This game is on the decline for the past 3 years

ItWasntMe

Suggestion

This game is on the decline for the past 3 years

And i think one of the reasons is because WC simply dont listen to there player base.

I for one would love to see a x3 harvest,xp,breed,tame and a solo server only and have requested this many times but they dont simply listen.

And before people start saying play on unofficial i dont want to put up with abusive admins, and before people say the game is meant for tribes Blah Blah Blah they have made a primitive version of the original so why not a solo ?

26 replies to this server topic

On 2/20/2020 at 12:37 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

It was difficult for WoW to do this but they did make the boss fights (Raid bosses) scale based on what you brought to the fight.

It's out of scope for this game but it would be a welcome addition.

If a moderator like yourself thinks it would be a good idea then why don't Wildcard add things if they know that people are going to enjoy it?

On 2/20/2020 at 12:57 PM, Larkfields said:

Players come and go all the time.  Take a look at steam charts - it's not showing a significant decline.
https://steamcharts.com/app/346110

Take a look again after the 25th, to see if Genesis has an effect on the player base.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=ark survival evolved

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&q=ark survival evolved

Take a look at the Google Trends results.

18 hours ago, TheEclipseee said:

But just because people aren't searching it as much, doesn't mean people aren't playing. It's quite well-known by now; fewer people will be Googling it because they already know it. If something is already 'big', you're seeing it around, and people are less likely to Google it since, well, they already know about it through other methods! Hell, I know that I've never actively searched 'ark survival evolved' into Google- people don't necessarily Google things before playing.

New players would most likely try to search up the game to try to look at what it is. Normal players would also try to search things like "ark survival evolved pvp" or "ark survival evolved boss fight" or other things like that, which the term "ark survival evolved" would still be a part of.

That said, I cannot deny the trends data. But that's directly contradicted by the Steam Charts, which shows that people are indeed playing. So, my conclusion? Not many new people perhaps- but there is certainly still a huge playerbase. That is, that the majority of people who are playing, are people who already know about it and thusly don't google ARK specifically.

The Steam charts could still have the same person playing the game several times in the day. A seasoned player would probably be playing everyday, and multiply that by ARK's current playerbase and you get large results for the Steam chart.

Now, there is another piece of evidence I want to bring up. What about people who search only 'ark' instead of the full name? As ARK becomes more prevalent and well known, fewer people have to search specifically for the 'survival evolved' ark to find relevant results, and can just find what they're looking for with a simple Google of the term 'ark'. And why would they type out the full name when just 3 letters gets them what they want to see? This would explain the decline in the 'ark survival evolved' search term. 

So, what if we look at the search term 'ark'? As you see below-

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&q=ark

There is a huge spike in the number of people googling the term 'ark' around ARK's release, implying that the majority of searches are indeed referring to the game. And while the number of searches drops and climbs occasionally, there is no large overall decline- supporting the Steam Charts data and thus that the game is, in fact, healthy in regards to popularity.

Yes, I do agree you have a very valid point here. But with the results you showed there is very clearly a slow (very slow but still there) decline in searches. It seems that ARK's search results had been going up from the game's release up until about late 2017. The results since then definitely are not reaching near 100 searches in a day like they originally were, and are only getting about half that amount as of now.

Responses in Bold Italic.

47 minutes ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

But just because people aren't searching it as much, doesn't mean people aren't playing. It's quite well-known by now; fewer people will be Googling it because they already know it. If something is already 'big', you're seeing it around, and people are less likely to Google it since, well, they already know about it through other methods! Hell, I know that I've never actively searched 'ark survival evolved' into Google- people don't necessarily Google things before playing.

That said, I cannot deny the trends data. But that's directly contradicted by the Steam Charts, which shows that people are indeed playing. So, my conclusion? Not many new people perhaps- but there is certainly still a huge playerbase. That is, that the majority of people who are playing, are people who already know about it and thusly don't google ARK specifically.

