Explicit question on breeding 'super' dinos

Tician

Hi guys,

first things first: I don't feel like this is the right topic and know there is a breeding-section in the forum, but I can't access it due to low posts-count - so here I am.

I am kind of new to breeding, read about it and am trying to implement it on Direwolves (god I just love wolves!).
Now, how to breed a super-dino? I was looking this up, ending at the Wikipedia-article about mutations, where it starts with these steps:
Step 1: Breed a dino with good stats and have Mat and Pat combined less than 20 Mutations - done, I've got a few females and one male with the maximum stats I could breed together and mutations not exceeding 20.
Step 2: Get a newly tamed, low-level dino with 0 in unwanted stats - done.
Step 3: Go wild with breeding and get an outcome that:
- has 0 in unwanted stats and high points as possible in the other stats (could get that to work)
- has 0 Mat and 0 Pat mutation.

That's what I understand, but I struggle in reducing the mutations, what's the way to go here? How can I get a 0/0 child outcome with the parents being (females) 6/9 and low level (male) 0/0?

I tried around, thought only the parents would inherit the mutation-counter, but after trying to breed the first outcomes (6/0) together I ended up with 6/9 again, I guess the mutations from the grandparents being back in the count.

Could someone explain me what I am supposed to do to reduce the mutation-counter?

I dont think you can reduce mutations to 0/0. You can get one side 0 by breeding your mutated dino with a 0/0 one but I dont think its possible to reduce both sides of the mutation counter. It doesnt really matter tho cause as long as one side is under 20 then it can still get mutations. So get that male that has all the good stats and low rolls in the bad stats and breed that male with your 0/0 females till you get another mutation in a male and replace the current one, repeat.

I started mine with all 0/0 dinos so the females are all the same good base stats so things like oxygen/food/weight are all the same as my male and just check for the melee/stam/hp mutations.

32 minutes ago, Tician said:

Hi guys,

first things first: I don't feel like this is the right topic and know there is a breeding-section in the forum, but I can't access it due to low posts-count - so here I am.

I am kind of new to breeding, read about it and am trying to implement it on Direwolves (god I just love wolves!).
Now, how to breed a super-dino? I was looking this up, ending at the Wikipedia-article about mutations, where it starts with these steps:
Step 1: Breed a dino with good stats and have Mat and Pat combined less than 20 Mutations - done, I've got a few females and one male with the maximum stats I could breed together and mutations not exceeding 20.
Step 2: Get a newly tamed, low-level dino with 0 in unwanted stats - done.
Step 3: Go wild with breeding and get an outcome that:
- has 0 in unwanted stats and high points as possible in the other stats (could get that to work)
- has 0 Mat and 0 Pat mutation.

That's what I understand, but I struggle in reducing the mutations, what's the way to go here? How can I get a 0/0 child outcome with the parents being (females) 6/9 and low level (male) 0/0?

I tried around, thought only the parents would inherit the mutation-counter, but after trying to breed the first outcomes (6/0) together I ended up with 6/9 again, I guess the mutations from the grandparents being back in the count.

Could someone explain me what I am supposed to do to reduce the mutation-counter?

I use lvl 5 females  to get fresh mutations easily cloned .also -424424253535/-757574756646 equals 0/0 mutations aswell...

Here’s how we did it:  tame 100’s of wild dinos. Take these, and mix to produce the lowest stats possible (or lowest you want to use). 

From there, produce an army of non mut females with the perfect stats you don’t plan to mutate. Example being oxy, food, Stam, weight if you’re looking to mutate HP and melee. i recommend having as many as you can manage. We use 600 females in our rex program (two tribes allied for easy feeding). 

Now starts the work of breeding the key stats. Since rexes take 4 days to raise, we breed HP in one line and breed melee in a second. So we make 600 eggs every two days for either HP or melee and hatch and raise every two days. If you miss a mutation (it happens a lot), just breed again. 

We keep the HP and melee on separate lines until we want to mix them. Usually we get lucky and get a male and female of one or or the other. So I wouldn’t mix unless you have a female and male of opposite stats you want to mix.

Once this perfect HP and melee is mixed into a male, we now breed the entire 600 females again to produce as many females as we can. We usually raise 50-80 females to produce and trade eggs from. All the while we continue the stat mutation breeding. 

Then we rinse and repeat and mix again at some point to keep moving stats up. 

You can never cleanse stats or dinos once you pass the mutation threshold. Breeding so the baby has less than 20/20 mutations just means you have 2 chances to mutate. Once you pass that after your 19th mutation, you cut your chances in half to just the non mut females giving you the mutation. There is the chance to cause an integer error in the coding and hit negative mutations, though. But it takes many breeds. These negative lines act just like a non mut though. 

