The Reason The Game Is Dying.

aeres

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, slejo said:

I have noticed it too. Most of facepalms i have taken from are made by Volunteer Mods -  @GP, @Joebl0w13

Nice story you made up there bro.

Take a look at your profile, it says you have received 28 facepalm reactions in total on all of your posts.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/profile/860718-slejo/reputation/

Dig a little further and the total count from myself is and the total count from Joe is 1. So yeah nice made up facts there fella.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, GP said:

Nice story you made up there bro.

Take a look at your profile, it says you have received 28 facepalm reactions in total on all of your posts.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/profile/860718-slejo/reputation/

Dig a little further and the total count from myself is and the total count from Joe is 1. So yeah nice made up facts there fella.

1 - Maybe I forgot to add "last time" to my post when there is " Most of facepalms i have taken from LAST TIME are made by Volunteer Mods"
2 - i think some facepalms were changed - there was much more than 1 each of you both
3 - i think this link doesnt count facepalms from blogposts

4 - the reason of our dogfight is the style Devs releases the new DLC. We need some info they are sitting quietly. The only news we receive concerns postponing launch dates. This leads to frustration on our part and not very happy attempts to defend devs on your part

anyways.. BIG WHATEVER from me. I just go off to Save the World playing Fortnite.

My ark dogfight is over.

4 hours ago, Koola173 said:

A lot of people commenting on this post seem to ignore the fact that OP is talking about Official Servers. Should the title of this post be named differently? Probably, but use just a bit of your intelligence to realize OP is talking about Officials.

Official Servers have in fact been declining over the years, via player count and server count.  There is no arguing that.

No where does he mention 'official' servers. He simply states that THE GAME IS DYING. Which is clearly a broad strokes assumption leveled out of emotional reaction. The guy admits he has a 'poopty' life and is obviously WAY too emotionally invested in the game to an unhealthy degree. 

Ark is not dying but with that said their GMs and customer support are rude and hostile to the paying customers without provocation. 

If you get GM rose she will give xp tame imprints and five or so tek engrams. But if you catch her in a bad mood she will give you half the xp and leave before you can say that she forgot the imprints and engrams. 

GM Fury I have heard only gives xp as well.

Inconsistent customer support and the inability to fully restore a character that their servers deleted at no fault of your owns shows how Ark is a great game ran by a truly horrible company.

7 hours ago, Koola173 said:

It's also quite hilarious that a Volunteer Mod is facepalming almost every comment that doesn't line up with his ideals.

Eh, if you'd notice its normally the trend of anyone supporting the contrary facepalms anyone that has anything to do that supports the OP.

Its just neat to find the petty in the audience by facepalming something that they said, only to have them do the same to a post of yours that they'd originally ignored.

You must find entertainment in a series of threads that only draw the resident Knights, considering the majority of anything said and done here are quite meaningless. The same old "I got screwed over" countered with "Shutup, its fine".  

Give it time.

A means to vent is pretty healthy though, psychologically speaking. 

8 hours ago, Koola173 said:

A lot of people commenting on this post seem to ignore the fact that OP is talking about Official Servers. Should the title of this post be named differently? Probably, but use just a bit of your intelligence to realize OP is talking about Officials.

Official Servers have in fact been declining over the years, via player count and server count.  There is no arguing that.

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/ark/4760420 big decline on the server I play on.

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, crasht01 said:

The metric system being a form of measuring units I suppose you could say this show how many basic units...... um  I mean players play the game.

So like the numbers I pulled here from your server showing it's not in decline at all.

3 hours ago, Masurao said:

Eh, if you'd notice its normally the trend of anyone supporting the contrary facepalms anyone that has anything to do that supports the OP.

Its just neat to find the petty in the audience by facepalming something that they said, only to have them do the same to a post of yours that they'd originally ignored.

You must find entertainment in a series of threads that only draw the resident Knights, considering the majority of anything said and done here are quite meaningless. The same old "I got screwed over" countered with "Shutup, its fine".  

Give it time.

A means to vent is pretty healthy though, psychologically speaking. 

I think the response is not " shut up, it's fine" but rather "Sorry, that's Ark and/or Wildcard for ya".  I think almost everybody knows how Wildcard operates at this point.  I know I experience my share of annoying bugs, glitches, and down time and I don't even play officials.  But what good does it do to come on here with some kind of entitled attitude and expect change?  Any time somebody comes on here and starts with "I've logged 40k+ hours into Ark but...", I immediately think "and you are somehow JUST realizing it has some problems?"...  Should Wildcard do better?  Absolutely!  Will they?  History says no.  But I do love surprises... 

I don't know if I would say the game is dying or not, but I CAN say that I think there is a lot of opportunity for the game to be better. A lot better... Maybe they just don't have enough funding to hire more staff for fixing all the bugs and issues? I've been thinking they should add in cosmetics or something like that to generate more revenue so they can hire people to come in and fix the problems. 

Also maybe work with players a little more when they have issues. Give FAIR compensation when their game screws someone out of countless hours of work. Be more transparent and forthcoming when there are issues (I'm on the ps4, haven't found a single dev post about the servers being down and if there is, a link would be appreciated). 

Love the game, but I do understand the need to complain when you're frustrated with something you enjoy. It's natural for people not to speak up or speak out until they are bothered by something, it's cathartic to complain and voice your opinions, and being quiet about a problem never helped get it addressed. 

9 hours ago, Mortishai said:

there is a lot of opportunity for the game to be better. A lot better...

That's it right there.  With an appropriate staff and due attention, Ark has HUGE potential to be better.  I still believe they bit off more than they could chew, lost too much revenue selling the game in early access, and moved on to Atlas way too fast.  It's unfortunate but at least we have what we have.  Even with it's bugs and issues, a lot of people are still enjoying the result.

The truth is that a lot of players FEEL the game is dying because its changed in ways THEY don't like or were used to, and THEY are not perceiving the sort of changes THEY want to see happen. So THEY are projecting THEIR general sense of loss & disapproval onto the player population as a whole.

There... I just psycho-analyzed the hell out of you all. LOL. 

Numbers don't lie. Your feelings do. 

Having said that... it's pretty normal for games to decline in popularity after a while, so we all anticipate a decline at some point. It's just at this point the game is doing much better in terms of capturing interest than would normally be expected for a half decade old game. WCs done  good job in that sense. The new maps keep older players coming back, and there's a bit of  a cyclical effect over time as older players become nostalgic about older maps as well.  

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, MooseX said:

Out of curiosity can a Mod ask the DEV the console numbers? I would like to see the differences in active players, PC, Xbox & PS4.

If not possible, well thanks for trying :)

They wont release these. I've rooted around for them before.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived