Increase giga spawn rate on Singleplayer

Gubray

Increase giga spawn rate on Singleplayer

Hey guys!

If this issue has already been solved i´d be very thankful for the link to where it has been solved. I have the following problem: On my singleplayer Ragnarok world are no gigas. There were a few low levels at the start which i killed but now after days of waiting and multiple Dino Wipes there just is not a single one. I know that they´re supposed to be rare but there is not even one. Therefor my question is: How do i increase the amount of gigas which spawn in my singleplayer ragnarok world? Or at least get any. 

Thank you dear fellow survivors :) 

13 minutes ago, PertySlick said:

When I was playing Ragnarok single player I remember there were too many Giga spawns. Haha!  Specifically there would always be a Giga a bit north of the green obelisk right next to the lake at the base of the mountain cliff before you hit the mountains and canyons area.

I wish!  :) 

"Im just going on experience here not actual evidence but it feels like to me that things like gigas spawn later after a dino wipe"

You're correct. Gigas, Tusos, Unicorns, Titanasaurs all take a while longer after a dino wipe. It can be pretty instant at times, but mostly not. I dino wiped my server a couple of hours ago to put the valentines event on. Looking at an S+ transmitter now and there are no gigas as yet.

Give it time OP and just keep searching. Plains next to green ob, redwood next to green ob, Scotland, and the desert.

If you've got S+ you could always spawn a transmitter in, just to dino scan and make sure they definitely are spawning in.

On 2/16/2020 at 4:13 PM, Gubray said:

Oh sorry should´ve included that right away. I am playing on PC 

On 2/16/2020 at 7:09 PM, DaveH said:

If you've got S+ you could always spawn a transmitter in, just to dino scan and make sure they definitely are spawning in.

On PC there's also an external program called Larkator (Locator, ARK, badum-tsssh :D ) that reads your savefile and tells you where all the dinos are. I believe it works pretty much the same as the transmitter, but you don't need S+: however you need an external program. Pick your poison :P 

I used Larkator a bit to try to understand how unicorn spawns worked and whether they spawned in if I had my tame unicorns out or not and also for finding the DodoRex during the Halloween event since I went a really long time without being able to find it. It worked perfectly!

Archived