ONLY FISHING FOR EVENT ITEMS?

BornSlippy

Yeah, fishing is boring and unreliable.

Fish will often suicide by simply swimming out of water.

Constantly swims away from bait.

Will rush to bait just to swim past it or get stuck in endless circling trying to get the bait.

A lot of good fishing places are pillared so you have to tame a pelagornis and that's not really newb friendly.

Easy to grief.

But hey, at least there is some use for all my advanced rods.

I'm enjoying the event. Much prefer this to Xmas present drops even in single player.

Found that the valentine's fish bite last if there are groups of fish or swim away from the fishing spot quite a way.

So I have honey to lure them on my hot bar and on my cast, honey also lures everything else but it seems to keep them near the rod. 

Struggled to find spawn locations only found one place one island but at least they appeared.

Found one new chibi and approx 30 of the previous ones so not bad going for 3 hours work for 2 of us.

7 hours ago, Castlerock said:

Does using honey or leech blood affect the event loot?

From what I've seen online honey produces the better loot. I personally use honey all the time as it's the top tier of the the three baits available.

I can use honey as lure by dropping it from hotbar so that's handy to keep fish nearby. 

Fished for 3 hours after my last post and got 17 various ascendant blueprints using honey. Tonnes of candies, chocolates and chibbi.

Agree with above poster wish it auto fished it is boring.

I don't mind it half as much as I hate having to fly across the map bunny hopping from drop to drop, then fighting my way out of aggressive nearby Dino's and picking at rocks that gifts fall into.

But I guess we all have a thing that suits us better ?

Spent an hour playing "Fishing Simulator 2020 - Ark Edition" last night, got all the boxes of chocolates and candies I needed to make the few bits my wife and I actually wanted (emotes for both of us and new outfit for her plus spare) and that's me done fishing for another 3 or 4 years in Ark. I would like one of the Griffin Chibis but there's no way I'm wasting my entire life getting all the other same ones for hours on end.

Back to the normal stuff for me with maybe a few coloured dino tames thrown in if I see anything special.

2 minutes ago, FreeEnergyDrink said:

This Fishing is not fair to everyone. If you get screwed by RNG you will get nothing even if sit there fishing for 100 hours.

Why does WC continue to create another Event which either makes community toxic or angry.

How is it unfair. I'm not sure what the problem is hence my question have you had no results from fishing? Are you not getting any chibis or loot?

5 minutes ago, SnowboundGem said:

How is it unfair. I'm not sure what the problem is hence my question have you had no results from fishing? Are you not getting any chibis or loot?

Just that the amount of time you spend and the results of you get back is horrible... and if you get unlucky with RNG then it totally sucks

7 minutes ago, FreeEnergyDrink said:

Just that the amount of time you spend and the results of you get back is horrible... and if you get unlucky with RNG then it totally sucks

I'm using primitive rod/ only fishing in a coel populated lake on the island with honey and haven't had any issues with the results.

5 hours fishing same area myself a hubby we got 72 chibis, tonnes of blueprints for ascendant gear and loads of choc and candies. That's us done for the event as back to work.

Where are you fishing, what bait are you using, are there other fish types to compete for the food? Maybe these are factors. Just wondering if this might be causing bad luck? Also if only fishing coel are you stearing clear of the non event coloured ones. They don't give event drops.

most people just fish on Aberration because the river is so overstuffed with fishes that it's 100 times easier than on any other map. I'm personally not a fan of fishing and never understood why every game tries to make it into a tedious workout instead of a small chill thing to relax. Don't you go fishing to relax? How can you do that while having to button mash like you are playing Tekken. 

I'm kinda upset at not all coel being event eligible

and we only got a week to get everything we need for 1 of each skin/emote

I get that wc may be trying out how fishing is so they can make it better but

having it as part of an event to be enjoying the event is not sitting well with me

if I miss anything I gotta wait till next year to try my hands on it again

Archived