The Reason The Game Is Dying.

aeres

So about a week and a half ago, we set up a base in a cave. Was constantly getting hit so we put in countless all nighters even had a schedule set up so when one person went to sleep another got on. Over the course of a week, we put in so much time into our base grinded up tek turrets mad heavies, bullets, spam, flak, etc. raised over 100 babies during the event. When the event went down and the servers restarted, our server didn’t go back up for a while. We fought hard to get our server back, until about an hour ago it was up. We logged on to the server being rolled back. All our progress, babies, members, all gone. Still awaiting a response. My whole tribe is demotivated we are all on the verge of quitting. This isn’t the first time we’ve had trouble. About a month ago i lost my character. Talked a bunch with GM Fury about getting character and tek grams back. Found out i can only get my levels, which i was upset about but i soon got over it. So i asked when we can schedule an appointment to get my character back and never got a response since then. Completely ignored me. Ark is my escape, ark is everything to me. I live a poopty life and all my real friends are on this game. I come to this game for happiness and you ruined it.  Wildcard, your game is going to die if you don’t help people, pay closer attention, and make yourself known within the community over the course of 2 years your game has gone down in activity dramatically. I love your game and I still want to play your game. But this is ridiculous. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Leebum said:

I would also like to see proof of it "dying" since there are still thousands of players playing. Last I heard it was 50k per day still

people most liekly only played it cause they spent f*** tons of money on it and dont want that money to go to waste. also the game is dying, people are constantly complaining. people are reporting bugs and issues that are rarely resolved, the game is flooded with bugs (more bugs than content). second a lot of those people are players with no life and most likely make up the population of trolls, grievers and hackers, compared to other games 50K aint that big. the key to making a game popular and keeping it from dying is

1. constantly improve or develop it: whether this is removing bugs glitches or hell even players braking rules, it helps the game, community and the developers themselves

2. respond to your player base, companies like WC need to communicate with their fan base. i know WC is busy, but they obviously have a group of people who monitor the forums (not referring to volunteer mods) as they are the ones who make the patch posts and so on. so why not get these people to communicate with the games player base. inform us on how development is going, show us proof via streams, show us some footage of people working on ark. Dondi (the lea developer of the isle) does all this and more. I could use so many examples of games that do this. bone works, hello neighbor, the isle, all these games devs communicate with their player base on a regular basis, not once a every few months or once a month.

3. listen to the community, dont just talk to the community and disregard what they have to say, we are the ones paying the money for the game, we are the ones spending the time playing your game, we are the ones that experience it the most. therefore when a large amount of the community asks for something like say a TLC or a game balance, listen. we as a consumer want to see this game improve, the best way to improve the game is to take feed back from the player base. many successful game thrive because they take feed back from the games player base. they then take those ideas and implement them. say your a baker and they ask for a birthday cake, you dont go and bake them a loaf of bread, or make them a giant pie, no you make them a cake, because that is what they want, if you make them a pie they will leave and go to a different bakery. if you understand my metaphor then you get what i am trying to say. yes this game is dying, yes the there is still somewhat a large player base. yes WC are crap at their job. at this point i have kind of given up on ark, and with genesis pn its way it could either redeem WC or put the last nail in their coffin. i highly doubt they will see this post or any other post on the threads

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, Luewen said:

Lel. Atm we are at highest average amount of players in over a year. 47k just on steam. Thereis only 3 months that have had higher amount of players since games release in early access.

Can you please kindly set those facts aside. 

People are complaining here. 

When someone says a game is “dying” it’s usually for one of these two reasons

1: It’s actually dying lol

2: They just stopped playing and think when they stop it’s clearly dead.

I’ve been with ARK for basically its first release on Xbox and it’s had some really bad times but it always seems to bounce back from that! (WARNING! THIS IS MY OPINION)

But on that note I do think it’s getting a bit more toxic? Idk, I’ve been trying new servers and for some reason people just go around giving swamp fever to every beech noob they see. Really sucks but is still an amazing game and can’t wait for Genesis!!!

have a goodnight hehe :) 

7 hours ago, aeres said:

So about a week and a half ago, we set up a base in a cave. Was constantly getting hit so we put in countless all nighters even had a schedule set up so when one person went to sleep another got on. Over the course of a week, we put in so much time into our base grinded up tek turrets mad heavies, bullets, spam, flak, etc. raised over 100 babies during the event. When the event went down and the servers restarted, our server didn’t go back up for a while. We fought hard to get our server back, until about an hour ago it was up. We logged on to the server being rolled back. All our progress, babies, members, all gone. Still awaiting a response. My whole tribe is demotivated we are all on the verge of quitting. This isn’t the first time we’ve had trouble. About a month ago i lost my character. Talked a bunch with GM Fury about getting character and tek grams back. Found out i can only get my levels, which i was upset about but i soon got over it. So i asked when we can schedule an appointment to get my character back and never got a response since then. Completely ignored me. Ark is my escape, ark is everything to me. I live a poopty life and all my real friends are on this game. I come to this game for happiness and you ruined it.  Wildcard, your game is going to die if you don’t help people, pay closer attention, and make yourself known within the community over the course of 2 years your game has gone down in activity dramatically. I love your game and I still want to play your game. But this is ridiculous. 

