What will be included in part 2

ThePryBar

Genesis part 2 will include raptors, parasaurs, fiber, metal, wood, drinkable water, and element.

More seriously, we know nothing about it really. It'll most likely be a new map, considering every dlc has been a new map so far, but that's all anyone knows
Most likely it'll be delayed by at least 2 months because they they spent 2 months working on part 1 that they planned to spend on part 2.
Also, winter starts in December, so even if it isn't delayed, it wouldn't be within a month of part 1. It's a bit tricky because winter goes through two different years, but usually the year stated is when the winter starts, not ends, so winter 2020 is the winter that starts in 2020, not the winter that ends in 2020. Really it should just be listed as winter 2020-2021 instead of winter 2020 because it's confusing, but they plan on missing the date anyway so it's not that important I guess.

I have a problem with forcing a 35$ season pass down our throats without any real road map of what it includes besides a vague winter 2020 batch of content. 

Why can't they just release this new map coming on the 25th as a separate DLC like they've done every other time? It reeks of one last money grab before they shut Ark down and start working on ark 2.

That being said I'm pumped for part 1 and if buying the season pass is the only way I get to play it then I guess they have me over a barrel. 

9 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

I have a problem with forcing a 35$ season pass down our throats without any real road map of what it includes besides a vague winter 2020 batch of content. 

Why can't they just release this new map coming on the 25th as a separate DLC like they've done every other time? It reeks of one last money grab before they shut Ark down and start working on ark 2.

That being said I'm pumped for part 1 and if buying the season pass is the only way I get to play it then I guess they have me over a barrel. 

You'll most likely be able to buy the dlc separately from the pass once the dlc releases. They've never given us the ability to buy a dlc before it's released before. If you don't want the pass, just wait for release to buy.

Butttttttt, if you're really pumped for part 1, I'd guess you'll be pumped for part 2 as well, and given that the pass costs less than buying each dlc separately, you might want to consider that the pass might be a better deal anyway.

1 hour ago, TinyHippo said:

You'll most likely be able to buy the dlc separately from the pass once the dlc releases. They've never given us the ability to buy a dlc before it's released before. If you don't want the pass, just wait for release to buy.

Butttttttt, if you're really pumped for part 1, I'd guess you'll be pumped for part 2 as well, and given that the pass costs less than buying each dlc separately, you might want to consider that the pass might be a better deal anyway.

Who knows if I'll even be alive winter 2020

21 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

Also, winter starts in December, so even if it isn't delayed, it wouldn't be within a month of part 1. It's a bit tricky because winter goes through two different years, but usually the year stated is when the winter starts, not ends, so winter 2020 is the winter that starts in 2020, not the winter that ends in 2020. Really it should just be listed as winter 2020-2021 instead of winter 2020 because it's confusing, but they plan on missing the date anyway so it's not that important I guess.

Aha didn't think of that. So clearly part 2 will be December 2020, that makes a lot more sense. Wildcard or Snail or whomever is in charge probably meant that all along lol

I have never heard of someone interpreting winter in that way but yeah they meant December 2020 so its several months down the road from part 1. It would be cool to get some teasers for part 2 since it is a season pass but i think what we are getting is worth wayyyyy more than $35. 

Now if only other Survival games would catch up to WC's level >.<

3 hours ago, Knappieboy said:

I have never heard of someone interpreting winter in that way but yeah they meant December 2020 so its several months down the road from part 1. It would be cool to get some teasers for part 2 since it is a season pass but i think what we are getting is worth wayyyyy more than $35. 

Now if only other Survival games would catch up to WC's level >.<

We don't even really know what we're getting with part 1 and it's 3 days away...

