Forgotten dinos

Crymric

I really wanted to find some use of the araneo so I thought it might be good for taming with the low damage slow.  I tamed a lvl 30 for start. The first surprise was its stats. 102 hp and 220 stam. Okay, must put in the cryo and lvl these to keep it alive. I let the spider in the fridge for 2 day, she got some lvls to hp and stam. Let's tame a galli, perfect for testing the slow. Next surprise was its speed. I couldn't catch a walking gallimus. ?

I tried and tried, but suddenly a megatherium rushed to me and killd my crawly spider with a single hit so i gave up. ?

Honestly, Daeodon. They're utility is obviously undeniable, but it's also so damn buggy. They use their healing whenever they can, and the option that says no passive healing doesn't seem to work at all. They also drain food so quickly, and take so much to eat that it almost isn't worth it. Compared to the Snow Owl, the Daeodon is really subpar in terms of healing output and sustainability. Needs a look. 

Enforcers. Such a cool looking tame, but they're stats are awful. Sure, they do bonus damage to Corrupt creatures, but my Rex does more damage anyways, doesn't require some antiquated energy source, and is effective against every threat. The Enforcer feels like a Drake who was almost killed in an explosion, but was brought back with the worst cybernetics available. The ability to climb like the Drake and Megalania(Without teleporting) would be a nice QoL. Better stats or an armor option would also make them better. Maybe make their damage bonus extend to all Aggressive threats to play into their enforcing role. 

Kaprosuchus. They're just... ugh. Low stats across the board, terrible utility, and an annoyance in the wild. They're missing something critical, but I can't pinpoint it. They're health is terrible, but they aren't a glass cannon(No high damage to make up for lack of health). 

Liopleurodon. I so desperately wanted the Liopleurodon in the game. A powerful glass cannon ambush predator, probably with half the health of the Mosa but twice the damage. A real threat if you get caught off guard. What we got is a joke. This is easily the WORST mount in the game. I get more use out of Araneos and Electrophorus than this swimming turd. They're loot buff was never hinted at in the original dossier, and it was a punch in the gut to see this was a limited time tame. If there's any creature that NEEDS a TLC of any kind, it will always be the Liopluerodon. I wouldn't mind if an actual usable Lio and the one we have both existed, kind of like a tamable Alpha variant, just something. 

Lymantria are also useless. No self defense attack(Even the Gasbag has one, come on), and almost no utility aside from it's ability to eat Veggie Cakes for Sky Turret Tanking. 

Megalania. After the Thyla's absolutely flawless implementation(I mean come on, Thyla's are incredible), I thought their counterpart--- the Megalania--- would be just as good, if a little slower. That is not the case. Megalania are horridly bad mounts. They have poop for all stats, terrible movement speed, are a pain to find in the wild, and do nothing useful for anyone. They look cool, that's it. The Thyla was made huge and fearsome for Ark, why is the Megalania so puny and weak. You could say it's because they live in caves, but the Megalo refutes all of that by being as strong as a Rex despite being the size of a Carno. Terribly disappointing. 

Onyc. Not much to be said about these guys. They're kinda just worse Dimorphodon's. 

Oviraptor, does they're egg effect(Mentioned in dossier) even work? They don't have to be amazing, but make them seek out and pick up eggs or something. That'd make them awesome in bases. 

Pachys have always been lackluster mounts. They exist to be bullied by Raptors. A size change and stat buff would do really well for them, as would the ability to damage stone. 

Pachyrhinos are also really weird. Sure, they have the Pheromone clouds, but those honestly suck in just about every regard. They aren't really strong, so why would you want every creature in the area attacking you(It also doesn't agro every creature, so even more useless tbh). The calming cloud is alright, but it's ineffectiveness against larger predators really inhibits it's usefulness. 

The Pelagornis could have been such an awesome mount, but they're the second worst flyer in the game. I thought these would be a cool alternative to the Argy for more travel based purposes, but I was sorely wrong. At least you can fish from them.

The Giga. Yes, I know the Giga isn't a bad creature per-say. But it's such an archaic piece of Ark's history. Their design(Both model and game play wise) is terrible. I personally like how strong they are, and their rage mechanic, but it has been tweaked so much over time that I think they need a makeover. First, I'd make them around the size of a Rex, if maybe marginally bigger. Change their stats accordingly, more health and melee than a Rex, but less speed, oxygen, and stamina(Not nearly as bad as they are now). Make their stats scale normally. Their base damage is 90-100, still higher than a Rex, but much lower than what it is now. They still damage stone, and do it better than they do now. Gigas also gain an alternate attack which inflicts Gnashed. This is on a twenty second cooldown, but still deletes 10% health. Wild Gigas are no longer stronger than their tamed counterparts. Gigas still rage, but this is only at the 50% and 25% health marks. Both of these rages last 20 seconds. As Gigas lose health, their damage output and resistance to damage ramp up until under 25% health, where the increase is 75% more damage and 75% reduced damage. Gigas are still as hard to tame and raise as they are now, and saddle level remains the same. I think these changes would make Gigas a little more enjoyable as a whole, allowing them to become more mobile/flexible while remaining viable combat mounts. 

Yep, I breed Carbonemys for Squid-taming as well! And Pegos are useful if you hate them with a passion and have built a sacrifice-pit filled with aggressive creatures where you throw the Pegos in. So much fun to watch those bast**ds dying! ? The Pachycephalosaurus is really really useless, same goes for Kentros after they got nerfed.

Araneos, Scorpions, Bats, Archaeopteryx and Eels suck as well. What I really want is a TLC for one of my favorite creatures: the Terror Bird! It's so much fun running around but almost every stat sucks...

Archived