Forgotten dinos

Crymric

Forgotten dinos

Hi!

What are the most useless dinos on the chart right now? Which dinos needs some TLC love?

I think it's the:

Onyc - Maybe in pvp? Breeding would be nice.

Araneao - Wall climbing and web zipline ability? With wandering enable it could walk up to walls, ziplines. Same, breeding please. Breeding idea: female spider must sit on a wall and incubate there. Lay an egg on the wall, you cant move the egg. Long egg (temperature doeasnt matter) time, even 2-3 days. But multiple spider baby hatch, like a random 5-10. A baby could get multiple mutations, levels. The real breeding roulette. ?

Archaeopteryx - Would be excellent as an shoulder mount. Infinite parachute.

Pulmonoscorpius - There is not any reason to tame them. I would add a damage and slow poison instead of that low torpor sting. And grab ability for the claws. Like at the karkinos, but for the scorpion its only for small animals. Grab and sting agains smallish animals. It could move with dodo size dinos, but doesnt with bigger one. Even with an option to work as a living beartrap for up to direwolf size dinos. Breeding pls ?

Edit: Spider breeding idea.

14 minutes ago, KindaRocket24 said:

Ovis for sure people only kill them for mutton.

Compy idk what they could even do, flying magic boi?

Dodo? 

Trilabite

Jerboa

Idlk these are just some ideas and they might do things that idk about but these are just ideas  

Dodo is the egg machine.

Items in the jerboa weight less and its a storm detector.

Trilo is a pearls and chitin farm animal.

Compy is really useless.

35 minutes ago, Demerus said:

Casteroides / Beavers

They need some major love since the Argy TLC

I get that they are a early - mid game crafter and wood farmer but make them end game viable as well with a buff to wood weight reduction and passive Dam generation within a dino leash after eating trees.

Would be nice as an alternative for the snail. Beaver build a dam and if you put wood in the dam and there is a beaver neraby with wandering on, the dam starts to generate CP slowly. One beaver for one dam, maximum 2 or 3 dam can be built near to eachother.

Edit: Dam should work as an dino leash but only for the beaver of that dam.

Pachy has nothing going for it, I guess an okay starter but a parasaur, iguanadon, or even a damn moschops would be better. Not sure what could fix it.

Manta is just a dolphin thats harder to tame and likes to beach itself. Removing its ability to leave water and reverting the speed nerf a little would make it better.

Lymantria is just an awful flyer. Ability to make silk would be okay but now we have gachas for that. Maybe it could help crops grow or help regrow wild vegetation in some way.

2 hours ago, Thyme said:

Lymantria is just an awful flyer. Ability to make silk would be okay but now we have gachas for that. Maybe it could help crops grow or help regrow wild vegetation in some way.

I wanted to add the moth too but I'm not sure in it. That slow split can be very good for taming if you have a fellow survivor friend. I play solo so it's pretty useless for me. ?

Maybe with a turret option like at the wyvren. It fly up and slow everything below it. With 4-5 lymantria you could make a pretty decent taming group. In this way it would be good even for solo players. And maybe we could see fewer taming scrap around the map.

I live on the Scorched Earth and sadly silk is useless. ?

Pegomastax on pve: I hear they gather seeds and rare flowers/ mushrooms, but people don't find if very useful... Just take a therizinosaur out and hit specific flowers and trees and you are set. If you don't want to or can't then you can use the beaver dams. I was thinking to make pego more useful on pve they could have a very small chance to pilfer random loot from the environment. Personally i'd make it similar to gacha so you could have pego sitting on a shelf making items, but if it were made so they have to get out, it'd have to give enough loot that you'd want to chance letting your pego out to wander the dangerous land. Preferably it'd be with a wheel house of items different from gachas.. perhaps a chance to make fishing pole?

i

3 hours ago, Thyme said:

Pachy has nothing going for it, I guess an okay starter but a parasaur, iguanadon, or even a damn moschops would be better. Not sure what could fix it.