Now, there is another piece of evidence I want to bring up. What about people who search only 'ark' instead of the full name? As ARK becomes more prevalent and well known, fewer people have to search specifically for the 'survival evolved' ark to find relevant results, and can just find what they're looking for with a simple Google of the term 'ark'. And why would they type out the full name when just 3 letters gets them what they want to see? This would explain the decline in the 'ark survival evolved' search term. 

So, what if we look at the search term 'ark'? As you see below-

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&q=ark

There is a huge spike in the number of people googling the term 'ark' around ARK's release, implying that the majority of searches are indeed referring to the game. And while the number of searches drops and climbs occasionally, there is no large overall decline- supporting the Steam Charts data and thus that the game is, in fact, healthy in regards to popularity.

17 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

That has nothing to do with people playing the game or server/player numbers. 

Thats just a metric of people googling “Ark”. Doesn’t mean much of anything. You would expect that trend to go up if the company/game was new. It’s not. People don’t have to google “Ark” anymore. They just play the game. It’s been around for years. if you looked up Chandler Bing from Friends you would see a similar downward trend since the 90s.

If less people played a game you would expect less people to search up the game. Not to mention the shear amount of things in ARK and how many people would be searching them up (building, pvp, bosses, artifacts, base spots, dlc's, ect...).

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

If a moderator like yourself thinks it would be a good idea then why don't Wildcard add things if they know that people are going to enjoy it?

WildCard doesn’t base their development cycle and resource spend on what I think is a good idea. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

That has nothing to do with people playing the game or server/player numbers. 

Thats just a metric of people googling “Ark”. Doesn’t mean much of anything. You would expect that trend to go up if the company/game was new. It’s not. People don’t have to google “Ark” anymore. They just play the game. It’s been around for years. if you looked up Chandler Bing from Friends you would see a similar downward trend since the 90s.

1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I'm curious.

What part about the green numbers from the last 6 or so months do you not understand?

image.png

I did not see that, there's no need to be rude about it! We're having a perfectly calm discussion there's no no need to be throwing insults. For a moderator like yourself, you really do seem to have a lot of attitude towards the forum members, and I'd like you to actually try to act professional.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

I did not see that, there's no need to be rude about it! We're having a perfectly calm discussion there's no no need to be throwing insults. For a moderator like yourself, you really do seem to have a lot of attitude towards the forum members, and I'd like you to actually try to act professional.

That's not rude or insulting. 

They are just numbers.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

Asking someone what part do they not understand is a clear insult which is basically calling me dumb.

I see it more as in interrogatory statement to personally clarify on my part, the part you didn't understand.

On 2/20/2020 at 5:57 PM, Larkfields said:

Players come and go all the time.  Take a look at steam charts - it's not showing a significant decline.
https://steamcharts.com/app/346110

Take a look again after the 25th, to see if Genesis has an effect on the player base.

Ive checked it m8 and it is declining but you can believe what you will, all im saying things wouldnt be this bad if WC listened but they dont.

4 hours ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

You're using Google Trends to paint the picture you want to show.
Just like I use Steam Charts to show the picture I want to show ?

So tell me, do those two site contradict each other, or are they depicting different things?

1 minute ago, FreelancerKnux said:

That is unfortunate. One on one combat in ark is surprisingly enjoyable but isn't something you can encounter often enough even on small tribes.

Ive always played solo and ive had the game from day 1 but lately moved to pve because i simply dont have a chance against tribes and think it would be fun for me to be able to pvp solo players like myself, they could even reduce the bosses strength to make it easier for solo to do, I have only experienced tek playing on unofficial because i simply cant do bosses solo.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, ItWasntMe said:

they could even reduce the bosses strength to make it easier for solo to do

It was difficult for WoW to do this but they did make the boss fights (Raid bosses) scale based on what you brought to the fight.

It's out of scope for this game but it would be a welcome addition.

Archived