What WC Really needs to do

Mavrick88

What WC Really needs to do

Ok, first I'll start by saying this isn't a rant, I'm not ticked because I personally have lost items, characters, dinos that I've spent a lot of time on. This is for EVERYONE playing Ark. WC needs to read concerns of people playing the game. I highly doubt they'll even read this and they'll never attempt to reply to something like this either. But whatever, at least we can try! We are the community playing the game. We should have a voice!

Ark is barely playable anymore. Especially during events. These issues should not be happening. I mean, server prices have dropped drastically. Ram, hard drives, and networking equipment are getting so very cheap. WC is a huge company with many smart people. They DO have great developers, despite what some may think based on how their servers run. Based on how their servers run, one would honestly think they have a barn with mice in little wheels creating power and when they get tired, servers start going down. That's what it sure feels like.

This is horrible management and it makes no sense at all. As I said WC is a huge company. A game should not run this badly. I have never played a game where there are 30 seconds to 1 minute delays every 15 minutes!! What is that all about? Incremental backups are really not that hard to setup (I've done it myself with Terabytes and Terabytes of data) and should not even be noticed during gameplay. Many super successful games have no problem with this.

Stop creating new content and fix what you already have. WC owes it to the players to fix what they have already made. It's really sad in all honesty to see what players are saying in global chat on random official servers. You can go to any random official server on the game and see what people are saying and it's ALL the same. During this Love Is In The Air event, all I saw is stuff like "OMG all my dinos are podded again", "I just transferred back and lost my character", "I gave imprints for 20 minutes and now I have to come back and do them again", "I came on earlier for imprints, server rolled back, imprints were never done and I didn't know cause I went to work, came to do next imprints only to realize previous imprints didn't go through!!", "I was flying back home and crashed, when the game came back up, I was dead, can't find body, dino died, I lost everything I had on me!" It's bad. I mean really bad!

Anyone that plays on Official is going through this. We all take it, complain for 10 minutes and then go on with our gameplay. What do we do? Quit? Nope, no one is really going to quit unless they are new and haven't had an established setup with tons of dinos. I'm not going to quit. I love this game! It's fun, challenging at times, the events are neat (when they aren't crashing every 30 minutes), and I really do like the whole community of the game and ideas people come up with.

That's why they owe us fixes. That's why they need to fix things! The loyal long term players deserve this including new people if you want to keep them playing too! Come on WC, read what the people want. Please take care of your amazing community!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally agree with this. Fix it first and stop adding content to skim over the player issues. This really needed and needs to be said. Anytime I've tried to do anything like this i always get... 

"if you don't like it don't play it" 

Ive been a pre release player since 2016.

Its never been this bad. 

Just now, Xxtheclashxx said:

I totally agree with this. Fix it first and stop adding content to skim over the player issues. This really needed and needs to be said. Anytime I've tried to do anything like this i always get... 

"if you don't like it don't play it" 

Ive been a pre release player since 2016.

Its never been this bad. 

I dunno about your experiences  in alpha\beta stage in this game lol but I remember  very well loll 30+ hour rollbacks lag horrible game mechanics lol the list could go on 4ever lol.  The game at is very playable. ...yes official  stinks lol  I feel for you guys that left legacy for this poop  called official  :(

10 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

I dunno about your experiences  in alpha\beta stage in this game lol but I remember  very well loll 30+ hour rollbacks lag horrible game mechanics lol the list could go on 4ever lol.  The game at is very playable. ...yes official  stinks lol  I feel for you guys that left legacy for this poop  called official  :(

I remember the rollback that was like 2 or 3 days. They only announced it on Twitter on top of it. 

I just love when people say they speak for everyone and they couldn't be more wrong, we literally had a post like this a week or two back and you will find it was a 50/50 on wanting new content or fixes. So no they shouldn't stop making new content at all and well im enjoying the event and hope it runs while genesis comes out.

So you want new content with the same/more bugs? Or fixes then new content with the fixes and less bugs till they work out new content bugs and it's running better too? Then they move on and make more new content. I mean......come on.

Also, you are putting words in my mouth. I didn't say I spoke for you or anyone actually. Read it again. I said this is FOR everyone playing Ark. I didn't at all say I'm speaking for everyone nor did I say I'm representing anyone whatsoever.

Very good write up Mav. I agree with it all. As for new content, I'd say if a person plays on unofficial with little to no lag or crashes then they'd want the new content to keep game interesting. However, I think it's safe to say most on official want fixes first at this point, mainly to the servers. Still puzzled why they just don't bite the bullet and upgrade servers. It's not like they're going to stop making games that could utilize them in the future.

