ARK: Genesis - The Adventure Continues on February 25th

StudioWildcard

4 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Players can enjoy it, if they put their brain to use and realise that "hey, I can play on something else than the official servers."

And hey, if you claim developing the game would be so easy, how about you give a shot at creating a game like ARK? It can't be harder than "plugging in the so called features."

Sure I could opt to play on unofficial servers, I used to run one, but here's the rub; you lose a much larger server community and the ability to interact and create friendships when you close yourself into a private server like that.  Then you get to worry about admin abuse, extortion and other issues that arise when the server isn't "official."    That's the point, you sacrifice an inherent responsibility by the studio to maintain the server and  police their servers for stability which isn't a fair trade off.  

Beyond that, bugs/exploits aren't magically gone just because you aren't haunting an official server, the most you can really hope for is a much more stable server as private server owners tend to either pay for better performance upgrades, or have installed a set of superior server upgrades.

Fun fact, I once was a developer in the game industry. Another fun fact, i have dabbled in unreal engine for a few years now and do have a very early survival game I've been plugging away at on and off for a few years now. Albeit I think it's moth balled and on an external somewhere.  Point however is not to measure the length of my credentials with you, I don't post the things I do to be a hate monger, I post the things I do because there are standards that Wildcard should be upholding, and they just aren't.  I don't think it's unfair to ask that they maintain their servers or at the very least, make sure their 3rd party server providers are taking care of them. Small game studio is fine, but if the players cannot actually enjoy the game, that defeats the whole purpose of development in the first place.  I just don't understand why people can't see that point.

I've tried to get my message across with honey, tried with sincerity, tried with anger and frustration,  I just don't have the energy, time or heart left to worry about this title. If it sucks it sucks, if the game crashes it crashes, not my problem.

On 2/20/2020 at 10:07 AM, Caxtren87 said:

Oh the "Customer is always right" mantra. Yet another idiot -.- The guy's "complaint" was that the 2 seconds it took for a single person to make a post somehow invalidated any efforts being made to fix issue. Which is moronic at best. Chris had the correct response, just salty children wanna throw a tantrum. The company isn't perfect. No company or person ever has been. They also are not the worst nor the evil monsters some like to portray them to be. Get. Over. Yourself.

Life is going to suck for you when you hit the real world because the simple fact is, The customer IS always right. Even if you think they are wrong you cannot treat them with disdain and respond the them with sarcasm. This is pretty much business 101. How do you think Chris' boss would respond if he saw that post?

Am I the only person who thinks this website is dead? Damn empty and boring!

Is this the official site of one of the most popular gaming titles in the world?? The day before the premiere of the new DLC..?. With tiny piece of "news" created 10 days ago? And a lot of players waiting for any information about the game?

Is your community contact crew alive? Don't you realize how humiliating it is for you?

• Facepalm 2