Seriously..

I'm honestly trying to find the point in playing the game - or even taking it  seriously - at this point. It seems damnear impossible nowadays with given reasoning.

A dev team that barely communicates anything except to tell people that more content is being stuffed into a broken, struggling carcass of a game with a pissed off fanbase.

Players are losing items without any type of compensation for work in a game that literally wants to steal your life via time away, giving them a sense of turmoil and hopelessness so they duplicate items to give themselves their own sort of insurance for this problem since the admins are told by the dev teams to refuse any compensation. This is a two-sided coin however, considering the same method used by dupers given the holes in the game were used by malicious means for the unskilled garbage to assault those who they could otherwise find impossible to touch due to their own lack of prowess.

Punishing everyone with an anti-meshing system in a game with collision detection equally as raggedy as 1/4th a single sheets thickness of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil against a 4lb thrown hatchet means that everything is going to glitch into the abyss and be destroyed at any given point, randomly. 

With a dev team that refuses to correct this sloppy, incompetent disaster, the players continue to not only combat the constantly random rollbacks and other glitch-born, tame killing issues, but now they must find 'some' sort of means in which to just get by, knowing full well that they'll just be told "Lol sorry, sucks to be you!" by some of their fellow playerbase, and then even "we can't help you, but keep up the good work fellow survivor!" by the dev team's ever trusty and prompt-to-close-tickets-without-any-real-solution subordinates.

If players are top afraid to even leave their server or actually even leave their own base for fear of just falling through the map now and losing everything...then whats even the point of continuing..?

I honestly don't even want to do anything but the bare minimals to ensure that nothing is dead, but even pokeballing everything won't ensure safety as we've had things even starve to death in those as well. And yes we were told the same thing as stated above when a ticket was submitted.

So throwing more money at them is a suggestion? Thats a negative; if someone is paid for a newer DLC only to find is just as broken - in this case evem moreso from what I've been reading - then how in the eight gates of hell is throwing even more money going to sol e the problem when there is literal evidence pointing to the fact that there is a content-over-quality mindset in play? 

If it didn't help it before by getting the opposite result then how will it help in the future? The numbers add up to compounding annoyances. 

No stability. No insurance allowed. No support for lack of insurance, time wasted as a result. No support to ensure that insurance/cheating isn't necessary, only more cause for a desire for insurance. Absolute refusal of overall stability over excess content.

Hell, they don't even want you to thrive well enough to the point where of you are given a powerful weapon from a friend to make up for your losses that happened because you randomly fell through the ground, thrn proceed to head back to your home server, then that weapon is degraded in both damage and durability. How? They implemented crafting sbility for this. So..?  A trollish mindset I believe.

So as it stands, I'd just love to know.

Whats the point?

Why spend any more time doing anything if its inevitably disappointing to lose everything that didn't involve you being bested by the elements and/or players respectively?

Where is the point..?

First let me say I really do enjoy playing the game, that being said it absolutely sucks to play right now. My main base is on Island, official server with a great bunch of players. The lag has gotten so bad the game does not function. Putting in tickets is no help, I report the server outages every night when they happen.  I lost ownership of my tribe 3 weeks back, had to take off work to meet with a GM 2 weeks later. Lost a portion of my base and a large number of fully imprinted dinos. If it was not for my sons account I would have lost everything. Players spend hundreds of hours on this game to build and breed  and when it is all lost to some random glitch or exploit of the game WC could care less. I personally will never spend another dime on a game made by Wild Card. 

I tamed a horse. I died to the cold. *Poof* the horse disappeared. No death notice, or tribe log. So what. 

I can see how much more frustrating this would be if I was on a Giga. Or I guess a Mana has a bug. 

I just move on to other things though, and try to be as optimistic as possible. It's just a game. If it hurts that bad don't do that. 

5 hours ago, Masurao said:

Seriously..

I'm honestly trying to find the point in playing the game - or even taking it  seriously - at this point. It seems damnear impossible nowadays with given reasoning.

A dev team that barely communicates anything except to tell people that more content is being stuffed into a broken, struggling carcass of a game with a pissed off fanbase.

Players are losing items without any type of compensation for work in a game that literally wants to steal your life via time away, giving them a sense of turmoil and hopelessness so they duplicate items to give themselves their own sort of insurance for this problem since the admins are told by the dev teams to refuse any compensation. This is a two-sided coin however, considering the same method used by dupers given the holes in the game were used by malicious means for the unskilled garbage to assault those who they could otherwise find impossible to touch due to their own lack of prowess.

Punishing everyone with an anti-meshing system in a game with collision detection equally as raggedy as 1/4th a single sheets thickness of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil against a 4lb thrown hatchet means that everything is going to glitch into the abyss and be destroyed at any given point, randomly. 