Manta is just a dolphin thats harder to tame and likes to beach itself. Removing its ability to leave water and reverting the speed nerf a little would make it better.

the pachy is a pretty much useless tame, make it about double its size or at least as big as a raptor. give it the ability to destroy stone with a charging head but, give it a stun attack where players and dinos become stunned if hit by a special attack, have the other attach do torpor damage and cripples the opponent. have it take reduced damage to damage sources.

pteranodons need a serious TLC, make them attack like morrelotops, they will only attack if there is enough of them. they can grab players and tames and fly into the air with them, however only wild ones can do this, depending on the victims weight affects how high it can be carried if able to be carried at all. have them dive into the water for fish like what incthys do.

spider really needs a TLC as its virtually useless. like i have stated in multiple other thread and like stated above it needs to have a grapple hook ability, zip-line ability and can climb walls and walk on ceilings, have it have an attack like the megalania, it inflicts an illness like poisoning onto the character, the antidote can be made from spider venom. in terms of breeding yes it would be cool to have an egg sac layed on walls, an extra could be the female dies (like real female spiders). have it so the babies can only feed from blood packs.

have the onic have a sonar ability and the ability to allow players to see in the dark. make it so it can latch to victims and drink their blood to drain their health. have them also hang upside down from ceilings and have a second seat on the front belly. have them be tamed by feeding them blood packs.

scorpions are honestly only needed for early chitin, make them bigger and give them a claw grab ability, they can grab small animals and sting them repeatedly.

dilos are nothing but a pain in players buts, make them bigger, in real life they were the size of a grown man or bigger

carnos look like autistic rexes who have deformed arms (no offense to autistic people out their) they look stupid are act stupider, have them get a ram attack that can stun and to destroy stone structures, also make it look cooler, scarier and less derpy. the carno looked scary in RL.

7 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

dilos are nothing but a pain in players buts, make them bigger, in real life they were the size of a grown man or bigger

carnos look like autistic rexes who have deformed arms (no offense to autistic people out their) they look stupid are act stupider, have them get a ram attack that can stun and to destroy stone structures, also make it look cooler, scarier and less derpy. the carno looked scary in RL.

I think dilos are fine. Very early game, new player friendly threats with an unique spit slow. The only thing i would add to them is an option to milk them. ? They would give 1-3 narcotics. Milking should based on its melee stat. With breeding with top melee stat it should go up to like 10-20 pieces of narco. With this dilo should last longer. Even for late game if you are lazy to farm berries. :)

Agree with carnos. They are strange and very underpowered.

8 hours ago, Crymric said:

Would be nice as an alternative for the snail. Beaver build a dam and if you put wood in the dam and there is a beaver neraby with wandering on, the dam starts to generate CP slowly. One beaver for one dam, maximum 2 or 3 dam can be built near to eachother.

Edit: Dam should work as an dino leash but only for the beaver of that dam.

Bring a wild beaver home ?? ? creates dams in ur base^^ I believe the coel pre the latest vday event is the most useless tame

1 hour ago, TheEclipseee said:

Carbos. When has anyone ever needed one aside from an early game snack?

It's true. They are great pvp soakers, but in pve they are useless. Since the release of Ark I believe they could be a very interesting 1x1 platform saddle mount. But ofc with a very small structure limit. Living raft (fishing), mobile mini house, mobile turret platform.

12 hours ago, Crymric said:

What are the most useless dinos on the chart right now? Which dinos needs some TLC love?

I think it's the:

Onyc - Maybe in pvp? Breeding would be nice.

Araneao - Wall climbing and web zipline ability? With wandering enable it could walk up to walls, ziplines. Same, breeding please. Breeding idea: female spider must sit on a wall and incubate there. Lay an egg on the wall, you cant move the egg. Long egg (temperature doeasnt matter) time, even 2-3 days. But multiple spider baby hatch, like a random 5-10. A baby could get multiple mutations, levels. The real breeding roulette. ?

