How many new dinos will be in genesis?

Crasher334

As for the tamable and usuable ones, the ones we know atm count to 5, one for each major biome:

- to start it off, for the ocean biome we have the giant turtle in the ocean biome, you can build on it's back and when diving under water it's supposed to have a little bubble of air on it's back so survivors can breathe on it without needing scuba

- in the vulcano biome we have the magmasaur, which has some interesting interactions with the sourrounding temperature, the hotter it gets, the stronger the magmasaur becomes and vice versa. It can swim in lava, smelt metal, shoot a ball of molten lava that will leave a pool of lava where it impacts and it can do a little explosion hitting the area around it. Unless extinguished, the creature also radiates enough heat around it to harm creatures near it, which is where the saddle comes in, since it offers complete protection. I mentioned the magmasaur getting extinguished, didn't i ? This kinda happens when the thing touches water, there isn't much info on that tho

- in the snow biome we have the ferox, our favorite new little shapeshifter, in it's small version it can be carried on your shoulder and if fed element it transforms into this huge hulk-like beast, which you then can ride around on, jump and even climb ? ( not sure about this part). The shift is a two edged sword, the more often it transforms, the more element it will need but it also gets stronger during it's transformed form. At some point it kinda reaches a maximum and rages out, similar to a giga, before returning to it's small form.

- in the bog there's the bloodstalker: spider-like it can shoot a string of web to pull creatures and survivors to it and suck their blood. If tamed you don't ride it, but it kinda rides you, the survivor is hold by it with some of it's limbs and some kind of mouthpart that it sticks into your neck ( for real, lock at the trailer lol). It can walk on water like some other spiders and also shoot a second string of web to swing around with.

- and last but not least in the lunar biome there is the astrocetus, the giant space whale. It's greatest ability is to teleport similar to the enforcers, but in this case it's more of a long rage warp, that pulls nearby creatures with it. If that wasn't enough, the saddle is suppossed to have 3 mountabele gunner turrets, while the rider is supposed to be able to drop some kind of energy bomb

1 hour ago, Akarulez said:

This is so little. If they release only 6 new creature with the dlc, i will be pissed off... Every dlc has at least 12 13+ new creature. 

1 hour ago, tbfrnritunbv6 said:

Can’t be just 5. A bunch of them are Apex predators as well (Astrocetus, Magmasaur, Giant Turtle, Bloodstalker), where’s the smaller ones?

6 new non boss dinos at least are coming in Genesis. For reference, if you don't include non-boss dinos and the corrupt varients of dinos, Extinction only added 8 dinos. 6 if you don't include the mek and scout, which in my opinion shouldn't be included since they're more like equipment/vehicles than dinos, being unable to do anything on their own (you could count wild scouts I guess.) And we are getting new equipment and vehicles too.

So we're actually not far from what Extinction had, and we still don't know what the main boss will be, or if there'll be other mini bosses besides the Moeder, or if we're getting other new moving equipment/vehicles.
To top it all off, each of the 5 new tameable things we know of have their own unique and special abilities. The turtle creates an air bubble underwater and can be built on with no platform restrictions. The ferox fits on your shoulder until you grow it. The magmasaur lets you dive in lava. The astrocetus can teleport and drop bombs and stuff. The bloodstalker is spiderman. We have no idea what the bladewasps will do, or even what their real name is yet though.
AAAAAAAnd we'll have biome varients of already existing dinos, which is another cool thing.

So overall I wouldn't be too disappointed if this was all that we got. We know for a fact that there'll also be at least one unrevealed map boss, and who knows what else they've yet to reveal.

Don't complain until it comes out.

8 minutes ago, tbfrnritunbv6 said:

I'm not complaining at all, I'm merely suggesting that there's probably going to be stuff in there that we don't know about yet. Do you really think Wildcard showed us everything already?

Oh, it kinda read like a complaint to me.

I really expect we'll see more things after it's released, but probably not a lot more new dinos.

8 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Oh, it kinda read like a complaint to me.

I really expect we'll see more things after it's released, but probably not a lot more new dinos.

Yes, you're right with not a lot more new dinos. But at least, maybe 2 or 3 more would be amazing for sure, I really want them to make same thing what they do for Aberration. 

3 hours ago, Akarulez said:

This is so little. If they release only 6 new creature with the dlc, i will be pissed off... Every dlc has at least 12 13+ new creature. 

Even scorched earth only had 10 unique creatures when it released ( not counting in the boss and also not counting variations as seperate creatures, for example water and oil jug bug). Out of these 8 were tamable.

Aberration had 14 creatures. 11 Creatures tamable with 4 of them being light pets with slight differences, but all in all the same functionality ( Does the lamprey even count ?)

Extinction had 8 and that already includes the scout and the mek, which, as TinyHippo already said, are more like Equipment/Vehicles anyway.

So every dlc having atleast 12-13+ creatures isn't true.

But think about it, out of our 5 new tames, they have some of the most unique functionality we have seen yet:

- The Turtle is basically a buildable submarine with the oxygen thing

- The bloodstalker can swing around on nets, can pull creatures and walk on water.

- The ferox transformes from a shoulder pet into this wild battle beast with the help of some element

- The magmasaur is basically a tank, being able to shoot a ball of lava, making little explosions in it's sourroundings and you can swim in lava with it

- The astrocetus can teleport, but it unlike the enforcer it pulls other creatures with it, while also being the first creature to have multiple gunner turrets on it's saddle.

So while we don't seem to get much, we seem to definitely get unique and useful tames in Genesis.

I feel like the devs have begun to make less, but more unique dinos if that makes sense 

2 hours ago, VeeTea said:

I hope the blade wasp is a lot like the compy but more lethal. Passive alone but aggressive in a group and I can't wait to sh*t my pants the first time a group of them swarm me when I am taming my ferox army to take over Small Tribes server 123

I don't think you will encounter them while taming ferox, this seems like something that would haunt the bog 

2 hours ago, VeeTea said:

I hope the blade wasp is a lot like the compy but more lethal. Passive alone but aggressive in a group and I can't wait to sh*t my pants the first time a group of them swarm me when I am taming my ferox army to take over Small Tribes server 123

i want the blade wasp to be a flying ant with a switchblade 

While the sheer # of new creatures isnt overwhelming, you just have to look at extinction to see that even a few new dinos can completely change the game. Manas dominate pvp now and gasbags are the premiere soakers. Plus owls are one of the best (the best imo) flyers.

So with only 3 new dinos in extinction we saw raiding, pvp, and aerial gameplay (to a lesser extent) changed completely.

I came to reply and say basically what St1ckyBandit just said.  The changes some of these will bring is pretty big and I will spend a lot of time just playing with turtles. I am way more worried about testing resources and how the servers will behave than I am the amount of raw numbers for new dinos. Let's wait till it's out to start the bish fest ey?

On 2/21/2020 at 10:32 AM, Soulberrry said:

I came to reply and say basically what St1ckyBandit just said.  The changes some of these will bring is pretty big and I will spend a lot of time just playing with turtles. I am way more worried about testing resources and how the servers will behave than I am the amount of raw numbers for new dinos. Let's wait till it's out to start the bish fest ey?

No heart for my post though....

Archived