Foundations, make it bigger (feedback) + illustration

EternalUniverse

Suggestion

Foundations, make it bigger (feedback) + illustration

Dear WC,

I do not understand why you haven't thought or used this option for Ark. Conan exiles has these foundations where they will snap on other foundations even if they are too high. This is not the case with Ark, foundation too high? well, too bad for you.. use pillars, ceilings and walls. This is a problem since we have to keep adding and adding and our base still looks like crap and is not the way we want it.

Could you look into these with your designing team to make foundation bigger? Ark has many ground levels and the foundation is unusable most of the time. (thought you'd know this since you guys made the game).

The option to redesigning the foundations and code it so it gets bigger the higher your foundation is the better for the game? (also if your big foundation is used but is coming slightly off the ground, make it so we can snap another foundation below it so we can keep building outwards!) Less pillars, walls, ceilings used and this will get rid of thousands of unnecessary structures to help deal with the 'lag' or when approaching a big base to reduce stutter.

I hope that atleast 1 of you WC devs or moderators can answer this or maybe even pass this to WC themselves.

Thank you!

Conan_Exiles_sandstone_foundation.jpg

1 reply to this server topic

If I remember correctly there was a mod that had stackable foundations that may or may not suit your purposes. I believe it was the S+ mod that the Homestead Update from last January was based on. (it was a while ago and this was not one of the features they decided to include)

If the ground level was bumpy or if the slope was too much, you would just stack one foundation on top of another so that you could create a flat surface area. Once of the best parts features as that it was easy to get a nice, even floor to build upon without hunting down terrain you liked. They were also a bit more flexible than the current foundations, sometimes appearing taller than standard in order to connect to the previous foundation if the ground sloped. So you wouldn't always need to stack your foundations. 

They included them by default into the Atlas building set up, which is the first place I have gotten a chance to use them as a console player and they are awesome. 

The only downside when compared to your idea is that it would still take additional pieces to build to the height you are looking for, but perhaps not as many as pillars and ceilings depending on the area. Which is why I hope your idea, if not the stackable foundations, someday makes it way into ark as a standard. 

Archived