Tek Engrams on Extinction

Rintrahhh

"Tek blueprints can be acquired in OSDs; this is the only way to get quality Tek equipment, or to acquire Tek engrams via blueprints without the need to kill bosses."

I read this on the Ark Gamepedia for the Extinction osd's. I got a good Tek Chestpiece/jetpack from a red osd and crafted it but I get the message, must unlock tek engram to equip. I've got most of the tek engrams unlocked from doing boss fights on The Island but I haven't yet done the Alpha Dragon to unlock that chestpiece engram.

However, I'm confused about that statement on the Ark Gamepedia. How do you unlock the tek engram with just the blueprints without doing the boss fights?

46 minutes ago, Rintrahhh said:

"Tek blueprints can be acquired in OSDs; this is the only way to get quality Tek equipment, or to acquire Tek engrams via blueprints without the need to kill bosses."

I read this on the Ark Gamepedia for the Extinction osd's. I got a good Tek Chestpiece/jetpack from a red osd and crafted it but I get the message, must unlock tek engram to equip. I've got most of the tek engrams unlocked from doing boss fights on The Island but I haven't yet done the Alpha Dragon to unlock that chestpiece engram.

However, I'm confused about that statement on the Ark Gamepedia. How do you unlock the tek engram with just the blueprints without doing the boss fights?

You can get it by killing the ice titan on extinction. That's still considered a boss to me, but I guess the statement is still kinda true. 

Tek Engrams on Extinction "Tek blueprints can be acquired in OSDs; this is the only way to get quality Tek equipment, or to acquire Tek engrams via blueprints without the need to kill bosses."
U still need the engram unlocked in order to equip and use it. The bp only allows u to craft higher quality ones.

45 minutes ago, Castlerock said:

U still need the engram unlocked in order to equip and use it. The bp only allows u to craft higher quality ones.

Ok, that's what I figured. It was just confusing how it says you can acquire tek engrams via blueprints without the need to kill bosses. It should just say you can acquire higher level tek blueprints.

Archived