Removing Exp or Reset Level to 1

maseren

Removing Exp or Reset Level to 1

Hi all,

Searched everywhere but running out of options. Is there a way to reset a player to level 1, take away level or experience? Yes i know i can create a new survivor and have them take over tribe stuff, but the one thing that does not transfer i believe is the dino's that my old character raised. This is for an ASM dedicated server if that matters at all. 

Any and all advise or help would be appreciated. 

Thank you! 

5 hours ago, maseren said:

Is there a way to reset a player to level 1, take away level or experience?

I believe the answer is "no". I haven't seen it nor, it seems, has anybody replying in this thread.

Maybe @Cedric would consider passing the suggestion along? Having an admin command to reset the amount of XP to 0 (or, preferably, any number) would be great for admins to punish players they don't want to outright ban.

Hey all, 

Thanks for the responses. Sounds like the console command for imprint transfer might be best, that and force adding a new member to a tribe. That should work. But i agree, i am VERY surprised that Wildcard have not allowed for this command. It makes lots of sense. hell i'm surprised they didn't simplify allowing a player multiple survivors! 

3 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

Just wondering why you would want to do this anyway?

Basically, my wife and I played through the Island, obviously with just us two, we've leveled like crazy as I had to make the game easier. That said, we have a great base, and many tames... however, in the next Ark i want to take us to, which I think will be Ragnarok, due to its size etc... I want us to be able to take some of our Dino's with us, and be able to hop back and forth and get some resources, HOWEVER, we are level 100... whats the point of starting a new Ark, with Gaia which gives many new engrams to play with, if we're already level 100? I want to start the journey over, but with some already existing resources. From an RP standpoint, it's like we are reborn somewhere else, with the same gear, but start at level 1. Makes sense? 

Truly why i wish it was possible. I don't want to lose our old base, all our old dino's etc... thanks to the comment above though it should be possible, to just start new, go back to our old tribe, force add us to the tribe and level us to admin, and pass over the affinities from certain dinos we grew from babies :) Just wish there was an easier, less lengthy way to do it, thats basically it. 

Gotcha, In that situation I would just make a new character on rag and leave your current characters on the island. If you are clustered you can still transfer items and dinos from server to server just obviously no imprint bonus will count but Id just say thats part of the starting over, you can breed new ones when your ready but you can still use your old dinos when necessary.

7 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

There are commands to transfer imprints. Check the ark wiki, look up console commands (should work the same as I transferred imprints on a few dino's on my private server)

Found what you where mentioning on here: https://arkids.net/commands

Funny enough couldn't find it on the wiki. I'll have to do some testing to see if it works. Sounds like I can just set an imprint to a player ID. Curious, wouldn't my player ID be the same between servers? or is this something to do with Ark vs Steam ID?

2 hours ago, maseren said:

Found what you where mentioning on here: https://arkids.net/commands

Funny enough couldn't find it on the wiki. I'll have to do some testing to see if it works. Sounds like I can just set an imprint to a player ID. Curious, wouldn't my player ID be the same between servers? or is this something to do with Ark vs Steam ID?

Player ID is based on your Ark implant for the specific character.

It's the Sample #

Archived