How exactly will Genesis server transfers work?

KRONOSDOUBLE

How exactly will server transfers work?

I remember when valguero dropped that server transfers were pretty much non-existent. You could transfer characters in and out and that was about it. At around the 1 month mark, you could transfer things off server, and at around the 3 month mark, you could transfer into the servers (which is when everyone gets mek/giga rushed). 

Question 1:  When will you be able to transfer from one Genesis server to another Genesis server? 

Question 2:  Will transfer in out for Genesis be pretty much identical to how they were for Valguero?

45 minutes ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

How exactly will server transfers work?

I remember when valguero dropped that server transfers were pretty much non-existent. You could transfer characters in and out and that was about it. At around the 1 month mark, you could transfer things off server, and at around the 3 month mark, you could transfer into the servers (which is when everyone gets mek/giga rushed). 

Question 1:  When will you be able to transfer from one Genesis server to another Genesis server? 

Question 2:  Will transfer in out for Genesis be pretty much identical to how they were for Valguero?

It has been the same for every time they released a new map, why would it be different ?

Also, i'm pretty sure you can transfer off the server immediatly.

36 minutes ago, Fes said:

why would it be different ?

There is always possibility. Maybe because of different story plot? After Extinction we are another being?

Anyways I hope that the possibility of transfers will be delayed as long as possible. After allowing transfers, the game becomes much less interesting and challenging.

11 minutes ago, slejo said:

There is always possibility. Maybe because of different story plot? After Extinction we are another being?

I agree that some stuff will probably be a bit different due to the survivor being in simulation instead of an actual ark, but we don't know if it's after extinction or not. 

I'm guessing that it's after survivors arrives on Earth again, but before the king titan is defeated because the Genesis Chronicles talk about Earth in it's corrupted state 

6 hours ago, Akarulez said:

I don't want to see any OP dinos or Managarmrs flying across the map to be honest. If they want to keep challenge, map itself should be as fresh as possible. I don't think even character transfer is good for new maps. 

This x10000. Manas ruin every map as they're the alpha dog by a large margin and nothing else can really compete. I love my red and pink snow owl I just got during the Vday event but if I had to give it up in order to prevent creatures from transferring to arks that dont feature said animal I would in a heartbeat. 

Although, I have no problem with character transfers. Leveling can be a bit of a slog in this game once you get higher up and I'd rather spend the first few weeks on Genesis marveling at the map rather than having to level my character.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2020 at 9:56 AM, Akarulez said:

I don't want to see any OP dinos or Managarmrs flying across the map to be honest. If they want to keep challenge, map itself should be as fresh as possible. I don't think even character transfer is good for new maps. 

How do you get tek unlocks with no player transfer.. 

I assume that most of you are playing PVE. I can fully understand if PVP people are against transfers but I as a PVE player hope for full open transfers.

I personally want to use any OP super bred dino I can in PVE and if you don't want to use them, just don't.

If you really wanted a challange you would play every map without using other peoples OP bred dinos but why are you not doing that? There are only some reasons for this thinking. 

I would assume that people don't want to lack behind others but just a reminder that you are playing PVE and no one will laugh at you, overwhelm you with their bred dinos or in any way possible be able to ruin your fun if you decide to not use bred lines from others.

Some people also enjoy the feeling of superiority which comes with some perks like people depending on you and your knowledge, dinos, equipment but if you seek such a thing ingame and the opening of the map would ruin this for you, I would highly recommend to search for the root of the actual issue behind this ''need''.

The maps are already pillared and build up to the brim, the servers were constantly full and no one freshly transferring into the map will have any possible way to suddenly hog up gigantic areas of the map, this argument just doesn't make any sense at all.

If you really wanted to have challenging ARK experience you would do all the maps on your own, without any bred lines from others but this is just my opinion because I often see people hating on open transfers. People want to play the maps in a ''purist'' way but won't do it if not everyone else is limited to the same standard, which is really weird to me in PVE.

Just enjoy the game but don't try to force your playstyle on others, if you want a purist experience, play the game without any help, without bred lines and have fun.

1 hour ago, Fukushu said:

I assume that most of you are playing PVE. I can fully understand if PVP people are against transfers but I as a PVE player hope for full open transfers.

I personally want to use any OP super bred dino I can in PVE and if you don't want to use them, just don't.

