Steam Group Whitelisting

Vas

Suggestion

Steam Group Whitelisting

I would like to see steam group whitelisting as a method of controlling who can or can't join a server. Right now you have this crappy method of adding people to whitelist via an in game command which requires you to either load the game and type a command in or have a console outside of the game that you can access somehow and run the command, find their ID and check to confirm its theirs and whatnot. I believe you even have to go edit some server file and add their ID to that list and you won't know who is who because the list is just a bunch of IDs, you have no idea who's ID belongs to who.

Steam Groups have people join the group, you control who's in the group by using moderators and officers to approve people asking to join and can kick people out. I can assign trusted people to approve other applicants while I sleep. All the game would have to do when someone joins, is check the steam group member list to see if name is still in. If not, he can't join.

Right now I'm considering trying to rig up Join Control and a script to auto check the steam group every 15-30 minutes, but I'd rather not have to do this. I'd just like something built into Ark that would do it more properly and probably better and more efficiently.

Please consider adding such a feature, it could end up being pretty easy to do even, who knows! Have the server use the steam group's URL as the whitelist and it automatically switches to the member list as a whitelist instead of you having to do a bunch of things. Kinda like that banlist URL in the config settings only you'd link a steam group. I'd give examples, but I don't want people spamming my server with requests to join.

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived