How exactly will Genesis server transfers work?

KRONOSDOUBLE

@youtubesteakI can understand the longer map closure, so people experience the map in the beginning on how it is before the transfers, fine but why can't you just play without bred dinos? Why do you need to use them on PVE? No one is forcing you to play a certain way. This is what I don't understand, some people have commented on my post but no one has tried to explain the reasoning why they just don't use the hyper bred boss dinos, why they don't use equipment from the outside and just seek a challenge for themselves? 

You can play on official and never accept anything from others, it's very much possible on PVE...

2 hours ago, Fukushu said:

@youtubesteakI can understand the longer map closure, so people experience the map in the beginning on how it is before the transfers, fine but why can't you just play without bred dinos? Why do you need to use them on PVE? No one is forcing you to play a certain way. This is what I don't understand, some people have commented on my post but no one has tried to explain the reasoning why they just don't use the hyper bred boss dinos, why they don't use equipment from the outside and just seek a challenge for themselves? 

You can play on official and never accept anything from others, it's very much possible on PVE...

Why don’t you just play single player and spawn in level 2000 rexes and whistle to win? Takes just as much work. You apparently haven’t been grinding the end game for the past few months only to have people who didn’t even put in an ounce of work just pop over and complete content you’ve been working hard to complete. PVE IS competition, whether you like it or not. We all have to compete with resources, and being first either server or world to clear endgame PVE content is prestigious and an accomplishment, not only in ark but in many games with endgame PVE content. Heck, Ark even has leaderboards on missions. You think my months of work vs people using someone else 3 years of work is going to make the top 10? As you said, “don’t force your play style on me”. See? I can play that game too. 
How do I think this goes? They open transfers, missions become pointless to grind, loot crates become even more trash than they currently are, resources are better on other maps, so the map becomes a boss fight and an ambergris run. I hope to be done with alpha by the time the servers open, but I know many, many people who have put in many late nights and have worked hard to get there, and probably won’t clear the content before every entitled person brings their bought tames (or buys seats)and steamrolls supposed “endgame content”. By the responses on Twitter, I don’t think I’m alone on this, there needs to be more time to allow people to clear this and be rewarded for their work by having engrams early, then open transfers to allow the rest to complete it when the content is stale, or just open transfers from the start, but don’t waste everyone’s time. In my opinion, endgame content shouldn’t be for everyone.

@youtubesteakso it all comes down to competition and that you find it unfair considering you put so much time into it? ''prestigious and an accomplishment'' is probably the issue that many ''anti openers'' have. While I can't agree with your reasoning I can understand the ''need'' to stand out, some people get a lot of enjoyment out of it... 

But IMO if everyone focused more on their own, their tribemates and friends, more people could probably enjoy the game way more. I have a good friend who is exactly like you. He only plays on new maps until they open up because he enjoys to be better than others, the attention he gets from people asking him questions or seeking help which is not really something you should seek in a game. Don't you play games for your own enjoyment? Why is your enjoyment so deeply connected to others, to the point that if someone would get ahead of you in PVE with ''unfair'' methods (others boss dinos) that you would lose a big deal of enjoyment? 

I can fully understand PVP but PVE makes it possible for everyone to play in their own way and on their own pace. You don't really seek the challenge with what you said, you seek that prestigious feeling, the attention from others in ARK PVE which is weird to me but we probably have too different opinions on that matter. I just don't understand how PVE is a competition but too each their own.

I thank you for the explanation.

3 hours ago, youtubesteak said:

PVE IS competition, whether you like it or not.

This cracked me up.  The only competition your in in PVE is yourself.

I do most things on all the maps slower then everyone else, including raising babies. I don't have to compete with anyone for what I want to do except maybe fighting for a piece of land to build a base.  Far as the rest of it, I could care less if everyone beats myself or my tribe mates to 'end game content'.  PVE isn't about competing against others, its about having fun and enjoying yourself, its that simple, no more, no less.

On 4/22/2020 at 4:59 AM, caleb68 said:

This cracked me up.  The only competition your in in PVE is yourself.

I do most things on all the maps slower then everyone else, including raising babies. I don't have to compete with anyone for what I want to do except maybe fighting for a piece of land to build a base.  Far as the rest of it, I could care less if everyone beats myself or my tribe mates to 'end game content'.  PVE isn't about competing against others, its about having fun and enjoying yourself, its that simple, no more, no less.

Only a minority life that competition and indeed most people I meet don't care. OTOH on our server all three biggest tribes were kinda racing it. It is about prestigue and accomplishement, I can sign @youtubesteak comment 110% :) The fight itself isn't even that hard once you grinded some decent gear.

On 4/21/2020 at 1:49 PM, caleb68 said:

makes you want to quit the game because they are going to announce the date transfers open? or ... did i miss something?

Its just that all th fun of starting new dinolines and breeding for the missions is useless. I really hoped it wou be a new start, a beginning just as what genesis means. But yea it wildcard, I should have known better

6 hours ago, catfighter24 said:

Its just that all th fun of starting new dinolines and breeding for the missions is useless. I really hoped it wou be a new start, a beginning just as what genesis means. But yea it wildcard, I should have known better

why would transfers being open stop you from doing just that? I don't get it.  I can't see how that would stop you from breeding new dino lines for the missions, unless the ability of being able to transfer dinos is just too much of a pull and you can't resist it.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, caleb68 said:

why would transfers being open stop you from doing just that? I don't get it.  I can't see how that would stop you from breeding new dino lines for the missions, unless the ability of being able to transfer dinos is just too much of a pull and you can't resist it.

All down to will power, I guess he has none.

• 1 month later...

Archived