Gamma Broodmother minimum

Minja

Gamma Broodmother minimum

Hey all,

Wondering if I could get some expert advise on minimums requirements for defeating GAMMA Broodmother? Never done a boss before and a solo player.

Got 7 Megatheriums - 2 are bred so got 7000+HP and 500%+ melee, another 2 are wild level 232 with 6000HP with 500% melee, one is level 150 with 4000HP with 400% melee and the other 2 are low level. 

Then got a level 130 yutryannus.

+ 2 direwolf level level 180+

1 sabre tooth Level 180+

1 Daedon for healing

and a level 30 frog hahaha.

Will that kill GAMMA broodmother? ( megatheriums have the bug buff etc???)

Its official PVP

Honestly I always found the best way to do bosses etc first time is to Download Ark Server Manager, Run the server and then use a program called Ark Commander by SparcMX to spawn stuff in and practice/test various methods to see which will work best and also get your tactics on point without actually losing anything you worked hard for if you fail.
You can also do it in single player but if I remember right its a different difficulty so wont give you an accurate answer to the outcome compared to doing it on a dedicated server via ASM

Thanks for the advise. Much appreciated.

I've been slowly slowly slogging getting the megatherium numbers up on my own. Takes ages doesn't it? Especially the breeding. :/

I've been playing the game for 5 years and never done a boss, so it's about time I think lol. 

Guess ill get back to taming up more megatheriums. Eurgh.

I don’t know how useful this will be, but on official PvP we used 19 theris and 1 yuty for all the bosses.

Yuty: Hatched at L150. 85ish% imprint. Leveled to 10,000 HP, rest melee. 75 armor saddle. Hung out well behind the Theri army and had 1 Theri rider bodyguard me. Even a couple spiders biting the yuty quickly kicked it’s ass. On Alpha we lost the yuty because my bodyguard got distracted. Later we used 100% imprinted 200+ hatched Yutys. They could take a lot more hits. This time around mine will have more HP.

Cool thanks for the help!

A lot people are saying you need to level dinos up to 15000-20000 HP. I get that this is an idea to be safe but it’s quite difficult on official PVP playing solo to do this for 19 megatheriums  - (granted -boss is a boss) but I’m still wondering what the ’rough minimums’ are against gamma....I’d be interested to know if anyone has experience of what kind of ‘damage numbers’ their main tanking dinos took in the battle against GAMMA broodmother.......for example - let’s say it’s a megatherium army.....most videos I’ve seen for the one who manage to defeat it is that their megatheriums have lost only about 2000HP after the fight....so why need 15-20000hp against gamma?........(it’s not always clear from videos if they are on official severe or their own single player servers ....so it’s all very hard to work out 

So megatheriums don’t need the mele boost as they get bug boost.

id be interested to hear of more folks stories and just how much actually damage gamma broodmother does to the main tanking dinos as a whole....

basically - it I can do it with megatheriums at 10K hp - I’m good to go .....

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, just an update here.

Myself and 2 other tribe members defeated gamma brood on official PVP. However, it can be achieved solo if you know what you are doing. In the fight itself, my other 2 tribe members sat back and got the perks. But having a few extra hands to set up the fight is really useful. So get your tribe members involved.

So set up here was (building on my original tames amount - see opening post ) are as follows …

10 Megatheriums - 7 wild / 3 bred. ( Mixed HP ranges = 3 were about 15KHP / the average rest were about 10k. One was 7K )

1 TekRex (wild) - got it to around 14k health with 300 melee. lvl at the fight was 153.

1 Yuty - 100lvl wild base - got up to 14k hp level 150.

1 daeodon set to heal - 150 wild base - got up to 8000k hp. level was 177 at the fight.

and had a spare velonosaur 2k HP - so got a friend to chill at the back back and shoot needles into gamma broodmothers head. ( it looked cool)

-------------

the fight itself - (and this is the information I struggled to find solid info on in decent detail) - megatheriums took (on average) 2-4k damage across the 10 of them. ( bug boost for the win).

I had no casulalties.

I obviously used the daeodon and yuty perks.

A tribe member was supposed to be sat on the daedon but it got excited and ran into the fight without him haha. (maybe work out group whistles before you go in - we didn't have that). 

Also, theres a new 'whistle bug' on ark which is a pain, hold 'b' on Xbox to whistle and it gets everyone to follow you first auto - and that caused some issues in our brood fight - luckily we managed to work around it. (see date of post).

It was a solid victory - but it took about 5 minutes.

Jerry's final thought.....

Breeding....my word.....takes a s*** tonne of time on official PVP.....if you  don't want pink eye every day for 3 weeks, little sleep and to test the boundaries of life it self,  I would just find 10 WILD high level megatheriums (130-140-150levels) and tame them on a good XP weekend with some lamb mutton. Some of my highest HP megas were 15K and from wild.

I understand the merit of breeding on ark....but on official PVP...….me personally.....NOOOOO THANKS. I feel the perks for breeding and imprinting in ark should be even MORE INSANE as rewards for the time that goes into it.

I will never get that time back haha.

