how safe is it to join a cluster? Looking to find one to add my server to.

WindyTrusty

how safe is it to join a cluster? Looking to find one to add my server to.

Hiya, what are the ups and downs of cluster servers? I am currently looking to join one but need to know the risks.

I am on AGS servers, currently running the island, but looking to change it up. mods are totally negotiable, or are they separate per server?

I have all expansions except genesis so any map is new to me and accessible, my play time tops 100 plus hours per week. I have a job that is not very demanding.

I have a discord server up 24/7 and website.I am also very friendly and helpful. So let's talk. email windy.trusty@gmail.com with an obvious title ;) or leave a message here.

current site  https://unkabeansgames.wixsite.com/arkhaven

Are you talking about linking your server to someone else's cluster?
Or are you asking about creating your own?

I can see so many potential issues with linking your server to someone else's that I wouldn't consider it at all.
All maps on the cluster should have identical mods, otherwise players could lose items on transfer.
The Cluster directory has to be shared across all servers in the cluster - which has been done (across the internet) and abandoned by a few people here in the forums.
Other maps on the cluster might have different settings for dinos and character levels - so levels might be lost on transfer.
Other admins might spawn in dinos at stupid levels and wipe out the players on your server.

I suggest you create your own cluster - or join in with people you know and trust in real-life.

I run a cluster - but do you know me well enough to trust what I do?  And likewise, I don't know you or your intentions or how you run your server (no disrespect meant here).

Thanks so much for the advice, guess I'll withdraw the offer to join a cluster. I am a couple months into ark and bought a server hoping to make friends to play with, so far it sits empty except me and EJ. I guess I will increase my income as I have no real life friends who play ARK,

Once again, thanks for the advice. I also advertise my server just so ya know :)

Maybe I'll change maps and the island must be boring for people now lol.

Windy

Archived