Tamed dinos just disappearing ?

Tamed dinos just disappearing ?

Hi people .to start off I'm playing official pve on pc , abberation map .  Last few days I've had a few dinos just disappear.  I logged on a few days ago to have a lvl 278 doedi just gone , checked everywhere and nothing , pretty sure I know where it was but nothing . 

Today I logged on and my 44 point weight karkinos has now vanished , I know it was sat right outside my base in green zone , nothing on log for either dino . I only play abb , I have no dead pods even though I'm pretty sure they were not prodded.  Checked all dinos out , checked all storage and fridges incase I did pod and nothing . Just gone ??? Anyone else have this issue .

Wouldn't be a huge issue if it was just a tamed dino but it keeps happening and someone cloned that karki for me and it's a pain to get one like that again solo ?

One of my gigas disappeared the other day. It was chilling in the yard on attacking target with all the other dinos, there are few things that could have happened. Since nothing is in the logs I lean towards some kind of glitch. I'm not entirely discounting one of my tribe mates doing something, but it wasn't podded or uploaded and nobody knows where it is. It wasn't on aggressive or wander so it wouldn't have left on its own, but I've spent hours combing the country side regardless. Some other people in global have started to complain of dinos vanishing and no log etc. etc. so seeing this post, one more nail in the coffin, there is some deadly new glitch eating dinos that are just chilling in your yards. Gg wc. gg.

On valguero xbox pve I have a small walled off area in the white cliff valley area that I leave some doeds on wander to gather stone and have a couple allos following each doed for defense and to get some raw meat occasionally. Well about a week ago 2 of the allos disappeared, I figured they glitched through a gate but I checked the entire valley and they arent there. That valley is very hard for a wandering dino to get out of so Im sure it didnt get out in the 12 hours I was offline. Checked 50/50 and they arent there and nothing in tribe log. I figured some kind of glitch and forgot about it for the most part but this thread reminded me. Something must be happening.

My dinos on abe vanished too, spino from the yard and bear from inside the base. Nothing in tribe log. I thought I got arked and forgot about it. The next day I see a damn diplo pushing one of my other spinos around the yard and even pushing the dinos inside the base when he pinned the spino to my walls. Furious, I decided to go farm some metal and build dino gates on the ledge above my base, guess the diplo fell from there into my yard. Imagine my surprise when I bumped into MY lost spino on the way to blue zone (I live near the big lake in green zone). And even further down in blue I found the bear wrestling with some titanoboas.

On the other hand, I was taming a stego on island one day and a wild diplo came to me and started pushing my rex. I was currently checking the food on the knocked stego, then I turned around and started running towards the rex and diplo. Sudenly after one push the rex blasted off into the sky like Team Rocket after Pikachus thunderbolt, never to be seen again. Nothing in log either. The animation as he flew straight up was hillarious. Walking back to my base by foot - not so much.

So, if you cant find out what happened, blame the diplos. They deserve it.

25 minutes ago, DMTKenna said:

I've had a bee disappear on rag. Pretty sure if the hive decays it reverts back to bee. But it was gone gone no mention in log off anything happening and nowhere to be found

Pretty sure that is a separate issue. I think there was some way people were duping hives and the remedy currently makes it impossible to get your bee back, so don't ever let your hives decay now, or try to move them, or store them in vaults.

3 hours ago, Erinn said:

My dinos on abe vanished too, spino from the yard and bear from inside the base. Nothing in tribe log. I thought I got arked and forgot about it. The next day I see a damn diplo pushing one of my other spinos around the yard and even pushing the dinos inside the base when he pinned the spino to my walls. Furious, I decided to go farm some metal and build dino gates on the ledge above my base, guess the diplo fell from there into my yard. Imagine my surprise when I bumped into MY lost spino on the way to blue zone (I live near the big lake in green zone). And even further down in blue I found the bear wrestling with some titanoboas.

On the other hand, I was taming a stego on island one day and a wild diplo came to me and started pushing my rex. I was currently checking the food on the knocked stego, then I turned around and started running towards the rex and diplo. Sudenly after one push the rex blasted off into the sky like Team Rocket after Pikachus thunderbolt, never to be seen again. Nothing in log either. The animation as he flew straight up was hillarious. Walking back to my base by foot - not so much.

So, if you cant find out what happened, blame the diplos. They deserve it.

So a diplo pushing your tamed rex caused it to fly upwards? Weird. I read somewhere that the anti meshing system first trys to push things up out of the map floor before deleting them. Perhaps what you witnessed was that system going horribly wrong?

1 hour ago, GrumpyBear said:

If the doed was in a kark claw, it can disappear once the server goes down and comes back up.

Yeah I have had that problem before so I did know about that . Although I do park my doed , anky and roll rat together in a spot in the base . No reason to pod as it's either carried by the crab ( which has now gone ) and doesnt go across server as I'm only based on abb :s

57 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

So a diplo pushing your tamed rex caused it to fly upwards? Weird. I read somewhere that the anti meshing system first trys to push things up out of the map floor before deleting them. Perhaps what you witnessed was that system going horribly wrong?

This happened a long time before anti-meshing system was implemented and it never happened again. The rex just flew straight up, then behind the invisible ceiling and I havent seen it since, nothing in tribe log either.

It must have been a combination of lag and weird glitch, I doubt it was OPs case. I just thought it would be funny to mention it a well.

10 hours ago, Erinn said:

This happened a long time before anti-meshing system was implemented and it never happened again. The rex just flew straight up, then behind the invisible ceiling and I havent seen it since, nothing in tribe log either.

It must have been a combination of lag and weird glitch, I doubt it was OPs case. I just thought it would be funny to mention it a well.

The anti mesh system has been a work in progress for a long time fyi. It's only been recently that it has gotten a lot of upgrades and one of those was a kill zone everyone talks about as anti mesh. But I've been saying for years that anti meshing made my one quetzals disappear.... dude had a tapajara sitting ontop of quetz catching cage, and I was slow flying with a weight on w key home, and the tapajara got pushed through the top of the map and ghosted. Quetz was fine for a few days but then disappeared right next to my house. There were also beds on its back so I could spawn in to find exactly where he was glitched at, but doing so glitched my own character and i'd just be stuck floating there.. So I learned to try hitting it with a pike (idk why but someone on these forums said back then that pikes sometimes un ghosted things) after like a week it appeared un ghosted and half way across the map, I think right after hitting it a second time with the pike. Around about the same time there were other dinos appearing and disappearing in the area, including to my dismay a titanosaur.. i'd go out harvesting resources around my base and accidentally attack a invisible titano and it'd cause it to appear and start destroying stuff, then vanish as mysteriously. Dark days lol... I think that was all the way back in beta btw.

• 4 weeks later...

the last dino was a giga but i had a spino sasquach quetz and therizino dissapear.  had a argy glitch and walk through my walls out of my base and 500 feet into the neighboors base.

my quetz had a bed on it and i was only offline 8 hours and i have 1 tribemate who does not even play on that server.  shes just a backup in case i cant log on.  the bed was named and it can not be found.  10 dinos in less than a month just vanished.  including a giga on valguero who i spent???  6 hours looking for with a scout.

no death log nothing.  just raptoring gone...  i cant even breed fast enough to keep up with losses imma have to cryo everything and wait till the games fixed at this point.. bought genesis cant even raptoring play ark right now.  played it 10 minutes too busy replacing dinos on 3 x events.  this is disgusting.