Failed to tame a Basilosaurus

Almultimavenger

Failed to tame a Basilosaurus

The other day my Ichthyosaurus got killed by a swarm of Mantas and Megalodon so I tried to tame a different water scout. I found a Basilosaurus and started feeding her raw meat passively while mounted on my Sarcosuchus. It was going perfectly fine. I avoided the usual Megalodons and Mantas long enough and had plenty of meat in my Sarco's inventory to keep her from exhaustion. Then when I got to 97%, the whale's tame status dropped unexpectedly. I have no idea how and gave up after it went all the way down to 23%. Can anyone tell me how this happened and if there is a more effective way to tame?

Additionally, the Liopleurodon was my first choice until I found out about the 30 minute countdown but I'm not sure if it applies to mobile. If anyone knows about this and can confirm I would appreciate it.  

I had problems with basilo taming as well. The taming bar dropped so fast, I wasn't able to feed against it. Fortunately, I trapped a basilo in herbivore island bay and was able to start again. 

The second time I started with a few prime fish meat and then it was not a problem to tame the rest with fish meat. 

It has to do with its hunger drop rate. If hunger begins to drop faster than it increases from taming food, you will see this happen. It normally happens from using the lowest possible taming food. Try starting with prime meat or kibble. 

The liopleurodon functions exactly the same on Mobile as on PC and is 100% useless. The “Feeling Lucky” buff does absolutely nothing in the Mobile game. 

NOTE: feeding a basilo automatically aggros any mantas following it. 

3 hours ago, nintendogamer7 said:

It has to do with its hunger drop rate. If hunger begins to drop faster than it increases from taming food, you will see this happen. It normally happens from using the lowest possible taming food. Try starting with prime meat or kibble. 

The liopleurodon functions exactly the same on Mobile as on PC and is 100% useless. The “Feeling Lucky” buff does absolutely nothing in the Mobile game. 

NOTE: feeding a basilo automatically aggros any mantas following it. 

Thanks, I actually managed to tame a male Basilosaurus in the second attempt and got it. It's super slow but still powerful. I really hope the game creators change the 30 minute limit, Liopleurodon is my favorite marine reptile.

Archived