event fishing

HiImZech

event fishing

what's the largest event coel size? I've not seen anything that's out of bound for sap

does using honey gets more loot out per fish?

has anyone done the math for most efficient lure?

what's the best fishing location on the island?

do you use pachyrhino to gather all fish towards you?

edit: it seems you do get MORE (not better) out of each hook with better lures

15 hours ago, HiImZech said:

event fishing

what's the largest event coel size? I've not seen anything that's out of bound for sap

does using honey gets more loot out per fish?

has anyone done the math for most efficient lure?

what's the best fishing location on the island?

do you use pachyrhino to gather all fish towards you?

i fished up a 2.2 the other day

8 hours ago, adamsre said:

I've gotten nothing out of fishing yet - other than 2, or 3 trout.  I've tried a primitive rod, mastercraft rod, blood, sap and honey.  They swim right up to me and the lure and turn their noses up at it.  Is there a method to casting that I'm missing or something?

For the fishing, you have to wait different periods of time before the fish even try to bite. This article explains it, and the bait differences. https://ark.gamepedia.com/Fishing_Rod

I got many chibis already. Scorched Earth is the best map as only the coelocanths spawn, and the pools are shallow making it easy to spot/keep in the bait range. Only the coelacanths with hearts floating above them give the loot. Just kill all the normal ones and it'll be much easier. Use sap first as it causes bites faster, then switch to leech blood or honey when only bigger ones are left. Bigger fish/higher quality seem to drop more loot, but I haven't gotten more than 1 chibi per catch, the chocolates and candies I've gotten multiple in a single catch. That's all the info I gathered. Happy fishing.

Archived