So far it sounds like the Wikipedia-article is just wrong?

I struggle hard to understand what @AwesomeRon did, but since it is a private server I am playing on with x5 on breeding times (and everything related) with the current event running as well it takes 15 minutes of gastation-time for my wolves and reduced cooldowns as well before being able to mate again.

That said: Do I really need low-level stats on Sta, weight, etc? The article says on official servers dinos level 450 get deleted, but I don't know if this also counts for unofficial servers - because if it doesn't I don't have to look for low stats at all, right?

21 minutes ago, Tician said:

That said: Do I really need low-level stats on Sta, weight, etc? The article says on official servers dinos level 450 get deleted, but I don't know if this also counts for unofficial servers - because if it doesn't I don't have to look for low stats at all, right?

Im not sure if unofficials have that restriction just like officials but there is also a maximum number of points able to be put into a single stat, Its a high number that I cant remember what it is exactly right now but I want to say like around 250?

1 minute ago, Piffguru said:

Im not sure if unofficials have that restriction just like officials but there is also a maximum number of points able to be put into a single stat, Its a high number that I cant remember what it is exactly right now but I want to say like around 250?

It's probably either 255 or 256 due to a max data storage in the code.  255 if 0 is the initial starting point, 256 if all stats start at level 1.

28 minutes ago, Tician said:

So far it sounds like the Wikipedia-article is just wrong?

I struggle hard to understand what @AwesomeRon did, but since it is a private server I am playing on with x5 on breeding times (and everything related) with the current event running as well it takes 15 minutes of gastation-time for my wolves and reduced cooldowns as well before being able to mate again.

If you’re on a private server the level won’t cap at 450. So tame away and mix. 

The gist of my post is this:  product a ton of females that are low mutation (less than 20/20 when you add the male and female on the patrilineal and matrilineal sides) and then breed your super male across them all. Hope to have a male and then do it again when it’s raised. 

3 minutes ago, PertySlick said:

It's probably either 255 or 256 due to a max data storage in the code.  255 if 0 is the initial starting point, 256 if all stats start at level 1.

Theoretically it’s 256 (something to do with coding). On official I think you can push about half that many before pushing stats over hatch limit if you’re doing HP and melee. A single stat could push that high. But you’d need 0 point stats in most of the other stats. 

Stop if you reach 254 levels in specific stat – Ark will prevent a stat from being leveled if the wild level count for that stat is 255 but not if it is lower and not if the stat's wild levels plus the stat's domestic levels meet or exceed 255.

This was verified by admin spawning a creature and checking it's stat levels with the Admin Rifle. The raptor had 252 melee and 255 speed. Speed levelup was disabled in the creature's inventory, but melee was leveled an additional 11 times without issue.

That's what the Wikipedia-page I linked earlier says

You don’t need 0 mutations on both sides. Just on the Moms side. Then there is about a 3% chance for one additional mutation. And it might not be in the desired stat. There is a cap of 225 levels (wild or tamed) (on official) in a single stat so it is generally good to go for two or more high stats. Sometimes the mutation will be in movement speed or torpor so it’s hard to tell

As you're on a private unoffical with higher rates then my preferred method would be:

Tame lots of wolves and breed to get the best stats into a male and female. These should have zero mutations.

Breed them together until you get a melee mutation. If its a male then mate him with mum, female then mate with dad, until you get a second melee mutation. 

Then that one mates with the grandparents, and so on.

Keep separate lines for melee, health etc, and then piece them together when you're happy with how far youve got.

With mammals I'd have many of the base female to speed things up.

If you want to see all the details and maximize, I recommend using the app -> Ark Smart Breending - cadon (https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor). With this program, you can see everything about your dinosaur. Regarding your question, you need a dinosaur to redefine when it reaches 20/20 genetics (Yes, it is necessary to mate a low level dinosaur with one that has an even lower attribute and try to get the perfect matrices, preferably between levels 2 or 4, this couple will accompany you throughout the process, helping to reset to 0/20 when necessary.). Remember that each dinosaur has its role; I can mention the case of rex level 374, the priority is HP and Mele. the rest of the attributes are 0 points. Based on this logic, you will get a rex with 176 points in hp (39820) and 198 points in mele (1290.1) born at level 374. if you print 100% and put the extra 75 points only in mele, you will get a mini gigano 47784.1Hp and 3518.2 in mele (75 extra points in mele only).

Archived