ARK: Genesis - The Adventure Continues on February 25th

StudioWildcard

6 hours ago, Chris said:

It's unfortunate that in the 60 seconds it took me to create this image, you think the dev team has completely stopped all work. The team have been and still are working hard to fix all high-priority issues.

Chris, I love, appreciate your work and contribution to Ark, but I really don't like your words. I know you have a lot of work now, but I suggest you show a little more respect and understanding to players.. we are your clients. I think that people have the right to be salty if they wait a long time for the game, and in addition they encounter a lot of errors and faults. Get some beer or ice creams and relax :)

Edited by slejo
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 5

7 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

They are pushing the advertising campaign so hard there are literally multiple threads in the Genesis sub topic complaining about almost the complete lack of advertising, information and hype about the DLC from WC. 

Yeah people will find any excuse to crap on the Devs even when they are putting their all into something....

Literally paused the Genesis train to fix meshing cause many were jaw flapping about it, so they complained about the delay. Its this Instant Gratification Generation man... they want it and they want it now and will *bad word for lady dog* about it and anything else.

These kids would have died growing up in the 90's from anxiety related heart conditions due to the slow response times and limited media output for games... hell can you imagine them dealing with the wait between the two Incredibles movies?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Chris said:

It's unfortunate that in the 60 seconds it took me to create this image, you think the dev team has completely stopped all work. The team have been and still are working hard to fix all high-priority issues.

Just to clarify something, i live in oce and all my friends and most of the community i expect is wanting some OCE small tribe servers, is this being looked into or is it possible to look into this?

8 hours ago, SeleneVerona said:

Drops on extinction still despawn if the claimer walks away to find the last 10 critters. I know your all very busy but please work on this issue as soon as you can manage it. I would love to scare my new tribemates with a purple.

Don't go too far away to look for those critters then. You can kill them without despawning the osd. Or you can just wait a couple of minutes if you're afraid it will despawn, after a few minutes the wave will end anyway. 

• Thanks 1

I Think they do a fantastic job. And I know GENESIS will be a blast. They got so much ideas which is great. 

Not responding to the Switch Players is something I do not get. 

Anyway. Keep up the hard work. We love the game. All these haters and Internet heroes are not the Big part of players. It is ok to critizise but not all the time the same whining over and over again.

I am happy with Ark and I am not a 24/7 addicted Nerd. With a Bit of distance and understanding I Think some of you retarded morons would be more thankful for what you have here. 

• Facepalm 1

15 hours ago, Chris said:

Possibly one of the greatest responses from one of the development team I've ever seen on here, well said @Chris and just know that not everyone on here is a complete and utter *word I'm not allowed to say on the forums* and understands the pressures of working in software development under tight deadlines. Keep up the good work to all of you and don't stop the communication because some impatient idiots get you down.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

@Chris - your facepalm reaction to my post only proves the lack of good principles in your company's public relations. It also reminds me of how many times I've had this reaction with Ark code glitches and bugs.

And sorry for not being a toady boy. Several thousand hours spent in Ark built my skepticism. This game gave me a lot of joy but also a lot of negative experiences that I can't be a hyped fanatical follower. But I hope that will change.

Edited by slejo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

Well in 3 days I lose all my Boss breeders on Rag 381.  I have been playing Ark for almost 4 years, been through ALL the growing pains of legacy.  This is the 1st time i have been nervous about my account.   I HOPE they will roll back the servers a few days if this blue screen issue goes beyond the 7 day time on dinosaurs despawning.   I submitted a video on the community cruch for this event.  I hope they watch it !

You got to be kidding me right now. You know they had to take Valentine's Day  off and they don't fix anything till Tuesdays.This is the reason Ark is so dead. But hey at least you got everyone's  money in the new DLC right. Pixark has issues but at least they fix it in a day. 5 days and no fix.So are we looking at a fix after the new DLC drops?

Fix the bug on EU-PVE-TheCenter633 !!!

Everyone are kicked every 5minutes  by Battleye! 

We have prepared a lot of eggs for this event, and we have lost a lot of them with the server offline thursday... and since that, we cannot play for more than 5minutes!!!!!! EVERYONE GET KICKED!!!!!

We got no reply from Support request.....

Also the server is show as a PVP server, but it's a PVE!

I'm going to ask a refund for Genesis, fix your game!

• Thanks 1

Regardless of the various bugs and issues the playerbase, GMs, various managers, and probably even dev-teams have to deal with while ARKing and getting ARK'ed, the music once again is extra-eeemly amazing.  Linked for your viewing pleasure is the Behind-the-scenes with the Philharmonia Orchestra and the Man Himself, Gareth Coker.  If you haven't seen it, definitely worth watching!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Alright guys, let's get back on topic. This is not a thread to complain about x or report y, but a thread to showcase and discuss the theme song of the upcoming DLC. There are other channels specifically available for the other topics. Thanks.

So. When it comes to theme music. I think ALL ARK themes were epic (maybe besides Love Evolved one :).) Music is one of the best parts of this franchise. Gareth Coker prooves that he is master of huge, emotional, tense soundtracks.

My top 3 main themes by far are:

1 - Aberration
2 - Extinction
3 - Genesis

Edited by slejo

Nice sound track, good luck with your endeavors, wish you all the best. How about a new trailer to get our juices flowing? :) Please and thank you.

Congratz to the composer, awesome talent. Thank you very much sir ! :) That sound and all songs you bring to Ark are EPIC 

Edited by MooseX