Officials are way better then Legacy!!

captyarrr

Officials are way better then Legacy!!

Ye right. Not.

Ragnarok 389 keeps on going offline each 30 mins, thats official server.

I left legacy, ragnarok35. That server had 1 outage per month. (Only been there for 3 years)

"officials are way better..."

Not even a single admin wich comes around and check. Not even a single reply on 4 tickets from today.

Lost 1 wyv, good armour, nvm, who gives 1 single bit.

Thanks for nothing WC.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@captyarrrI don't even bother login in anymore. Ragnarok and Island are unplayable but they probably won't put any effort into those old maps. 

Extinction the newest paid map is still a griefing heaven, corrupted destroy dozens of bases daily. Scorched Earth is empty, boring and full with low level dinos.

The only good map is Aberration but somehow the game has gotten over 30k + positive reviews since November on steam while nothing happened ingame that would warrant such an increase, pushing the game into the blue (positive) shortly before the new addon release, seems not fishy at all haha

2 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

@captyarrrI don't even bother login in anymore. Ragnarok and Island are unplayable but they probably won't put any effort into those old maps. 

Extinction the newest paid map is still a griefing heaven, corrupted destroy dozens of bases daily. Scorched Earth is empty, boring and full with low level dinos.

The only good map is Aberration but somehow the game has gotten over 30k + positive reviews since November on steam while nothing happened ingame that would warrant such an increase, pushing the game into the blue (positive) shortly before the new addon release, seems not fishy at all haha

Ye, then Genesis comes along. Same poo, different toilet and ofc, no enforcement.

Not even a single GM flying around on PvE, so many players stating they hate Europeans on chat (and proud of letting server crash) that they flood EU servers.

WC does not care. 

@captyarrrI have reported Chinese before with video material of them luring a wyvern and multiple ice golems to our 145 giga tame. They kept luring more and more and I uploaded all the videos. You can CLEARLY see them and I looted their dead bodies while the video was running, showing their implants. You could see their names/tribe in the video and them walking infront of multiple golems slowly towards our tame but they didn't enforce anything. (probably a warning, which is a joke)

I have reported chinese griefers on Extinction and nothing ever happened (with video material). One good thing has the game, you can talk poop about the game here and won't get banned for it like in many, many other games. That's something I see as a very positive thing about the admins here but the game itself has so many issues and the enforcement team is way to inconsistent, it's hit or miss on which enforcer you get and how he thinks about the issue. You can have the same issue 2 times and very different outcomes.

This is why I never left legacy......no lag no support no reason to make the switch I can handle any player on my own if needed ? the servers are clean no disconnect or minimal lag at most with huge bases on map too the new servers are trash....the community is toxic because nothing will be done to them....on legacy other players are real threats so ....you think twice before doing bad things because there's conciquinces behind every action ...on official there's little to none 

Just now, Lycan187u said:

This is why I never left legacy......no lag no support no reason to make the switch I can handle any player on my own if needed ? the servers are clean no disconnect or minimal lag at most with huge bases on map too the new servers are trash....the community is toxic because nothing will be done to them....on legacy other players are real threats so ....you think twice before doing bad things because there's conciquinces behind every action ...on official there's little to none 

Its utterly ridiculous. We loose stuff due to duping and they double up on stuff due to duping. 

Sounds fair? WC thinks so apperently. 

I didnt know duping was allowed?

1 hour ago, ItWasntMe said:

Absolute bull prove it with a link its free in china lmfao

100% fact...

1 hour ago, captyarrr said:

Wut?

Is this for real? That would explain loads.

There's companies  that sell dinos\gear as well for real money. ...they pay their housing and all just to breed creatures to sell......

1 hour ago, ItWasntMe said:

Absolute bull prove it with a link its free in china lmfao

https://mmos.com/news/ark-survival-evolved-launching-china-january-1st-free-play-game

Now they might claim it as ark survival Evolved online but that mode was never created at least as far as I can tell. I'm not allowed on the Chinese internet. 

@Lycan187uI knew Chinese trader who always told me how much this and that is worth. Newest Giga: 5 Australian $, 400+ melee anglerfish, 2-3 Aus $. He payed someone a good chunk of money to build him a gigantic base and so do many others.

The real money trading in this game is ridiculous but most western players don't even know about it. That's why you nearly (99,99%) only see Chinese players raiding bases on Extinction PVE. They steal what they can because it translate into real money. I remember Bert sometimes talking about Chinese hacking the server and stealing his lines, those Dinos probably made those thiefs a giant chunk of money. Reports do nothing to them because you can get a new Steam account with ARK on it for 5-8$ from those Russian traders. Everyone in the east seems to make good money with the game just not Wildcard haha

Every method will get used if real money is involved and you CAN NOT report those people UNLESS they write in the ingame chat that they are selling stuff for real money.

It has to be ingame, the enforcement won't accept anything outside of the game which I can understand to a degree (faking posts/messages) they are also not enough people to follow up such cases and really look into them but the issue won't get better and it's a big problem for PVP servers.

