ARK: Genesis - The Adventure Continues on February 25th

StudioWildcard

Should I check out Ark:Genesis in creative to look around and spawn the new dinos first or survival to feel the true pain of being a noob in a new world while dying by the same raptor pack every 15 minutes? I don't know what sounds better cheating a sneek peek or tramatizing nostalgia?

Edit: Why is this here twice? Oh well here's derp snake1876458546_derpsnake.thumb.jpg.27306f8f78c239a15987cc6cca565dec.jpg

Edited by Pikasal07
Comment posted twice so i put derp snake to not waste anyones time
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pikasal07 said:

Without derp snake i couldn't get this far into waiting for genisis

Derp snake424188993_derpsnake.thumb.jpg.560fe1cfe1ea1cdeb1e9e9f9b1f7f700.jpg

I am also thinking what I will do. Either statt an SP on Genesis or Jump directly into 26 deaths by Raptors on a new map. 

But I guess, since I play SP for Longer now, I will start solo Genesis with no cheats and just enjoy 

Hope to see a video of the map soon that would be a great selling point and yall have pretty much run out of things to show so how about a 5min to 10min video of the new dlc map I know alot of people want to see it and the fact there isn't a video yet has some folks worried that maybe it aint going to be that good and maybe you extend its launch date.

I'm looking forward to the launch. I would like to ask you to pay special attention. to the servers in particular valguero 560 which and others that are with daily falls. stays out for hours. we are sad to lose our babies and losing dinos in the falls. I have already reported several times. we don't really know what's going on, but I believe that wildcard can do something for us. Thanks for everythings

• Thanks 1

I don't understand why everyone is so excited about Genesis. They can't even keep up their servers now!! What do you honestly think Genesis is going to be like?? IMO STOP releasing new content and FIX your existing content! This is ridiculous! We can't even play for certain periods of time without a crash, rollback, ect.

Genesis??? Fix the freaken game first! You're just creating more bugs on top of bugs! Such horrible management! Seriously. Read the reviews of this game, people can't stand it! And they do nothing to fix it.

I say all that and I know that I won't stop playing the game. I love the gameplay (when it freaken works) and I won't quit. So I understand why they aren't fixing it cause they are lazy, still making money, but man. It's caused headaches. All I see in my server, any servers I transfer too are people yelling at WC about fixing things. Will they quit? Probably not either. We all spent a lot of time to get to where we are.

I've personally had my character deleted 2 times. I've lost so many dinos I don't even know.

Please, fix the game first, stop releasing new content until you get THAT under control. Ram/Hard Drives/Servers are getting so cheap! There is no reason why a company this size can't afford to fix problems!

• Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, Mavrick88 said:

I don't understand why everyone is so excited about Genesis. They can't even keep up their servers now!! What do you honestly think Genesis is going to be like??

Why assume everyone plays on official servers? I'm excited about Genesis because it's new content to experience. Yeah there'll be bugs and glitches, but that's to be expected. But people that are excited aren't necessarily all playing on official servers.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mavrick88 said:

I don't understand why everyone is so excited about Genesis. They can't even keep up their servers now!! What do you honestly think Genesis is going to be like?? IMO STOP releasing new content and FIX your existing content! This is ridiculous! We can't even play for certain periods of time without a crash, rollback, ect.

Genesis??? Fix the freaken game first! You're just creating more bugs on top of bugs! Such horrible management! Seriously. Read the reviews of this game, people can't stand it! And they do nothing to fix it.

I say all that and I know that I won't stop playing the game. I love the gameplay (when it freaken works) and I won't quit. So I understand why they aren't fixing it cause they are lazy, still making money, but man. It's caused headaches. All I see in my server, any servers I transfer too are people yelling at WC about fixing things. Will they quit? Probably not either. We all spent a lot of time to get to where we are.

I've personally had my character deleted 2 times. I've lost so many dinos I don't even know.

Please, fix the game first, stop releasing new content until you get THAT under control. Ram/Hard Drives/Servers are getting so cheap! There is no reason why a company this size can't afford to fix problems!

My game is running  fine ....on legacy ?  i want new content. .. I'll take the bugs\glitches without a tear to wildcard..it's time you official  crybabies to bite the bullet ...love it or leave it xD

On 1/21/2020 at 11:38 AM, Oieru said:

Personally I prefer a delay regarding Genesis. Doesn't matter how long. IF (and i stress IF), they will release a DLC that is at least half or less broken than Extinction was. Any rush and childish complaining about it begs for disaster; and the whining will increase.

I don't want any more server wipes because of bugs after the release, I don't want broken spawns of end-game creatures in your base, I don't want server crashes, exploits that enable looting on PvE, creatures dying during lag spikes or stuck in meshes. I am sick of these things that keep persisting and sometimes only get exacerbated with each patch and update. I finally want a polished, sufficiently tested out DLC that justifies every cent I spent on it.

No rush; any delay is acceptable; people understand if you keep them informed. Just do a better job. What releases have been before can't be imposed as an acceptable standard, sorry to say this Ark Team. You need to do better.

On 2/14/2020 at 11:11 AM, Lilcrypt1c said:

Nice to see WildCard pushing the advertising campaign when there are players who can't even play because the last update created a blue screen issue #Priorities 

On 2/14/2020 at 11:12 AM, Chris said:

It's unfortunate that in the 60 seconds it took me to create this image, you think the dev team has completely stopped all work. The team have been and still are working hard to fix all high-priority issues.

At least extend even since many cant get on...

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2020 at 11:12 AM, Chris said:

It's unfortunate that in the 60 seconds it took me to create this image, you think the dev team has completely stopped all work. The team have been and still are working hard to fix all high-priority issues.

See, while I get his standpoint, a chunk of the player base has lost faith in Wildcard. Pushed back dates, very little and vague information and ignoring the player base on a general. Do not get me wrong, I love this game. Every game studio is going to have it's issues, but when your community is screaming for fixes that are way past QoL and almost essential to the game, just to be made to feel it's not important? That's way past acceptable. I seriously hope Genesis is everything it's been hyped to be. However I do not hold much hope as Extinction wasn't worth the hype IMO. 

• Like 1

So I bought the DLC on Xbox One but when I try to install it on my PC it says I have to buy it again. Contacted Xbox Support and they said there are 2 different versions for sale and I only bought the Xbox version.... I thought the game was play anywhere??? Do I need to buy 2 copies of the DLC in order to host my servers for my Xbox players??? Not trying to complain but I would like clarification. If anyone can help I’d really appreciate it. Thanks

49 minutes ago, Ladykilla01 said:

So I bought the DLC on Xbox One but when I try to install it on my PC it says I have to buy it again. Contacted Xbox Support and they said there are 2 different versions for sale and I only bought the Xbox version.... I thought the game was play anywhere??? Do I need to buy 2 copies of the DLC in order to host my servers for my Xbox players??? Not trying to complain but I would like clarification. If anyone can help I’d really appreciate it. Thanks

It's becouse there are 2 different divices being involved but only 1 dlc 1 divice.If you want both you must sadly pay unless you can gameshare.(Somehow?)

Edited by Pikasal07

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Ladykilla01 said:

So I bought the DLC on Xbox One but when I try to install it on my PC it says I have to buy it again.

You can't install the DLC as it is not yet released. It is possible that it says to buy it because of this. You are probably better off waiting until the DLC is actually released next week and then see if it is possible to download.