New PVP Mode/Servers (Read Inside)

Metalios

Suggestion

New PVP Servers (Read inside)

I believe introducing a new PvP mode and servers that incorporate the following time constraints would not only be a great addition to ARK, but would also bring more players to ARK itself which in turn means more $$$ for Wildcard via the initial game purchase, DLC content,  etc.

Constraints of new PVP mode/servers (Per Region NA/EU/OCEANIC):

• Time-Restrict PVP Building Damage (17:00 - 23:00) - Players and player owned dinos can only damage structures during this time.
  • Time-Restrict PVP Turret Damage (17:00 - 23:00) - Turrets will only fire on players and player owned dinos during this time.
  • No Time Restrictions on Player and Dino PVP with the exception of the above listed constraints.

This should not be a replacement for the current PVP system. Instead a new mode and new servers should be made to incorporate these types of constraints. This would allow the casual PVP player to also enjoy this great game.

Feel free to leave CONSTRUCTIVE feedback/criticism below.

5 replies to this server topic

12 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Locking in a time would be frowned upon as Ark has a global player base. 17:00-23:00 is the early morning, middle of the work day,  etc. in other places. 

This reason (exclusion) means it is not fit for official servers.

Those times being locked in per region would work, this allows a 6 hour window per region. As I stated above I do not mean for my suggestion to be a replacement for the Current Official servers, instead it should be a new mode to allow the casual gamer to play ARK on Officials whilst still allowing the player to do things like sleep, have a job, etc. The current state of Officials is geared more towards those who either;

A) Do not work or have a life

B) Those who are in a mega

I myself have been in mega's (a few of them actually) 

My suggestion is merely for the little guys to give them a chance to experience ARK more than on a beach somewhere for a few days while still allowing them to have that risk vs reward as they would still be engaging in PVP. There are quite a few players that have either;

A) Left ARK for other games because of this which means they do not spend $$ to buy the ARK expansions most likely

B) Have never even played ARK because they view it as a waste of time since they have a job and would not be able to progress within the game.

Lets remember ARK is a game, it should not be a virtual job. :)

6 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

If they could set the time on a server by region that could definitely be fun. 

The only issue I could see is the possibility of some bases never getting breached. I've seen pushes that take 12-24 hours or more. 

If weekdays were time locked but weekends 24/2, I think that could work well.

I could agree with that

2 hours ago, Metalios said:

Those times being locked in per region would work, this allows a 6 hour window per region. As I stated above I do not mean for my suggestion to be a replacement for the Current Official servers, instead it should be a new mode to allow the casual gamer to play ARK on Officials whilst still allowing the player to do things like sleep, have a job, etc. The current state of Officials is geared more towards those who either;

A) Do not work or have a life

B) Those who are in a mega

I myself have been in mega's (a few of them actually) 

My suggestion is merely for the little guys to give them a chance to experience ARK more than on a beach somewhere for a few days while still allowing them to have that risk vs reward as they would still be engaging in PVP. There are quite a few players that have either;

A) