What WC Really needs to do

Mavrick88

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mavrick88 said:

Example:

Example.png

This literally happened as I was typing my last reply. Was online, had a bunch of drake eggs hatch. All was good. I was taking care of getting the babies together. Then the server crashed, no joke, for the 10th time today. No idea when it's coming back up. So I go do something else. I come back, log in. My eggs hatched AGAIN because there was a roll back due to a server crash. But I was offline because of the server crash. So there was no render when they hatched. They all got stuck in my AC units. They can fix that. It's just code. It's been going on forever. Now had I forgotten about them, my fault totally. Well actually they still shouldn't be in the ACs, but still, my fault for not timing it you can say. But the crash caused a roll back, I come back to that. How is that not annoying when that COULD be fixed? I'm not even mad because I'm used to it and that's just sad that players get used to that. Just proving a point and that's just ONE issue they need to fix.

This is a perfect example of the irritating garbage that makes me stop playing Ark every now and again. I play for like 3-4months, the rage from all of these events eventually boils over and I quit, try to find a new hobby or something and then come back after a few weeks. Why do I come back? I don't know. Point is this is a perfect example of the stupid stuff that should get fixed. The hit boxes on some babies, such as baby drakes needs to be fixed (the hit box is larger than the drake, so you get stuck in invisible drake tails). Roll rats becoming invisible when you TP in or spawn at base, so you find yourself getting stuck in a pile of invisible roll rats. All of this STUPID minor stuff just gets so infuriating. Not gonna mention the anti-mesh chaos because thats for the greater good (brood cave on valg still getting meshed on official pvp btw). 

3 hours ago, whoareyou said:

This is a perfect example of the irritating garbage that makes me stop playing Ark every now and again. I play for like 3-4months, the rage from all of these events eventually boils over and I quit, try to find a new hobby or something and then come back after a few weeks. Why do I come back? I don't know. Point is this is a perfect example of the stupid stuff that should get fixed. The hit boxes on some babies, such as baby drakes needs to be fixed (the hit box is larger than the drake, so you get stuck in invisible drake tails). Roll rats becoming invisible when you TP in or spawn at base, so you find yourself getting stuck in a pile of invisible roll rats. All of this STUPID minor stuff just gets so infuriating. Not gonna mention the anti-mesh chaos because thats for the greater good (brood cave on valg still getting meshed on official pvp btw). 

Exactly how MANY players feel. Too many people, customers! Easy fixes that they won't do. Focus is too much on making money off new content. Not things people already paid for.

14 minutes ago, HoganRyan01 said:

Most of whats in the post seems to be server issues... Seems like Nitrado is to blame? I play Singleplayer now and none of these problems have happened to me. Only problems have been dinos changing colours twice because of updates but thats it.

Ive tried this. For me, half the game is social interaction and trades. I hate using cheats to do things to be honest. 

WC can do both:

Fixing issues and bugs, providing better support and servers is the way THEY reward OUR confidence for the game since early access.

Launching new paid content and dlc's, is the way in which WE pay THEIR commitment for the game and users.

The formula is simple:

Better servers performances, support and solutions means more money we'll spend on the game. 

A happy consumer, is a consumer who will pay for more and better game content.?

1 minute ago, canojuancho said:

WC can do both:

Fixing issues and bugs, providing better support and servers is the way THEY reward OUR confidence for the game since early access.

Launching new paid content and dlc's, is the way in which WE pay THEIR commitment for the game and users.

The formula is simple: Better servers performances, support and solutions means more money we'll spend on the game. ?

This ^^^^^^^^

before my recent return to official on pc, I was playing on a private dedicated server. The owner straight up told he's not putting anymore money into the game until its fixed. 

I agree with the initial post 100% I too heard all of those things on ALL the maps we play on, Island, rag( always rag) ext and AB. We had nightly server outages on 341.

My sister and I already have genesis, I too want new contend and I'm a bit of a pessimist when it comes to what WC may and may not fix.

At this point it feels like a cash grab with no thought to the current population and the content they already have gotten money for.

Eventually this will destroy many people's ability to enjoy the game even remotely.

2 minutes ago, Sativa420 said:

I agree with the initial post 100% I too heard all of those things on ALL the maps we play on, Island, rag( always rag) ext and AB. We had nightly server outages on 341.

My sister and I already have genesis, I too want new contend and I'm a bit of a pessimist when it comes to what WC may and may not fix.

At this point it feels like a cash grab with no thought to the current population and the content they already have gotten money for.

Eventually this will destroy many people's ability to enjoy the game even remotely.

Im still waiting for a community crunch update myself to see what they will say. 

27 minutes ago, Xxtheclashxx said:

Im still waiting for a community crunch update myself to see what they will say. 

They cancelled the Community Crunch this week.  And how are there no trailers or gameplay videos yet to hype this new DLC?  Not a good sign in my opinion.  I didn't even buy Genesis and I'm still nervous about what this update will break...

17 minutes ago, PertySlick said:

They cancelled the Community Crunch this week.  And how are there no trailers or gameplay videos yet to hype this new DLC?  Not a good sign in my opinion.  I didn't even buy Genesis and I'm still nervous about what this update will break...

That would make sense. I was about to be like in my head "ooo maybe they saw this post". 

But nope. 