A shedule set? Dude, I Think you and your guys need help. And I mean that. 

What you describe is proof that you are addicted. In a bad way. 

I totally understand its bad to lose stuff and that Gaming is your Escape. But this is rough man.

8 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

people most liekly only played it cause they spent f*** tons of money on it and dont want that money to go to waste. 

Not always true. I bought the game for around £15 when it launched into game preview on Xbox. 

I've bought loads of full retail games since then (the last being Jedi Fallen Order) but hardly given them 5 minutes. 

Those babies don't raise themselves....

9 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

people most liekly only played it cause they spent f*** tons of money on it and dont want that money to go to waste. also the game is dying, people are constantly complaining. people are reporting bugs and issues that are rarely resolved, the game is flooded with bugs (more bugs than content). second a lot of those people are players with no life and most likely make up the population of trolls, grievers and hackers, compared to other games 50K aint that big. the key to making a game popular and keeping it from dying is

1. constantly improve or develop it: whether this is removing bugs glitches or hell even players braking rules, it helps the game, community and the developers themselves

2. respond to your player base, companies like WC need to communicate with their fan base. i know WC is busy, but they obviously have a group of people who monitor the forums (not referring to volunteer mods) as they are the ones who make the patch posts and so on. so why not get these people to communicate with the games player base. inform us on how development is going, show us proof via streams, show us some footage of people working on ark. Dondi (the lea developer of the isle) does all this and more. I could use so many examples of games that do this. bone works, hello neighbor, the isle, all these games devs communicate with their player base on a regular basis, not once a every few months or once a month.

3. listen to the community, dont just talk to the community and disregard what they have to say, we are the ones paying the money for the game, we are the ones spending the time playing your game, we are the ones that experience it the most. therefore when a large amount of the community asks for something like say a TLC or a game balance, listen. we as a consumer want to see this game improve, the best way to improve the game is to take feed back from the player base. many successful game thrive because they take feed back from the games player base. they then take those ideas and implement them. say your a baker and they ask for a birthday cake, you dont go and bake them a loaf of bread, or make them a giant pie, no you make them a cake, because that is what they want, if you make them a pie they will leave and go to a different bakery. if you understand my metaphor then you get what i am trying to say. yes this game is dying, yes the there is still somewhat a large player base. yes WC are crap at their job. at this point i have kind of given up on ark, and with genesis pn its way it could either redeem WC or put the last nail in their coffin. i highly doubt they will see this post or any other post on the threads

You have said nothing different to the OP.

Your suggestions are also moot because, who is gonna apply it? We all have good ideas as to how to "fix" this "dying" game and yet, it is still very popular, 13th down the list of top selling mmo's on steam, 5th down on "whats popular" in Adventure... and VERY POSITIVE REVIEWS AND 50k playerbase is a lot 5 years later... a lot. A lot of games "die" within a couple of years with a few rare exceptions.

All in all, this seems to be just another complaints thread with no real contribution to the community.

9 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Can you please kindly set those facts aside. 

People are complaining here. 

Joe you should stay out of these topics if your just going to add to the flame. Op is hurting because of terrible service that you ignore because your connected. You bypassed everything else that the OP said just to pick on him. Stop trolling since your in a position to really hammer home comments. You should be helpful not hurtful. But I suppose your connected in a small way to Wildcard so the standards are low JOE

7 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

If you haven't yet, don't bother reading this. Another early birds user from officials got wrecked and comes here saying "the end of time is approaching" like one of those crazy people you see on the streets.

Got wrecked because ark has poop servers and rolled back a week literally a day after valentines makes sense 

Honestly, you just got Ark'd. Happens all the time, not a whole lot you can do. I've had all my stuff get deleted a lot over the past five years, and yeah, it truly does suck. 

It's up to you really. Do you leave the game and quit? Or do you keep pushing and do it all again? Maybe it's smart to leave, to not waste your time. Maybe you're stronger for sticking to it and persevering. Who knows.

At the end of the day, it's a game. Yeah, it's an escape, but it also isn't a second life. Most people will tell you Unofficial is the best way to experience the game. I personally think Single-player is, so maybe try one of those. Get your own server, so if something does happen you can fix it. 

