Windows 10 Non-Dedicated Tether Distance Increase Ini command?

Windows 10 Non-Dedicated Tether Distance Increase Ini command?

So, i know we can't increase the tether distance on xbox anymore, but can it be done by editing the game files on pc? I run a dedicated on PC for my friends on xbox with max level 300 dinos and stacks and such, so i know a little about changing the files. Hoping there was something for tether distance on non dedicated. The purpose of this is to be able to transfer from ark to ark with my friends without having to rent servers. I know that everyone will have to transfer all at once, but im fine with that. But the tether distance is just dumb. 

I hate to be the one to tell you but no it cannot be done. In fact due to the windows 10 version just being the xbox version played via emulator any changes to the ini files would make it incompatible with crossplay. Unfortunately you will have to deal with the tether, only play one map at a time, rent a couple servers or find an unofficial with rates/stats that you and your friends enjoy.

• 9 months later...

I haven't tested it but I believe this is wrong. in the GameUserSettings.ini you can adjust ListenServerTetherDistanceMultiplier=1.000000, I will reply again once I've tested this to see if it works.

file is located: C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Local\Packages\StudioWildcard.4558480580BB9_1w2mm55455e38\LocalState\Saved\UWPConfig\UWP

Edit: so far I've only tested it with an extreme value but will continue to try with smaller increments, if a smaller value works I'll report it. any increase past the ridiculously small 600m range is a plus

On 11/19/2020 at 7:50 AM, Erilon11 said:

I haven't tested it but I believe this is wrong. in the GameUserSettings.ini you can adjust ListenServerTetherDistanceMultiplier=1.000000, I will reply again once I've tested this to see if it works.

file is located: C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Local\Packages\StudioWildcard.4558480580BB9_1w2mm55455e38\LocalState\Saved\UWPConfig\UWP

Edit: so far I've only tested it with an extreme value but will continue to try with smaller increments, if a smaller value works I'll report it. any increase past the ridiculously small 600m range is a plus

Any updates? Does changing this even slightly change the distance?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2020 at 3:57 AM, mduncan910 said:

Any updates? Does changing this even slightly change the distance?

I tried it and no, it doesnt.... Hosting non-dedicated on PC (i9 10900KF, 64GB Memory) and joining from XBOX Series X. Max Distance to host on PC is 420 Meters, no matter what number I change this value to. Series X Update stated that tether distance limit will be removed, but it's still there, it's still annoying, and still cannot understand why they don't bring the slider for the distance limit back, since my PC has more than enough power to run a server where players can be on different sides of the map...

Archived