Headless XBOX ONE server

Headless XBOX ONE server

Hello,

please excuse if this has been asked i scrolled through about 6 pages before asking.

Does anyone know if wildcard is going to release a headless XBOX One? I am one who would love to not do a song and dance to run a server for friends and family and not have to pay an arm and leg. Does anyone have any insight as to how N!trado does their setup?

I have followed all the great TUTs and they work but I always have the issue where the server just poops on me and I have to manually go and restart the PC. 

Nope, I believe n!trado were provided with unique software/details by wildcard to host headless servers, similar to what they provide steam users for free. Hence, why n!trado is the only company that can host headless Xbox ark servers. 

Either side will throw the old "it's xbox's fault" type excuses without much explanation, but there's 100% a deal going on between them. N!trado are the worst since they won't give you any kind of access to make your own backup, so it's either pay them for all eternity or lose your progress. 

Hence, unfortunately the best way to host is the not much loved by wildcard windows 10 store version of ark, and since player dedicated servers don't make them any money there's a huge lack of support. 

Archived