Region Lock Official Servers

JameyRM

Suggestion

Sick of the lag, honestly, and I am not exaggerating, all OC servers I am on constantly hit 255 ping, but one in particular hits it legitimately every minute, for a minute. Game should be relaxing, not torture, all because you won't consider region locking for some weird reason. What's the point in having different region servers if we are going to get lag anyway? Just chuck us all on NA while you are at it.

And before it's said:

- Yes, i've submitted server outage report after report

- Yes, I have posted to Reddit, and pinged the devs on twitter multiple times - no response

- I have the fastest internet available in Aus (which, is bad, but still, it's not my connection)

20190424064616_1.jpg

20 replies to this server topic

Region lock official servers

While there are exceptions with some players that like to play with friends or family across regions, the vast majority of players play in their respective regions, and for good reason. North American and European servers get heavy traffic from new box players constantly, and we all know why and what they're doing. 

Ark official servers are on steam, which can utilize more than just ip address to lock people out of a server, so the arguments about vpn's fall short here. 

We know whats going on with box players duping and raiding bases on NA and EU servers, and we also know that WC doesn't seem too willing to stop it, so maybe this suggestion is a long shot that falls on deaf ears.. who knows. At least its worth a shot. 

If you are someone that plays cross regions on official, well sry but you're the exception to the rule and that's what unofficial servers or locally hosted servers are for.

I had had IT! yeah I said it!  I HAD HAD IT!!! With all those BOX BOX [][] people all around the servers, especially in OC servers. Literally can't play the game in peace. They take every resources in PVE (eg. Oil Veins) and LOCKED THEM!!!! which at some point you cant get the enough from somewhere else. AND...... the another critical thing to add this disaster, "THE SERVER PING/LATENCY". YES you see it right! They tried to take down the whole raptoring GEN2 server!! like LITERALLY!! I was playing in OC 979(now i moved to other server) there was like all the boxes[][][][] are there. No English speaking server whatsoever. My suggestion is that. Make a different client for them or separate them from us OC English speaking players. Everyone in the game had had enough of it. Sick of it. Tried of it. [][]][][[][][][][][][][][][] in chat all the time. Let them have their own version of the game with their own language speaking players. If this continues even more. The game will DIE eventually. I can even see it dying when I visit to the Island map. You literally get BOXes[][] only 2 or 3 players with English speaking are there playing. They will probably stop playing too.

Add region lock

Add a region lock limiting number of off region players while also blocking whoever plays with VPN. for example 5 Asian players MAX per 1 EUROPE server no more at one point! Servers that have asian players unfortunately lag alot and I doubt it's the servers fault as on legacy there were more people, more buildings and more Dino's, yet it was at a stable 15ping now minimum ping on new Genesis server is 210 same on every new server I play or played on, for example 6 Asians players came to aberration and ping started to go 255+ for days after they got there 8 people on 

A semi region lock is needed for the psychological health of it's in region players

Regionlock

PVE really needs to get the regionlock, the asian box tribes just capping down every eu-na server they can find. Yesterday 2 box tribe joined at our server, and they are already have 30+ snow owl babyes and 20+ tek rex babyes. And we already have 2 rex/giga breeder tetris player in here....

Just why are you allowing this? You are wiping ppl because they have 30 dodo or other stuff, but 200-300 other useless animal(Rex/Therzi/Giga) is fine...

Wipe out all tetris player from PVE.

• Volunteer Moderator

REGION LOCK!!!!

region lock the serves already, i and a majority of the community is with me on this. we are sick of dealing with greifers from the other side of the planet joining a server bring its pings up and just all around being complete pricks to anyone that does not speak the box from of kantenies. it is a very simple fix to very big problem we are seeing on the servers. and completely uncalled for when there are 30 chinese players joining a north american server and do nothing but giving those of that region a hard time. it is even worse on EU servers...  seriously wildcard how hard would this be to do? imagine how many players u would make happy.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 4/28/2019 at 5:59 AM, JameyRM said:

Yes, I have posted to Reddit, and pinged the devs on twitter multiple times - no response

WildCard has stated many many times, they have no intention of region locking servers. It's been addressed by them often over the years.

Ok, no this is not a bias view of a random guy saying that all Asian/Russians should play on a group of individual servers from the rest of the other side of the world. 

However, the general consensus of 99.9% of all Ark players who cannot see Cyrillic or Asian symbols in chat is that we do not enjoy Ark because of people from those places often are the usual dupers or hackers that crash servers all the time. 

So far Ark has not been able to fix that issue since Ark started about 4 years ago or so. 

So here is a suggestion:

Save records of transfer in server to determine dupers/hackers. (Allow access in terminals to see everyone's transfers).  

Include in the terminal information the dino number, tribe information, and  player who did the actual transfer. 

This will allow players to report dupers with concrete information to Ark Dev Team about possible duppers. 

Archived