Clearing hard snow cave on official pve without cryopods:

mattj

[Edit]

Thanks to the people that answered my question below. That leads to the next question. Might as well use the same thread.

How could I get the artifact in the hard snow cave without cryopoding dinos into the cave?

I play the Switch version, unfortunately, on official PVE right now. So I do not have access to cryopods. They are not included in our version of Ark. I cleared the hard snow cave in official PVP by clearing out the first room, spawn blocking and blocking the entrance, then slapping down a transmitter I got from a ride on Alpha Dragon and transmitting in an army.  But on official PVE not only do I not have access to a transmitter, apparently I can’t even build inside and raise a Yuty and a couple Theris.

Are grappling hooks or dimorphs my only options? 

[Edit]

Building in caves in official pve on the island:

Is it possible to build in caves in official pve on the island? I can’t seem to find a concrete answer and I’m not at the point to waltz into caves at this point. I’m most concerned about the hard snow and lava caves. In PvP I used to have to build in both to get across gaps while riding dinos.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, mattj said:

Building in caves in official pve on the island:

Is it possible to build in caves in official pve on the island? I can’t seem to find a concrete answer and I’m not at the point to waltz into caves at this point. I’m most concerned about the hard snow and lava caves. In PvP I used to have to build in both to get across gaps while riding dinos.

Players cannot build into the Artifact caves on the island. Though, some are buildable on other maps. The dark cave on ragnarok, for example.

Archived