What are the most regretable things you did in ark?

nameless

Back on like day 2 of ark being live I decided to move our base. My mom had tamed a bunch of stuff and was just thrilled to bits. I had her follow me across the water with her tames to get to the outcrop at the bottom if the island to set up. 

Well, it was all fine until a megalodon attacked and killed all her tames including her prized trike Bob.  I looked over and she has crocodile tears in her eyes. I felt so bad. We did eventually get set up nicely and even found a new Bob. But dang!

RIP OG Bob

Staying on an unofficial PVE server long after it had died. I stayed so I could play with my friends, but we should have found a new server. Politics and an uninterested owner killed the community, and it wasn't even a clustered server so we played on The Island only long after other maps were available. As a result, despite playing since within the first 3 weeks of EA launch, I am only just now making my way through most of the actual game content entirely through SP since my friend group split up. Also haven't found a cluster with a combination of maps, rates, mods and community; it seems like a "pick 2" kind of deal there. Not unhappy on SP but I miss the social aspects a lot.

On 2/9/2020 at 10:45 AM, Jemcrystal said:

Ask in chat to buy an owl be told I have to pay in tek.  Way to cut a low level player out of the greedy market greedy bumkins.

Wooww... For an owl?? Snow Owl? We'd have just given you one. Some people tend to play this game to just suck, however. They were probably joking to see if you'd actually do it though, on second thought. Either/or..

For me... just silly mistakes that ultimately became learning experiences... so not all that regrettable from that perspective.

Example: After being dismounted from my wyvern on the Ragnarok map near the blue obi, I deployed my parachute without waiting to lose some altitude. Winds carried me clear across the Ragnarok map. I was over the Spino canyons before I could formulate a plan. I whistled my wyvern to follow but he wasn't fast enough to keep up. Soon I was nearing the desert region on the opposite side of the map. Since I carried multiple chutes, I eventually had to cut my current parachute loose to lose some altitude. I let myself free fall until a lot closer to the ground, then deployed a second chute. This time I was low enough to catch the ground near the base of a mountain. As soon as I hit the ground numerous wild dinos were on me. I threw down my emergency wyvern cryopod, and just got mounted in the nick of time. Flew back and collected my original wyvern mount. Now I know... don't pull the rip cord too early. 

Then another time we put a 'salty' tribe member in a metal jail cell on a raft out in the depths of Ragnarok's oceans. When he popped into the game he was as salty as ever, and was demanding we free him. A few tribe member grabbed a raft and sailed out to the jail pretending they were going to help him out. Instead they triggered the C4 they had planted all over the raft. Somehow that didn't learn him. My one regret... we didn't video capture it. :)

On 2/10/2020 at 11:22 AM, Erinn said:

I built my base far away from ocean, because I thought there is only death in water and flying pegos on the beaches.

Now I have a big base and big waterbase I have to take care of. Imagine flying from base to base because there are 10 giga babies in one and 15 tuso babies in the other.

I would love to see the amount of kilometers I made with my wyvern.

PS: I destroyed my teleport because some assholes teleported a wild giga in my base. Thanks, I will rather fly.

Disable public transport, no one can teleport unless its you or your tribe. 

52 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Lol, sorry. How long did you make it?

I was already playing for a few months when i checked the box. Just figured it would make wild dinos stronger, and more aggressive. Learned the hard lesson of actually checking the Wikia before i adjust anymore settings....

And for the record, i only made it for a few days after. 

Archived