Hey Wildcard! Devs.. please dont allow early transfers to Genesis!

slejo

Suggestion

My suggestion is to start Genesis WITHOUT a leveled character.
Total start of new - barefoot people running in dirty panties - 1 lvl people. The game would be more exciting and challenging. Early transfers (even character ones) broke game.

I suggest to open transfer as late as possible - for example at Genesis Part 2 launch.

12 replies to this server topic

33 minutes ago, FreeEnergyDrink said:

Your idea goes against the whole storyline of ark... Genesis is a continuation of Survival...  

Gameplay first!

I played Extinction and Valguero from the beginning to this day. When the time of open transfer came, many players were afraid that the game would become less interesting. And in fact it was becoming. Oversized bases were filling up with unnecessary hordes of multi-colored dinos. And since then the number of players on servers has been decreasing day by day. Today, when I look there, there is no life, only vegetation - feeding dinos and visiting the base before time decay.

Boredom and death come when there are no challenges both ingame and irl.

6 hours ago, nameless said:

Did you make this suggestion because your character was lost or because you are worried about you may lose it again?

Whats a reason you attack me personally like a propagandist. Focus on the topic, leave me alone.

I am not afraid of losing character at all. Since I lost my character then I now have 3 characters at different maps and I will send one to Genesis, if there is a rule as in any previous DLC. But I would prefer everyone starts with fresh start.

• Volunteer Moderator

I am in total disagreement. Server transfers should be allowed the same as previous DLCs. Survivor transfer allowed without items or dinos to begin with.

If you restrict it to new survivors only and don't open transfers until Genesis 2 then there will be a lot less people on Genesis servers, and would likely put people off the DLC entirely.

What should be considered at least, is the ability for people to transfer items and creatures off Genesis servers to be held back for a while, rather than the usual allowing it straight away.

I mean think about it. I have a max leveled survivor, why would I want to start a new survivor just to play on Genesis and wait almost another year before using my main survivor on Genesis? None of that makes sense, and i'm sure it wouldn't make sense to Wildcard either.

6 minutes ago, GP said:

Why would I want to start a new survivor just to play on Genesis

Because its mainly survival game, not just evolve. After many QOL changes game became quite simple even with fresh start.
In my ark history I have started from zero Aberration, Extinction and Valguero. The most interesting stage was the survival stage. The evolution stage has become more and more boring with time.

10 minutes ago, GP said:

I am in total disagreement. Server transfers should be allowed the same as previous DLCs. Survivor transfer allowed without items or dinos to begin with.

If you restrict it to new survivors only and don't open transfers until Genesis 2 then there will be a lot less people on Genesis servers, and would likely put people off the DLC entirely.

What should be considered at least, is the ability for people to transfer items and creatures off Genesis servers to be held back for a while, rather than the usual allowing it straight away.

I mean think about it. I have a max leveled survivor, why would I want to start a new survivor just to play on Genesis and wait almost another year before using my main survivor on Genesis? None of that makes sense, and i'm sure it wouldn't make sense to Wildcard either.

Truth be told I will be using an Alt char to go to genesis I don't want to risk my main char that has all the imprinted dinos are on, with a new expansion. 

Because something can go wrong the game has its faults I still love it even with its imperfections. But I would like if we all had to start with new char it puts people on  the same ground level playing field ( meaning all of us has to start in thatch and move up), but i like all the fancy engrams too haha

1 hour ago, slejo said:

My suggestion is to start Genesis WITHOUT a leveled character.
Total start of new - barefoot people running in dirty panties - 1 lvl people. The game would be more exciting and challenging. Early transfers (even character ones) broke game.

I suggest to open transfer as late as possible - for example at Genesis Part 2 launch.

Your idea goes against the whole storyline of ark... Genesis is a continuation of Survival...  

Archived