wizeone

why has val556 crashed everyday since the event started at 7pst

I think the issue is across all NA and EU servers. Most Island/Ragna/Valg and Extinction servers crash multiple times a day or at least once....

Some people told me that ARK has run smoothly back in the day with constant 70 players on their servers, did they downgrade the servers?

16 hours ago, Fukushu said:

I think the issue is across all NA and EU servers. Most Island/Ragna/Valg and Extinction servers crash multiple times a day or at least once....

Some people told me that ARK has run smoothly back in the day with constant 70 players on their servers, did they downgrade the servers?

Any server will run better with half less stuff on them. Bases are only getting bigger and bigger and more numerous. So of course performance takes nosedive. Then there are those ppl that refuse to cryopod their dinos and have then all out in the open without breeding or using them.

Edited by Luewen

@LuewenI remember that our Ragnarok server was very lag free before April last year. We had a max 100-120ping and avarage around 60-80 over the day...

Now the avarage over the day is around 200-255 and the max ping is probably far over 255. They must have done something with the servers. I would have never started playing on Ragnarok last year if it would have been this laggy from the beginning!

Edited by Fukushu

17 hours ago, Fukushu said:

@LuewenI remember that our Ragnarok server was very lag free before April last year. We had a max 100-120ping and avarage around 60-80 over the day...

Now the avarage over the day is around 200-255 and the max ping is probably far over 255. They must have done something with the servers. I would have never started playing on Ragnarok last year if it would have been this laggy from the beginning!

Well its not for nothing that they are known as lagnarock. The map is bigger than any other map in game, thus more room for those huuge bases with 500 dinos sitting out with noone doing anything with. Then again the map itself needs more resources from servers than other maps.