Not Just Another Max Level Question

bodhis3mta3

Not Just Another Max Level Question

But it kinda is...

Thing is: I'm struggling with the math. I've read the wiki and I've watched videos ad nausea um. And there's plenty of contra-contradictory mis-informations. What you can do and what you can't do.

So here's the crux: (and nb4"official" - my server, my rules. I just need maths)

I'm running a max difficulty private server for friends and family. That puts max level dinos at 300. "Perfect" tames with Extraordinary kibble is ~99.4, adding 149 Taming levels, resulting in an 449 Lvl Dino.

(Now before you get all "wasted points" on me, that's irrelevant. I don't care about point/stat allocation. I care about RAW LEVELS. Where they go is a crap shoot at this point. A 449 Lvl Dino is still a LVl 449 dino even if it's all in FOOD. As useless as it is, prove me wrong) 

SO after that 300+149=449, there's 73 additional tame level for (whatever). That results in a Lvl 522 Dino. So far, so good according to the sanctioned wiki.

Now here's where we get into the gray area...

If done correctly you can add an extra 40 levels through mutation (20 mutations @ 2 points per), resulting in a 562 Lvl dino. I'm good with that. 

And here's the punch line: If done correctly you can DOUBLE your mutation  levels , resulting in 40 mutations (20 maternal & 20 paternal, @ 2 points each). That's 80 additional levels, which comes out to a MAX LVL DINO 602.

By way of explanation, this question has been asked of me by my players, and where as no one has reached that theoretical "max level", everyone wants to know so...well...so they know if it's worth the effort.  Eighty additional levels on (choose your dino of choice (HELL, 40 levels even)) is a HUGE advantage in PvPvE. And I my self personally would hatch a million eggs to get that MAX LVL 602 Tek Rex  stacked in health  & melee...But that's just me.

SO what's the skinny on MAX MAX MAX, as it were? Thanks for the info??

"in the beginning..." 02.25.20

• Volunteer Moderator
On 2/7/2020 at 7:27 AM, bodhis3mta3 said:

SO what's the skinny on MAX MAX MAX, as it were? Thanks for the info??

The max level is (255 * 7) + 1 = 1786 or (255 * 6) + 1 = 1531 for flyers. A creature cannot have more than 255 points into a single stat regardless of your config. You can spawn creature with more, but they will get clamped when saved. There is also no limit for mutation; as soon as one parent have less than 20 markers, you can still mutate the stats of the others.

Archived