6 hours ago, VeeTea said:

I think people are mistaken thinking part 2 will release in December. They said winter 2020 which start December 2020 and goes to March 2021

I think people are mistaken thinking part 2 will release in March. They said winter 2020 which goes to March 2021 so it won't release until at least April 2021

2 hours ago, Fes said:

The description in the steam store updated a while ago and I think it gives us a pretty good overview of what we're getting 

Honestly, I think it raised more questions than answers. And most of those questions are about the missions.
Overall, we still have no idea what the map is gonna be like.

3 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

I think people are mistaken thinking part 2 will release in March. They said winter 2020 which goes to March 2021 so it won't release until at least April 2021

Honestly, I think it raised more questions than answers. And most of those questions are about the missions.
Overall, we still have no idea what the map is gonna be like.

About the steam store description, I'm a bit worried how they are doing the biomes. Hexagons seem to be like a currency and if they are truly needed to travel between biomes (really hope it isn't) then I won't be a big fan.. 

37 minutes ago, VeeTea said:

About the steam store description, I'm a bit worried how they are doing the biomes. Hexagons seem to be like a currency and if they are truly needed to travel between biomes (really hope it isn't) then I won't be a big fan.. 

Yea, I agree that needing to spend Hexagons just to move from biome to biome would get really bothersome.

I'm thinking (hoping) that biome travel will work like this: You can travel between biomes freely at wherever they connect, while Hexagons can be used to teleport from wherever to another location. So it'd be more of an optional thing than a road toll.

Or maybe Hexagons are just used for special travel, like to dungeon-esque areas or boss fights. I get the feeling that this isn't it though.

17 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Yea, I agree that needing to spend Hexagons just to move from biome to biome would get really bothersome.

I'm thinking (hoping) that biome travel will work like this: You can travel between biomes freely at wherever they connect, while Hexagons can be used to teleport from wherever to another location. So it'd be more of an optional thing than a road toll.

Or maybe Hexagons are just used for special travel, like to dungeon-esque areas or boss fights. I get the feeling that this isn't it though.

Maybe it is just needed to go to the lunar biome. I would be fine with that. Or maybe to the obelisks.

3 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

maybe you can pass freely into other biomes at the border of the current biome and if you use hexagons you could travel into the next biome from whatever location you want

Hexagons may bring micro transactions into the world of Ark. 

I think the mission based stuff will feel forced and take away from the open world concept that Ark has thrived on. 

Worried times ahead for sure as Genesis feels like a huge shift away from the core of Ark, but we will still have all of the problems of the past Arks. 

5 minutes ago, VeeTea said:

But then if you have exact coords, wouldn't you be able to travel into someone's base? I don't like it.

It could work so that you can teleport from anywhere but only to specific locations (e.g. obelisks) so you can't just drop onto a tribe's base from nowhere.

5 minutes ago, AwesomeRon said:

I highly, highly doubt that pc ark is going to start doing microtransactions.

5 minutes ago, AwesomeRon said:

I think the mission based stuff will feel forced and take away from the open world concept that Ark has thrived on. 

Worried times ahead for sure as Genesis feels like a huge shift away from the core of Ark, but we will still have all of the problems of the past Arks. 

It'll be different for sure, but I don't know about bad. We'll have to wait and see how it is before we can really pass judgement.

28 minutes ago, VeeTea said:

But then if you have exact coords, wouldn't you be able to travel into someone's base? I don't like it.

wait no i think you misunderstood me, i'm not saying to end up wherever you want with the hexagons, but to travel from wherever you want and then ending up at the border of your destinated biome, so that you don't have to travel to a biomes border in order to travel between environments

we will know for sure in two days anyway :D

7 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

8 hours ago, VeeTea said:

I completely agree. But i do think it would be a good idea starting out with a good amount of Hexagons and making to that the survivors have to use them wisely. But yes i think having an alternate option like flying or walking to the biomes. 

2 hours ago, AwesomeRon said:

Ark has always been abit difficult when it comes to change. But hey so far they havent done alot of "bad change" recently. So lets keep out fingers crossed they can keep a streak going :)

Archived