Bonjour,

je suis entièrement d'accord, je viens également de tous perdre après un transfert de perso de Scortchead sur Valguero en officiel, impossible de retrouver mon perso, 2 tickets envoyer, une réponse automatique généré par "IA"...lol. je suis dégoûté, des mois passé a jouer, j'ai tous  perdus en l'espace de 2 minutes. y'a que sur ARK que l'on a ce problème, pour ce que je sais. je pense qu'il vont me rendre mon perso level 99, mais qu'ils vont d'abord attendre 7 à 8 jours afin que tous mes dinos meurent ou que me base se détruise. C'est ce que j'ai remarqué, cela doit leur permettre d'alléger les map. Et malheureusement on continu a joué, pars que ce jeu est super. ce qu'ils n'ont pas compris c'est que si il ne prennent pas soin des clients que nous sommes, les clients vont finir par tous partir et à tous leur faire une mauvaise publicité sur le Web et WC en subira les conséquences a long terme. WC vous n'êtes pas sérieux. WC nous adorons ce jeux, prenez soin de nous, et nous vous le rendrons, vous avez tout a gagner a ce que vos client vous fassent de la bonne PUB ou inversement. Mais j'ai l'impression malheureusement de parler dans le vide, encore en ce moment. Merci

23 hours ago, Mavrick88 said:

Example:

Example.png

This literally happened as I was typing my last reply. Was online, had a bunch of drake eggs hatch. All was good. I was taking care of getting the babies together. Then the server crashed, no joke, for the 10th time today. No idea when it's coming back up. So I go do something else. I come back, log in. My eggs hatched AGAIN because there was a roll back due to a server crash. But I was offline because of the server crash. So there was no render when they hatched. They all got stuck in my AC units. They can fix that. It's just code. It's been going on forever. Now had I forgotten about them, my fault totally. Well actually they still shouldn't be in the ACs, but still, my fault for not timing it you can say. But the crash caused a roll back, I come back to that. How is that not annoying when that COULD be fixed? I'm not even mad because I'm used to it and that's just sad that players get used to that. Just proving a point and that's just ONE issue they need to fix.

Issue from how stasis on game server works with client sync. Not a simple thing to fix unless you want even worse server performance. Compromises need to be done.

1 hour ago, Castlerock said:
3 hours ago, Luewen said:
That can be fixed by clever building. Ac’s under floor, walkable space between. Ac above roof for small dinos. Voila.

Do they hatch in foundations also while unrendered?

Yes.  I solved this problem by building an "Incubation" room where a 3x3 empty space exists in the middle surrounded by AC units on 3 sides.  This way if I'm not in the area when they hatch, they will still be accessible as they won't fall through the ground.

6 hours ago, PertySlick said:

Yes.  I solved this problem by building an "Incubation" room where a 3x3 empty space exists in the middle surrounded by AC units on 3 sides.  This way if I'm not in the area when they hatch, they will still be accessible as they won't fall through the ground.

I never build air conditioners on anything other than stone foundations. I've had babies fall through ceilings including myself and can't even open the menu. I've had to have tribe mates in the past demo them so i could get out. 

I try to always build in ways where I won't or shouldn't ever get stuck. I like my base big with lots of room. 

On 2/17/2020 at 3:52 PM, Mavrick88 said:

This is horrible management and it makes no sense at all. As I said WC is a huge company. A game should not run this badly. I have never played a game where there are 30 seconds to 1 minute delays every 15 minutes!! What is that all about? Incremental backups are really not that hard to setup (I've done it myself with Terabytes and Terabytes of data) and should not even be noticed during gameplay. Many super successful games have no problem with this.

I'm no expert on servers or networking but when you consider how much data needs to be saved for every single player, sure this will increase the amount of time needed.

Stop creating new content and fix what you already have. WC owes it to the players to fix what they have already made. It's really sad in all honesty to see what players are saying in global chat on random official servers. You can go to any random official server on the game and see what people are saying and it's ALL the same. During this Love Is In The Air event, all I saw is stuff like "OMG all my dinos are podded again", "I just transferred back and lost my character", "I gave imprints for 20 minutes and now I have to come back and do them again", "I came on earlier for imprints, server rolled back, imprints were never done and I didn't know cause I went to work, came to do next imprints only to realize previous imprints didn't go through!!", "I was flying back home and crashed, when the game came back up, I was dead, can't find body, dino died, I lost everything I had on me!" It's bad. I mean really bad!

I'm with you and people have been saying this since early access but unfortunately based on the revenue model WC has chosen to base the game on (Paid DLC only) bug fixing doesn't keep the lights on, only new paid content does. 

If every single team at WC would be dedicated to fixing bugs 24/7, they would go bankrupt.

Anyone that plays on Official is going through this. We all take it, complain for 10 minutes and then go on with our gameplay. What do we do? Quit? Nope, no one is really going to quit unless they are new and haven't had an established setup with tons of dinos. I'm not going to quit. I love this game! It's fun, challenging at times, the events are neat (when they aren't crashing every 30 minutes), and I really do like the whole community of the game and ideas people come up with.

That's why they owe us fixes. That's why they need to fix things! The loyal long term players deserve this including new people if you want to keep them playing too! Come on WC, read what the people want. Please take care of your amazing community!

Sure bugs get fixed eventually only to be broken again later with another patch down the line. This is normal with a game as complex as ARK is. Regardless the dev team is always working on issues in the game. Some are just harder to fix than others and require a lot more time that maybe the budget doesn't allow. Doesn't make it right but it is to be expected.

There are some core issues that need a complete overhaul. Things like meshing (only became a priority recently), character loss, glitching through mesh into space, random mana lag out of map, server stability, etc. among many other things. 

Archived