Minja

Gamma Broodmother minimum

Gamma Broodmother minimum

Hey all,

Wondering if I could get some expert advise on minimums requirements for defeating GAMMA Broodmother? Never done a boss before and a solo player.

Got 7 Megatheriums - 2 are bred so got 7000+HP and 500%+ melee, another 2 are wild level 232 with 6000HP with 500% melee, one is level 150 with 4000HP with 400% melee and the other 2 are low level. 

Then got a level 130 yutryannus.

+ 2 direwolf level level 180+

1 sabre tooth Level 180+

1 Daedon for healing

and a level 30 frog hahaha.

Will that kill GAMMA broodmother? ( megatheriums have the bug buff etc???)

Its official PVP

Edited by Minja

Honestly I always found the best way to do bosses etc first time is to Download Ark Server Manager, Run the server and then use a program called Ark Commander by SparcMX to spawn stuff in and practice/test various methods to see which will work best and also get your tactics on point without actually losing anything you worked hard for if you fail.
You can also do it in single player but if I remember right its a different difficulty so wont give you an accurate answer to the outcome compared to doing it on a dedicated server via ASM

Thanks for the advise. Much appreciated.

I've been slowly slowly slogging getting the megatherium numbers up on my own. Takes ages doesn't it? Especially the breeding. :/

I've been playing the game for 5 years and never done a boss, so it's about time I think lol. 

Guess ill get back to taming up more megatheriums. Eurgh.

I don’t know how useful this will be, but on official PvP we used 19 theris and 1 yuty for all the bosses.

Yuty: Hatched at L150. 85ish% imprint. Leveled to 10,000 HP, rest melee. 75 armor saddle. Hung out well behind the Theri army and had 1 Theri rider bodyguard me. Even a couple spiders biting the yuty quickly kicked it’s ass. On Alpha we lost the yuty because my bodyguard got distracted. Later we used 100% imprinted 200+ hatched Yutys. They could take a lot more hits. This time around mine will have more HP.

Edited by mattj

Cool thanks for the help!

A lot people are saying you need to level dinos up to 15000-20000 HP. I get that this is an idea to be safe but it’s quite difficult on official PVP playing solo to do this for 19 megatheriums  - (granted -boss is a boss) but I’m still wondering what the ’rough minimums’ are against gamma....I’d be interested to know if anyone has experience of what kind of ‘damage numbers’ their main tanking dinos took in the battle against GAMMA broodmother.......for example - let’s say it’s a megatherium army.....most videos I’ve seen for the one who manage to defeat it is that their megatheriums have lost only about 2000HP after the fight....so why need 15-20000hp against gamma?........(it’s not always clear from videos if they are on official severe or their own single player servers ....so it’s all very hard to work out 

So megatheriums don’t need the mele boost as they get bug boost.

id be interested to hear of more folks stories and just how much actually damage gamma broodmother does to the main tanking dinos as a whole....

basically - it I can do it with megatheriums at 10K hp - I’m good to go .....