Archaeopteryx - Would be excellent as an shoulder mount. Infinite parachute.

Pulmonoscorpius - There is not any reason to tame them. I would add a damage and slow poison instead of that low torpor sting. And grab ability for the claws. Like at the karkinos, but for the scorpion its only for small animals. Grab and sting agains smallish animals. It could move with dodo size dinos, but doesnt with bigger one. Even with an option to work as a living beartrap for up to direwolf size dinos. Breeding pls ?

I love all of these!! I especially crave the breeding of them. The zipline ability for Araneos, I've suggested previously so clearly agree with that. I think it could make Araneos much more interesting! Also - how can the spiders not be able to climb walls and roofs?! They're the first creature I'd give that ability!

I really want to add the female Megaloceros to this list. Apart from being completely useless, I can't believe they've left them with holes in their heads for this long!

Then I can't help but mention how much I long for a really cute Mesopithecus. The devs are so good at making cute faces ( ❤️ otter ❤️ ovis ❤️ ) and I really would love to see a cute-faced Meso!

But the thing I want the most: Buff Trikes! They're my favourite animal and always on any lists of most popular dinos (I googled ? ) and yet they're quite useless ? At least make them equal to Stegos in harvesting so that it's a matter of preference in which you want instead of the Trikes being nonviable! 

11 hours ago, Demerus said:

I get that they are a early - mid game crafter and wood farmer but make them end game viable as well with a buff to wood weight reduction and passive Dam generation within a dino leash after eating trees.

Oooooh, really interesting ideas!

7 hours ago, PertySlick said:

It would be nice if the bear could climb trees for the sake of grabbing honey only.

Yes!! How is this not a thing?! How could they add a boost to their harvesting honey ability and not add a climb when you need to climb to pretty much all the hives?! ?

4 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

have the onic have a sonar ability and the ability to allow players to see in the dark.

Oh, I love this!

How is this not a thing?! How could they add a boost to their harvesting honey ability and not add a climb when you need to climb to pretty much all the hives?!

Several spots have hives that spawn on each other on the ground to the point where a bear can get more than slot capped amount of honey in a min or so. Just need to move around to hit all of them one at a time.

1 hour ago, Castlerock said:

Several spots have hives that spawn on each other on the ground to the point where a bear can get more than slot capped amount of honey in a min or so. Just need to move around to hit all of them one at a time.

By "pretty much" I meant the vast majority of hives are spawned above ground level, acknowledging that there might be exceptions ;) 

That hives spawn in each other, I consider a bug and it doesn't change my argument. :) 

I'll reiterate, trying to be clearer: Almost all hives, with a low number of exceptions, are spawned above ground where bears can't reach them. I'm amazed at them implementing a buff to bears' honey harvesting if they can only use it in a very low amount of select spots ? 

Well i cant say i disagree, tho this is one of the bugs i like. These tend to be also in some safer spots to get to as well, as most of them are in redwoods and might get pounced on a thyla on the way to and from the hive.
Maybe if they add the ability to climb redwood trees for them they will climb slowly and attract carnivores nearby like rare flowers, i mean which carnivore would want to pass up the opportunity to eat a bear that cant defend itself well when climbing?

13 hours ago, Zahlea said:

I love all of these!! I especially crave the breeding of them. The zipline ability for Araneos, I've suggested previously so clearly agree with that. I think it could make Araneos much more interesting! Also - how can the spiders not be able to climb walls and roofs?! They're the first creature I'd give that ability!

Yea, this is whats bugs me. ?

Would be even better with snapping weblines, we could make a real web. :)

But ofc with a timer on it. With like 2 hours in the wild, but if the start and the end point is connected to your building it should copy the decay timers of that structure.

Okay, i admit it... I really want to fill my base with crawling spiders and webs. ?

Archived