I ain't got the answers, all I can say is throw in the towel or get back in the ring. Maybe leave and never come back. Maybe take a break. Maybe make Ark the only important thing in life. It's really your choice.

Yeah, it sucks, but you've gotta figure out what to do. 

careful OP, you're writing troll food here. 

On that note, ARK is what it is because it's not monetized to the potential that it could be, therefore you get what you pay for. Anyone playing on an official server should always be aware that WC is providing a barebones experience, and if you want a more premium experience then you have to step into the waters of unofficial dedicated servers. There are some clusters that have been up for as long as official itself, and have all the maps, more enjoyable rates, structures plus, and a gazillion other mods that fix what the Devs can't or won't. 

Honestly, the only reason I play on official is for the community and persistent economy, but with all the box players that have migrated over onto NA servers it's becoming increasingly more unfriendly. 

Is ARK dead? no, its just that you're a beta tester if you play on official, end of story, hard to argue otherwise unless you don't play. Until ARK runs and is maintained like a properly released title, the game silently still carries that Early Access experience, especially on official servers. Best to know what you're getting into beforehand, and keep expectations at zero over the long term.

1 hour ago, Owataday said:

Joe you should stay out of these topics if your just going to add to the flame. Op is hurting because of terrible service that you ignore because your connected. You bypassed everything else that the OP said just to pick on him. Stop trolling since your in a position to really hammer home comments. You should be helpful not hurtful. But I suppose your connected in a small way to Wildcard so the standards are low JOE

I wish I lived in a world where forum mods had power and influence .... but alas i'm stuck in this world, On that note though I believe the mods are just keeping this thread on topic and not trolling.

19 minutes ago, Swordguy said:

On that note, ARK is what it is because it's not monetized to the potential that it could be, therefore you get what you pay for. Anyone playing on an official server should always be aware that WC is providing a barebones experience, and if you want a more premium experience then you have to step into the waters of unofficial dedicated servers. There are some clusters that have been up for as long as official itself, and have all the maps, more enjoyable rates, structures plus, and a gazillion other mods that fix what the Devs can't or won't. 

Is ARK dead? no, its just that you're a beta tester if you play on official, end of story, hard to argue otherwise unless you don't play. Until ARK runs and is maintained like a properly released title, the game silently still carries that Early Access experience, especially on official servers. Best to know what you're getting into beforehand, and keep expectations at zero over the long term.

Hard to actually disagree with this, The only extra bit I would add though is that while Official servers might feel like a barebones experience they aren't needed to enjoy the game at all and WC could just cut their losses and stop hosting them without any issue.

The Reason The Game Is Dying PT2

Seems like people got butthurt over the last post, if you can see that the game is dying then idk why to say, official players on xbox has died down, a lot. On average there is about one hundred 0 pop servers. The devs seem to not care about anything. Although some do care and so do try and help but most don’t. In the past year the game has dropped player count significantly. Compare ark now to ark during legacy. it’s dead. If you’ve played the game as much as i have from when the game has dropped until now, you’ll know the game is dead.  Pc may not have died as much but look where they are at now a majority of their players has went to non official servers. Playing on servers where they don’t have to worry about devs.  Ark is going to be done soon if WC doesn’t step up. 

8 hours ago, Eviga said:

A shedule set? Dude, I Think you and your guys need help. And I mean that. 

What you describe is proof that you are addicted. In a bad way. 

I totally understand its bad to lose stuff and that Gaming is your Escape. But this is rough man.

That’s not the point. My whole point was that the people who made the game don’t care. Yeah i set up schedules because i play this game competitively as a hobby.  I don’t talk down on you for settin up schedules at work homie. 

1 hour ago, LEDminer said:

If you haven't yet, don't bother reading this. Another early birds user from officials got wrecked and comes here saying "the end of time is approaching" like one of those crazy people you see on the streets.

When the people who made the game don’t care about it. It’s going to die, game has dropped dramatically in playerbase. 

1 minute ago, aeres said:

That’s not the point. My whole point was that the people who made the game don’t care. Yeah i set up schedules because i play this game competitively as a hobby.  I don’t talk down on you for settin up schedules at work homie. 

Mate if you can't see the difference between work and a game you need to take a break. Also Ark on xbox is going just fine, the game isn't dead or dying if the player base isn't solely on official servers.

15 hours ago, Leebum said:

I would also like to see proof of it "dying" since there are still thousands of players playing. Last I heard it was 50k per day still

you’re literally forced to build in caves now bro. Xbox official servers are dead. Titans are broken meks are broken everything is broken. They still have yet to do a mek wipe. As in mek rushing is raptoring broken. Meshing not fixed as there is still mesh methods and it took them over a year to fix the problem.  WC doesn’t care and it’s pathetic. 

Archived