With a dev team that refuses to correct this sloppy, incompetent disaster, the players continue to not only combat the constantly random rollbacks and other glitch-born, tame killing issues, but now they must find 'some' sort of means in which to just get by, knowing full well that they'll just be told "Lol sorry, sucks to be you!" by some of their fellow playerbase, and then even "we can't help you, but keep up the good work fellow survivor!" by the dev team's ever trusty and prompt-to-close-tickets-without-any-real-solution subordinates.

If players are top afraid to even leave their server or actually even leave their own base for fear of just falling through the map now and losing everything...then whats even the point of continuing..?

I honestly don't even want to do anything but the bare minimals to ensure that nothing is dead, but even pokeballing everything won't ensure safety as we've had things even starve to death in those as well. And yes we were told the same thing as stated above when a ticket was submitted.

So throwing more money at them is a suggestion? Thats a negative; if someone is paid for a newer DLC only to find is just as broken - in this case evem moreso from what I've been reading - then how in the eight gates of hell is throwing even more money going to sol e the problem when there is literal evidence pointing to the fact that there is a content-over-quality mindset in play? 

If it didn't help it before by getting the opposite result then how will it help in the future? The numbers add up to compounding annoyances. 

No stability. No insurance allowed. No support for lack of insurance, time wasted as a result. No support to ensure that insurance/cheating isn't necessary, only more cause for a desire for insurance. Absolute refusal of overall stability over excess content.

Hell, they don't even want you to thrive well enough to the point where of you are given a powerful weapon from a friend to make up for your losses that happened because you randomly fell through the ground, thrn proceed to head back to your home server, then that weapon is degraded in both damage and durability. How? They implemented crafting sbility for this. So..?  A trollish mindset I believe.

So as it stands, I'd just love to know.

Whats the point?

Why spend any more time doing anything if its inevitably disappointing to lose everything that didn't involve you being bested by the elements and/or players respectively?

Where is the point..?

cant let the little things bother u... every game has issues lol the enjoyable time out weighs the negative 100% ive been playing almost 14k hrs and enjoy every moment I am playing legacy so.. been long time since we seen support :D if ur poop dies get more poop...if ur servers are laggy move to a cleaner server ..if u get meshed build differently. all weapons have a damage/dura cap   armor/dura cap aswel ...its survival ..survive .adapt and overcome these obstacles .and realize when u log in ur logging into a open world full of death/bugs/pain and suffering ….and enjoy ;)

22 hours ago, STEVEC said:

First let me say I really do enjoy playing the game, that being said it absolutely sucks to play right now. My main base is on Island, official server with a great bunch of players. The lag has gotten so bad the game does not function. Putting in tickets is no help, I report the server outages every night when they happen.  I lost ownership of my tribe 3 weeks back, had to take off work to meet with a GM 2 weeks later. Lost a portion of my base and a large number of fully imprinted dinos. If it was not for my sons account I would have lost everything. Players spend hundreds of hours on this game to build and breed  and when it is all lost to some random glitch or exploit of the game WC could care less. I personally will never spend another dime on a game made by Wild Card. 

Its the reason I won't either, nor will I purchase glitchy, buggy DLC. I know my abstinence won't matter, but hey its my money and my statement. I'd fork over so much if the game actually worked properly, but hey they have so many others not giving a crap so it matters not - they'll get paid.

18 hours ago, FraggleRock said:

I tamed a horse. I died to the cold. *Poof* the horse disappeared. No death notice, or tribe log. So what. 

I can see how much more frustrating this would be if I was on a Giga. Or I guess a Mana has a bug. 

I just move on to other things though, and try to be as optimistic as possible. It's just a game. If it hurts that bad don't do that. 

Truth. Its why I'm only doing the bare minimal to keep structures and tames alive. I do that and go play another game typically as I wait for any temporary halt in the reoccurring stream of BS.

The one time in a while I try to have fun on the new Deino I get sucked under the floor and everything lost.

In fact, just after posting this thread, I get word that a sabertooth has spawned inside our small, sealed off sleeping quarters and killed me while I was off.

Odd coincidence... 'Very' odd...

17 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

cant let the little things bother u... every game has issues lol the enjoyable time out weighs the negative 100% ive been playing almost 14k hrs and enjoy every moment I am playing legacy so.. been long time since we seen support :D if ur poop dies get more poop...if ur servers are laggy move to a cleaner server ..if u get meshed build differently. all weapons have a damage/dura cap   armor/dura cap aswel ...its survival ..survive .adapt and overcome these obstacles .and realize when u log in ur logging into a open world full of death/bugs/pain and suffering ….and enjoy ;)

I feel like it isn't always that simple, but if you pack light that'd...work....albeit  not really surviving the game so much as you're just dealing with how brolen it gets. I see your optimism though!

15 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

@rhymingreasonomg your server is total poop, no wonder all the asians go to EU and NA servers if their own servers are like this...

Thing is the server outage reports are done through Google Docs - which can't open in China without a VPN.

So when the Asian servers go down - and as you can see, they're atrocious - WC are met with relative silence on the issue.

Archived