It encourages duping and finding new methods to cheat. Those methods also get sold for real money for the right price and so on...

6 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

Everyone in the east seems to make good money with the game just not Wildcard haha

Are you sure they don't have a cut from all those blackmarket trades? ;)

BTW most of the above is true for russian ark community too. They don't have "protection", but cheating and RMT is at the same level.

4 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

Are you sure they don't have a cut from all those blackmarket trades? ;)

BTW most of the above is true for russian ark community too. They don't have "protection", but cheating and RMT is at the same level.

this.... seeing how snail games is a china based company ...and smaller branches of this company could in fact have a microtransaction deal....

1 hour ago, Lycan187u said:

Real money transactions  in ark are 100% legal in china..........a close friend of mine lives in China at his family  lives in one of these companies  housing facility. ...his room and board are 100% payed to breed dinosaurs\creatures for the company  to sell ......him and his family  take shifts....

I managed to ask a Chinese if this is true, as far as the part that I could understand, it is.

Some Chinese players seem to really hate it to, but those are the minorities.

46 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

@Lycan187uI knew Chinese trader who always told me how much this and that is worth. Newest Giga: 5 Australian $, 400+ melee anglerfish, 2-3 Aus $. He payed someone a good chunk of money to build him a gigantic base and so do many others.

The real money trading in this game is ridiculous but most western players don't even know about it. That's why you nearly (99,99%) only see Chinese players raiding bases on Extinction PVE. They steal what they can because it translate into real money. I remember Bert sometimes talking about Chinese hacking the server and stealing his lines, those Dinos probably made those thiefs a giant chunk of money. Reports do nothing to them because you can get a new Steam account with ARK on it for 5-8$ from those Russian traders. Everyone in the east seems to make good money with the game just not Wildcard haha

Every method will get used if real money is involved and you CAN NOT report those people UNLESS they write in the ingame chat that they are selling stuff for real money.

It has to be ingame, the enforcement won't accept anything outside of the game which I can understand to a degree (faking posts/messages) they are also not enough people to follow up such cases and really look into them but the issue won't get better and it's a big problem for PVP servers.

It encourages duping and finding new methods to cheat. Those methods also get sold for real money for the right price and so on...

I have once reported RMT with video record of ingame chat and player steam id, plus their online RMT website. This happened 7 months ago.

then...……..

absolutely nothing happened, these players are still here today

The sad thing is that people won't often even believe this stuff because it seems so surreal for westerners but even if look back at older games ''mentin2, WoW'' and tons of others, people sell ingame stuff for so damn much money. Just look at how much money people spend on Counter Strike or all those EA sports games. The east is making bank and it's hurting the game because ARK is not meant to be played that way. 

1 minute ago, Fukushu said:

The sad thing is that people won't often even believe this stuff because it seems so surreal for westerners but even if look back at older games ''mentin2, WoW'' and tons of others, people sell ingame stuff for so damn much money. Just look at how much money people spend on Counter Strike or all those EA sports games. The east is making bank and it's hurting the game because ARK is not meant to be played that way. 

Sigh..... I guess their opinion is "we are just trying to make a living"

When our opinion is "can you stop cheating, exploiting, pillaring, or crashing the servers we are playing on?" 

One question is: who is buying all the in game items?

I just feel confused that, if westerners don't usually perform RMT and easterners play this game for money, then where does the money come from?

@namelesswesterners buy tons of those things, there are discords, websites and all that stuff for it. People even trade on facebook.... mostly for PVP as I know but people also sell prebuild bases for so damn much money. But in China they trade for PVE and PVP and they trade everything, from the smallest crap dino to every resource you can farm...

18 minutes ago, nameless said:

Sigh..... I guess their opinion is "we are just trying to make a living"

When our opinion is "can you stop cheating, exploiting, pillaring, or crashing the servers we are playing on?" 

One question is: who is buying all the in game items?

I just feel confused that, if westerners don't usually perform RMT and easterners play this game for money, then where does the money come from?

that random bob that wants a nice shiny toy without the need or want to breed it.lol kinda like fortnite sells skins lolz..... :D 

29 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

@namelesswesterners buy tons of those things, there are discords, websites and all that stuff for it. People even trade on facebook.... mostly for PVP as I know but people also sell prebuild bases for so damn much money. But in China they trade for PVE and PVP and they trade everything, from the smallest crap dino to every resource you can farm...

If westerners are also performing RMT, then why does WC ignore it? This excludes the possibility that:

4 hours ago, ThePryBar said:

Um wildcard is owned by Chinese Snail games, so a Chinese company is not going to go after Chinese players. Given ark was released for free in China. 

On top of that, I expect RMT among westerners to promote exploits, this then leads to reduction of server performance and loss of sale (when a new player first enters ark, I think he will most likely join an official servers because it is the default option. When he sees the performance of the server, I expect him to choose refund)

So WC decided to ignore a factor that will make them earn less money? It doesn't make sense.

Can anyone find the flaw behind this logic? Or something I am ignoring?

Archived