What would you want to see added into a Plesiosaurs TLC?

Scribelord

What would you want to see added into a Plesiosaurs TLC?

Other than the new shiny model I can only think of is letting vacuum compartments onto its platform saddle, I think a fear roar could also be kind of cool like a underwater yutyrannus 

Edit: abit of a side track but imagine how nice the plesiosaur would look with a genesis skin similar to the mosa and it had a TLC ontop of that? I honestly think it would probably be one of the best looking creatures in the game.

I would like if the plesi got a speed boost just like the bear when swimming straight forward for a few seconds. Also it would be logical if he could strife into sides like tapejara. With these movement reworks it would be easier to position yourself for attacks.

Once you put the platform on, the side-moving similar to tapejara will be removed.

Also according to prehistoric facts, his strong fins allowed him to move on the ground just like a turtle. The mosas and tusos are so huge there is no space for plesis in my already big base. If they could chill on the beach it would look super cool. Not lie flat on ground, but standing there with a gracefuly bent neck.

Plesis had small jaws and lesser teeth, we dont need another killing beast, leave that role to mosa and the shark. I would love a fast travelling mount with a lot of movement options.

Also imagine sneaking underwater with platform, then emerging at someones gates on the beach and attacking the hell out of them. There would be disadvantage too, plesi should be slower on the ground and therefore vulnerable to attacks.

1 hour ago, Castlerock said:
2 hours ago, Cowgirl said:
Better AOE and jellyfish immunity.

Agree with the AOE, i feel its better to give jelly immunity to the mosa, its size just seems to make it easier for jelly to hit

Mosa should definitely have jelly immunity too.  There should be like a 1 second cooldown between jelly sting affects TBH, cause it's so hard to break free of them once youre in their grasp because attacks aren't often able to be gotten between attacks when there are multiple jellies.

55 minutes ago, Erinn said:

Also it would be logical if he could strife into sides like tapejara. With these movement reworks it would be easier to position yourself for attacks.

Once you put the platform on, the side-moving similar to tapejara will be removed.

Oh, I really like that idea! With so many fins it feels like it very well could have much better movement abilities. Even if the AOE doesn't get reworked, just that would make it so much more useful in fighting. I don't agree with it being removed with a platform saddle though - I think it could still work with the strafing even if it has a house on its back! :)

57 minutes ago, Erinn said:

Also according to prehistoric facts, his strong fins allowed him to move on the ground just like a turtle. The mosas and tusos are so huge there is no space for plesis in my already big base. If they could chill on the beach it would look super cool. Not lie flat on ground, but standing there with a gracefuly bent neck.

Plesis had small jaws and lesser teeth, we dont need another killing beast, leave that role to mosa and the shark. I would love a fast travelling mount with a lot of movement options.

Also imagine sneaking underwater with platform, then emerging at someones gates on the beach and attacking the hell out of them. There would be disadvantage too, plesi should be slower on the ground and therefore vulnerable to attacks.

Really cool suggestion as well! :D 

I know the OP said "apart from the model", but I'd really want to mention it still because that's the main thing for me. I don't even mind it not getting new abilities if it just gets a new model!

@Zahlea I wasnt sure how would it look if the plesi swim backwards with a trap/house on its back but I guess it could be done with platform on too.

For attacks I would leave the left click to be AoE/body slam, for right click I would make a bite attack. That long neck had a purpose, to reach a prey that was running away or attack from a safe distance, so lets make a use of it.

For C I would make the plesi pull his fins close to his body and dash forward with a little movement boost, that would give a temporary movement speed buff decaying slowly over time. Only after the timer is gone, it can dash again. Would be probably better than the permanent bear-sprinting I suggested first.

I spent a lot of time in the ocean, using all water creatures I tamed for a long time and I could make a suggestion for every single one of them to make the ocean an enjoyable yet challenging place. If you compare the skillset of ground or aerial creatures, they have tons of funny, interesting abilities. The only thing I got is tuso ink attack that blinds myself too and his grapple attack I cant use on pve anyway. Oh, and the basilo makes cute rainbow if you use rightclick while surfaced. Thank WC :D

On 2/19/2020 at 5:18 AM, Glydyr said:

As they normally spawn in pairs, maybe a pack boost but limited to just 2 unlike wolves? 

Maybe for megalodons, but not plesiosaurs. 

I would like to see plesios, and mosas, have air tight structures built on their platforms. There is almost now point in building a structure on their backs currently simply because you cant put anything worth while on it. Want a cryofridge and refridgerator on its back? Too bad! Cause generators don't work underwater!! Really wish WC would make enclosed structures on their platforms air-tight so we could actually build submersible mobile bases

Definitely needs a better AOE and I like the strafe movement idea above too. 

Not sure what else to add to make it relevant enough to use over a Tuso, Basil, or Mosa. 

They nerfed it's speed awhile ago. Can't reverse that with it's hp pool. Been awhile since I used one but possibly a reduction on stamina drain. So maybe while it's not as fast, it can just go full sprint for awhile. Could be more useful as a transport then.

On 2/19/2020 at 6:37 AM, Cowgirl said:

Better AOE and jellyfish immunity.

Maybe what @Erinn wrote in their edit message is another way to go? 

If you had a bite attack from distance, there wont be a need for jellyfish immunity, you would just munch them from afar.

I think I prefer that actually. Then it wouldn't as much cannibalise on the Basilo's usefulness but rather be a different alternative to it. What I like most about it is that it's skill based, in the sense that you still need to be aware of your surroundings and you need to plan strategically so that you can eat the Cnidarias before they reach you. I would definitely need the strafing and swimming backwards abilities for that though, as it wouldn't be that useful if you had to swim into it every time you tried to get away.

I need to keep talking about backwards and strafing for the Plesio! ? The more I think of it, the more I love the idea! I really miss having a really flexible water dino with great moveability. To me the Plesio is without a doubt the best candidate with its many and flexible fins - it really looks like it could (or should) have the ability to move much better than it currently does.

15 hours ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

I would like to see plesios, and mosas, have air tight structures built on their platforms.

Agree. It seems weird to build structure that can't go under water on a water dino!

17 hours ago, Zahlea said:

Maybe what @Erinn wrote in their edit message is another way to go? 

With their current AOE though I think it would be easy for the jellies to get past the bite, and since the jellies come to you unless the bite can affect anywhere around the body they could easily bypass the bite and hit the body.

Archived