Overall. victory was had. SKAL.

its better to use only the megatheriums with a theri the other dinos are bassicly usseles becouse they dont have enough health to survive and its really nice to have some good saddles to let them survive easier i should say get a bit more megatheriums and you will be fine like 10 is fine if you have some good saddle otherwise just go with 19 to be save

• 1 month later...

Here are every island fight, done solo on official settings : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH2Fxw6bED9cV2X_1DREAVg

Gamma brood can be done with as few as 4-5 tamed megatheriums (40-50 armor saddles) with a yuty behind.

@Freespirit Nice vid, but you are on SP, so not a valid example unfortunately. Besides, saddles are capped at 124 on actual official servers after a restart.

@Zahlea Feel free to update your initial thread, especially the dragon, since it can be done solo on alpha.

• Volunteer Moderator

we did gamma broodmother (several times) with 2 bred megatheriums and a daeodon - mega's had like 49 armor saddles, bout 10k hp and 400ish dmg - pig had prim the first few times until we found a better one, 80k or so food (only thing we level). both mega are ridden (obviously), imprinted and mate boosted. pig is on medium follow, full of meat and set to passive heal.

you are solo tho, so  see if you can "borrow" a tribemate from a larger tribe for the fight :)

14 hours ago, Darkholis said:

@Freespirit Nice vid, but you are on SP, so not a valid example unfortunately. Besides, saddles are capped at 124 on actual official servers after a restart.

Hi @Darkholis, you are right about the saddle armor part I think.

But, my server settings are exactly the same as Official including in-fact Singleplayer settings are OFF, max difficulty is ON. So why do you think I'm on singleplayer bro ?

I would love to get some quantitative feedback since with SP settings ON (true Singleplayer), I tried this same boss fight & it finished in less than half the time. In-fact with SP settings on, I can do Alpha Brood with 10 Zinos but on my settings(which I think is Official), I need full 19x Zinos with veggie cakes.

17 minutes ago, Freespirit said:

Hi @Darkholis, you are right about the saddle armor part I think.

But, my server settings are exactly the same as Official including in-fact Singleplayer settings are OFF, max difficulty is ON. So why do you think I'm on singleplayer bro ?

I would love to get some quantitative feedback since with SP settings ON (true Singleplayer), I tried this same boss fight & it finished in less than half the time. In-fact with SP settings on, I can do Alpha Brood with 10 Zinos but on my settings(which I think is Official), I need full 19x Zinos with veggie cakes.

I am saying your are in SP because you are limited to 1 boss per obelisk. That's only for SP saves. Even if you turn the setting off, it's still hard-coded.

Didn't mean to insult you in any way. Appologies if I did.

2 hours ago, Darkholis said:

I am saying your are in SP because you are limited to 1 boss per obelisk. That's only for SP saves. Even if you turn the setting off, it's still hard-coded.

Didn't mean to insult you in any way. Appologies if I did.

@Darkholis Thats Ok mate. Cheerio. indeed I am in Singleplayer, but I have done extensive research since 2015(Ark Early Access) & brought my SP settings to be exactly equal to Official. I even looked at other Official PvP/PvE videos to see the dmg nos tamed Dinos are giving to the bosses, how much time it takes for a boss to fall & concluded mine is presently equal to Official.

The only point of difference from mine vs Official Servers is the gathering & taming rates + the stasis effect of non-dedicated/SP.

I have no intention of posting videos with fake/erroneous info just for a bunch of upvotes or comments since a) my channel will always be de-monetized & b) I want to present my findings based on 5 yrs experience in Ark & help others along the way.

@Zahlea If I may quote specifics of your "Boss Recommendations" thread. Each with the appropriate video.

Broodmother Alpha :
19 Theri; Saddle 100+, hp 21k (no more, no less), 600% 800% minimum
1 Yuty; Any saddle, any stats [Ridden]
(One Theri can be replaced with a Daeodon with high hp) 20-30 cakes per theriz.

Dragon Alpha :
19 Theri; Saddle 100+, hp 21k (no more, no less), 600% 800% minimum
1 Yuty; Any saddle, any stats [Ridden]
(One Theri can be replaced with a Daeodon with high hp) 20-30 cakes per theriz.

NOTE: It can be done solo.

Overseer Alpha :
14 Theriz; Saddle 100+, hp 21k (no more, no less), 600% 800% minimum
30 cakes per theriz.
1 Yuty 35k+ hp 2.5-3k stam 50+ saddle.

Guys, these videos on single player fighting broodmother are not how to do this.

having 'max difficulty' set on singleplayer is not enough. You will get into the real fight on PVP and lose everything.

Official PVP difficulty is 5.0 last time I checked and did my fight. That was the basis for me beating it and it worked.

You have to manually override this difficulty number in the settings file on PC.

Basically, 'max difficulty' ticked does not replicate official PVP settings.

7 hours ago, Minja said:

Guys, these videos on single player fighting broodmother are not how to do this.

None of my videos are singleplayer, as clearly shown at the beginning of each one.

The sole difference between my servers and officials are breeding time because I've done it before (100% imprint giga on hardcore prim official, waking up every 4 hours to do it for 7 days...) and I gain nothing by deliberatly slowing myself down for content I've done hundreds of times.

See my cluster settings here if you have any doubts :

Archived