Yep I totally agree Griff. Not playing on official servers, I can see why they want new content 100% but it should also be working correctly. Also official servers are called official for a reason. Those represent the main core of the game. Hence "official" and those should be kept up with just as much as creating new content for the game that's NOT broken already. Create content when you don't have crappy things going on that are obviously bad and getting lots and lots of complaints. Fixing the hardware is so cheap over time compared to what they are paying their service personnel to take care of ticked off people. They don't even really have the power to help out much anyway. They are really just an answering service to come say "I'm sorry" in person. Granted they have restored xp for me on characters a few times and that's a HUGE help. I do find their service fairly fast and I appreciate that a lot. They should have more power though than they do and that's something they can't help themselves so I don't get mad ever at them when they "can't" do something like replace a simple set of armor cause you lost it to a bug. Or replace a dino that you took your time to breed and raise. They need more power to make more people happy for sure.

Why would it even be necessarily have to stop producing new content to stabilize the game? Those are two different teams. The people are on the different teams because they have different skill sets. Idk if some people are imagining they can just consolidate every programmer into one team, or if they want wild card to fire a bunch of people and permanently halt the development of new content and reroute that money to the stabilization. I feel like this would be a dire mistake and probably kill ark in the long run.

2 minutes ago, Luewen said:

And new content team fixes bugs right? No wait! You ppl realize that there ismore than one team doing things at same time.

Of course there is! There are testers, developers, support, ect, ect. They are not being managed properly, IMO. You release new content before even making fixes to the stuff that's been broken for YEARS? Why? Gain more customers to piss off because you can't manage it correctly? That's not good practice. Not for anyone.

What if your TV, the latest greatest TV ever, couldn't show the color red,  no returns no matter what? But you liked the show that came on so you tolerated it because other TVs can't play that specific show. You paid $3,000 for it, price doesn't matter, you are a customer no matter the price. Let's say they came out with a 4D update for that TV, new content, amazing!! But it still doesn't show the color red. They took the time to create 4D content update for your TV, but couldn't fix the fact it doesn't show red. How does that make you feel? Go get another brand TV, right? Screw the show. Of course. That's what's slowly going to happen as people start to NOT tolerate poorly managed fixes and help when they are begging for it.

9 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Why would it even be necessarily have to stop producing new content to stabilize the game? Those are two different teams. The people are on the different teams because they have different skill sets. Idk if some people are imagining they can just consolidate every programmer into one team, or if they want wild card to fire a bunch of people and permanently halt the development of new content and reroute that money to the stabilization. I feel like this would be a dire mistake and probably kill ark in the long run.

I don't think they have to 100% halt new content. But manage the teams better. There are MAJOR things they don't fix. Not just little bugs, but pretty major things. Like, um, being able to play for more than an hour without crashing during an event and then have a 15-20 minute roll back? That's pretty big. It's going to happen on ANY server eventually if they don't fix how backups are made. Fix big things WHILE creating new content would be great! But they don't do that. That's the issue.

And another thing, I've heard a lot of people accusing them of using laptops as servers, well those would have to be some pretty fancy laptops cause I've tried running ark from a few different laptop servers and even the one I considered a nice laptop barely functioned once one person logged in. Idk how tight the budget is around there, but when for example they talk about adding new server clusters or closing old legacy, they repeatedly stated that we should consider them to have a fixed number of servers. So their budget for server upgrading is probably zero. I'm just hoping there is some way they can optimize things so the existing setup begins to function acceptably. You say they mismanage their teams but you have no idea me thinks. But don't get me wrong, as I said in another post, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I fully support you and me whining about it in the forums, and hope they do something to grease us lol.

Example:

Example.png

This literally happened as I was typing my last reply. Was online, had a bunch of drake eggs hatch. All was good. I was taking care of getting the babies together. Then the server crashed, no joke, for the 10th time today. No idea when it's coming back up. So I go do something else. I come back, log in. My eggs hatched AGAIN because there was a roll back due to a server crash. But I was offline because of the server crash. So there was no render when they hatched. They all got stuck in my AC units. They can fix that. It's just code. It's been going on forever. Now had I forgotten about them, my fault totally. Well actually they still shouldn't be in the ACs, but still, my fault for not timing it you can say. But the crash caused a roll back, I come back to that. How is that not annoying when that COULD be fixed? I'm not even mad because I'm used to it and that's just sad that players get used to that. Just proving a point and that's just ONE issue they need to fix.

9 minutes ago, Mavrick88 said:

Example:

Example.png

This literally happened as I was typing my last reply. Was online, had a bunch of drake eggs hatch. All was good. I was taking care of getting the babies together. Then the server crashed, no joke, for the 10th time today. No idea when it's coming back up. So I go do something else. I come back, log in. My eggs hatched AGAIN because there was a roll back due to a server crash. But I was offline because of the server crash. So there was no render when they hatched. They all got stuck in my AC units. They can fix that. It's just code. It's been going on forever. Now had I forgotten about them, my fault totally. Well actually they still shouldn't be in the ACs, but still, my fault for not timing it you can say. But the crash caused a roll back, I come back to that. How is that not annoying when that COULD be fixed? I'm not even mad because I'm used to it and that's just sad that players get used to that. Just proving a point and that's just ONE issue they need to fix.

if u have a karkinos u can grab them out 

Archived