If you really wanted a challange you would play every map without using other peoples OP bred dinos but why are you not doing that? There are only some reasons for this thinking. 

I would assume that people don't want to lack behind others but just a reminder that you are playing PVE and no one will laugh at you, overwhelm you with their bred dinos or in any way possible be able to ruin your fun if you decide to not use bred lines from others.

Some people also enjoy the feeling of superiority which comes with some perks like people depending on you and your knowledge, dinos, equipment but if you seek such a thing ingame and the opening of the map would ruin this for you, I would highly recommend to search for the root of the actual issue behind this ''need''.

The maps are already pillared and build up to the brim, the servers were constantly full and no one freshly transferring into the map will have any possible way to suddenly hog up gigantic areas of the map, this argument just doesn't make any sense at all.

If you really wanted to have challenging ARK experience you would do all the maps on your own, without any bred lines from others but this is just my opinion because I often see people hating on open transfers. People want to play the maps in a ''purist'' way but won't do it if not everyone else is limited to the same standard, which is really weird to me in PVE.

Just enjoy the game but don't try to force your playstyle on others, if you want a purist experience, play the game without any help, without bred lines and have fun.

I’m PVE and hope for no transfers similar to aberration - any x variant “regular” Dino cab to enter. 

On 2/21/2020 at 10:10 AM, WhitetigerLEO said:

I hope they don't allow tranfers in, do to the larger tribes will pillar every thing off and bring in their max breed dino's and hog all the boss fights and turn the map into another Dino Ranch.

i donno what server your playing on but our genesis server has been pillared to no end, some tribes build 3-4 large bases in the biomes.  Dino ranches already exist on Genesis.

On 4/6/2020 at 3:52 PM, gloaiza18 said:

Dudes. Server transfers lol let's focus. Are they possible? Genesis is a fun place to visit, but not a great place to live. 

You can currently transfer items and dinos out of genesis, just not in.  wait till the 25th of next month and you should be able to transfer items and dinos in.

9 hours ago, caleb68 said:

i donno what server your playing on but our genesis server has been pillared to no end, some tribes build 3-4 large bases in the biomes.  Dino ranches already exist on Genesis.

You can currently transfer items and dinos out of genesis, just not in.  wait till the 25th of next month and you should be able to transfer items and dinos in.

i agree @caleb68 most places are pillared people have already had time to establish. Ranches are already out there. im ready to do some transfers on start working on beating the boss.

53 minutes ago, XxsidwinderxX said:

i agree @caleb68 most places are pillared people have already had time to establish. Ranches are already out there. im ready to do some transfers on start working on beating the boss.

we had dino ranches springing up in the first week of genesis, mostly rexs and magmasaurs, but now its ferox, magmasaur, whales, rexs, even turtles.

I'm for transfers honestly, but then again, it's more or less for convenience. We're planning on keeping our main base on the ocean in Genesis. However, I think they really need to fix the issues before allowing anything into the server. There's a complete disaster happening right now with the latest patch, timeouts every 15 minutes on extinction, crashing every 5 minutes on Genesis, this needs to be handled ASAP.  I can't believe they haven't mentioned anything about fixes on the way for this mess yet.

2 hours ago, Rio4201 said:

I'm for transfers honestly, but then again, it's more or less for convenience. We're planning on keeping our main base on the ocean in Genesis. However, I think they really need to fix the issues before allowing anything into the server. There's a complete disaster happening right now with the latest patch, timeouts every 15 minutes on extinction, crashing every 5 minutes on Genesis, this needs to be handled ASAP.  I can't believe they haven't mentioned anything about fixes on the way for this mess yet.

I think the most annoying one is when you transfer something into storage and it pops a item back into your inventory,  causes losses when transferring stuff in / out of the transmitter.   

On 4/18/2020 at 5:21 PM, Fukushu said:

I think they either need to just have open transfers on launch, or give ample times for most people to complete the content, or why even not allow transfers in the first place? We are currently working towards alpha final test, and we are the only tribe(that I’m aware of) that had completed even gamma on our server. I say give enough time for a large portion of tribes to realistically complete the content on official rates, then open transfers.

Another issue I have with it, grinding the missions for loot will be absolutely pointless, given how hard it is to get gear on genesis and how easy it is to just bring over max gear and saddles, so why even play this map? Tame a few things and do the boss fight? 

Archived