The server's LAG duplicated my items...

EternalUniverse

While out flying with my low level pteranodon and killing 'sea-lions' out of nowhere the server's lag duplicated my items from my bar slot to my inventory. I hope I don't get banned because I got trash items on. Spyglass, metal pike, 1 bola, torch, x7 spears, metal pick, waterskin, metal hatchet, x40 meat and wooden club.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, EternalUniverse said:

While out flying with my low level pteranodon and killing 'sea-lions' out of nowhere the server's lag duplicated my items from my bar slot to my inventory. I hope I don't get banned because I got trash items on. Spyglass, metal pike, 1 bola, torch, x7 spears, metal pick, waterskin, metal hatchet, x40 meat and wooden club.

That is a common replication bug. They are the same items as the ones in your hotbar and are just displayed twice due to de-sync.

9 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Yes sadly there's no item id's on items.......so no way for the server  to tell which item has been duplicated. ..if wildcard would implicate  item id's then problem  solved...but hey I'm just a survivor. 

Item ids on items would most likely fix duplicating on same server aye. But it would cause more performance issues with servers needing to keep tabs on all the millions of items. 

6 hours ago, Luewen said:

Item ids on items would most likely fix duplicating on same server aye. But it would cause more performance issues with servers needing to keep tabs on all the millions of items. 

Agreed, but maybe it is practical to add ID only to unique/expensive items? Such as journeyman or above blueprints/ tek structures/ ascendant items.... and so on. That will reduce the load by a lot (millions to approximately tens of thousands?) and make sure that duplications doesnt have large effects

17 hours ago, nameless said:

Agreed, but maybe it is practical to add ID only to unique/expensive items? Such as journeyman or above blueprints/ tek structures/ ascendant items.... and so on. That will reduce the load by a lot (millions to approximately tens of thousands?) and make sure that duplications doesnt have large effects

I believe they added item id to meks already.

I guess another thing they can do is to only constantly check the items in player inventory and creature/ structure inventory that player is interacting with. This will reduce the load by a lot.

Most duplication exploits involve items in player inventory or obelisk transfers. As far as my knowledge, an item suddenly replicating itself in an untouched creature/structure is unheard of

On 2/7/2020 at 8:49 PM, EternalUniverse said:

Shh keep quiet comrade! This has been officially fixed by the master coders of Studio Wildcard who's brilliance has also solved meshing.

Archived