Server Crashes on PC Ragnarok PVE 382

Server Crashes on PC Ragnarok PVE 382

Throughout this his whole event 382 has been down almost more than it's been up! I love these events but the frustration of constant server outages and massive lag take away from enjoying the game, and being able to take part in the event. Why spend resources trying to tame something when you can't be sure the server won't be down any minute for hours? Why hatch those eggs when you can't be sure you'll be there to feed and imprint them? Why should people play a game that causes frustration, angst and anxiety? This is the kind of thing that creates a bad reputation for WC and causes people to flee the game for something more stable and playable....

• Like 1

I agree with this posting. The server down time today has been the worst as well. Been waiting over an hour for the server to come back online, and will have to go to work while the eggs that i had out are going to hatch when it does come back online. The servers need to be fixed, doesn't Wildcard make enough money off of ARK, and Atlas to have better hardware? Furthermore you can expect no payment from me for Genesis until  current server issues are fixed. 

Edited by trumpeterdj23

The crashes have been consistent every day this event: usually sometime between 10:30-11 am and again 10:30-11pm with intermittent server DCs throughout the day. During the two at the 11's the server has been down for upwards to 4 hours with an inevitable rollback of at least 15=30 minutes. For those of us in small tribes this has made the event a big hassle, both for taming and breeding purposes. I had hoped to breed and tame a few animals, but with the constant interruptions I have been unable to finish any of the babies I was hoping to raise, and lost a few of the animals I was taming due to the the rollbacks and DC's.

As a previous poster stated, this is unacceptable and very unprofessional on the part of Wild Card. A game that has been around for as long as this one has, and that went through such an extended Beta test (aka Early Access), shouldn't have this multitude of issues. 

At the very least we should get an extension to the event to make up for the time lost to the constant DC's 

Edited by catnip
  • Like 1

Longtime player, multiple servers and even from my perspective the events are tortuous.  I hung on through Ab 380 being at 155 ping each weekend and rockdrakes unflyable and trikes unusable because of it...It got better. I guess I keep hoping for improvement on Rag as well but with friends departing the server and leaving the game over these crashes and losing toons I am losing faith. The silence on behalf of Wildcard has been deafening.