory about Genesis and before you close this page just hear me out. I am relatively new to ARK and as such haven't completely finished the explorer notes yet, (I have read Helena and Rockwell) however what i have read seemingly confirms my theory so without further ado hear it is:

Genesis will take place before any of the previous DLC's including The Island. Before you dismiss this have a moment to think about it. My theory states that Genesis observes the Genesis Program which is to train humans to fight the titans, which you do in Extinction, this sounds crazy but let me explain. In Helena Aberration note 17 and 18 it states that they found Homo Sapiens being grown in test tubes in the ARK's Control centre. For any of you uneducated people out there Homo Sapiens are humans... Effectively. 

My theory is that the humans in the test tubes undergo the Genesis Program, a simulation that will test the humans ability to survive, overcome, and most importantly, adapt. (I will explain why that is important later) The humans that managed to beat the Program would be sent up onto the ARK that they were on, for example the humans in the test chambers on Aberration would go up into Aberration, but remember, only the people with the greatest, skill, strength, and smarts would manage this. The ARK's would serve as the final test for the survivors. If they could conquer the ARK and beat the Overseer, then they will have proven that they are the best of the best, and they may just be the ones to defeat the titans. If these survivors were to beat the Overseer, then they would go to a different ARK, and this is where the adaptability comes in. The ARKS would test the survivors ability to adapt to situations. Once the survivor has beaten enough ARKS to prove themselves (The survivor might have gone to multiple ARKS between scorched earth and aberration) then they would be sent to earth to fight the greatest challenge, the titans themselves.

Finally, you might argue about why the survivors had no memory of the Genesis Program, and there is a very simple reason for this. Take a step back for a moment and think about this, because there are two reasons. One, if you knew that you had been training your whole life in order to fight massive monsters and kill them, bringing peace to the land etc. then wouldn't you just decide to avoid doing that? so they would perform a mind-wipe. The other reason is simply that within the Genesis Program if you remembered every time you died in the simulation then wouldn't you just change something slightly each time up until the point that you beat the program? That would require no skill and when you arrived on the ARK and it was a life or death situation, you might have a bit of muscle memory but you would lack that key component, adaptability. Hundreds of people would just be sent to their deaths on the various ARKS. And also, it would be a bit unsettling to remember dying multiple times. So the simple solution is to perform a mind-wipe on the people every time that they died and when they beat the program.

If you can think of any reasons why this is untrue then reply to this and just say so, and i will try and figure out a way around it. This would make sense for the Genesis DLC and if they don't do something like this than honestly i would be a bit disappointed.

Thanks for reading this and please tell me what you thought of it!

Archived