Will the servers ever be lagg free?

Rowy

Will the servers ever be lagg free?

So i started to play ark a couple of month back. And i had some issues with the game since it lagged some. But some players said i could be becuse i lived closed to an other player with many dinos. So i moved. But now the server is so bad, It keeps getting alot of people random DC. Also Constantly lagg spikes all time it feels like im playing as the "Lagg" and not the game it self.

WILL U EVER LOOK INTO THIS? I mean do you guys ever read the forums? And i can't be the only one that is frustrated that nothing happens to the servers when it comes to make it less lagg free and more enjoyable. Sure the valentine event is amazing , but getting freeze lagg and disconnected is not really funny. Instead of speniding time on DLC and stuff try to upgrade the servers so we acually can enjoy an lagg free game.

Btw i play on Official Valguero 526 if you now feel like fixing the lagg.

/ Rowy

over many years ARK has received countless server optimization upgrades, and yet the game has never run worse than it is running now - when it is running I should add. Right now I'm listening to the Muzak that Wildcard has specially produced for the event as I wait for my official server to come back online from its umpteenth crash since yesterday, and I feel like I'm stuck in an elevator with a Depressed Kenny G. 

Joking aside, I've never seen server performance degrade this bad over time despite "optimizations" being performed, so I can only conclude that Wildcard downgraded their server packages a little too much and now with the new anti-meshing in place they're taxing resources beyond spec. Just a hunch, but I've yet to hear an even remotely better hypothesis on why server performance is so terrible since christmas time.

• 2 weeks later...

Every time a player joins the server, either from main menu, re-connect after timeout or what have you. The server is struggling while loading the players base in again. That means that if a player with a big awesome base keeps transferring back and forth to another server there will be a lag spike as often as it happens. now multiply by whatever number of players currently online and you will realize that most lag is the servers being unable to perform . the pc or console also plays a role in the lag.

I guess its having the cheapest server provider and the most servers. 

it could be fun to try playing a official setting on a top dollar server..... but thats not realistic. 

its a 100% guaranteed disconnect if i accidentally joins my server at the same time as my buddy from another base.... 

I could have a private server but i like the official community and the playstyle

Archived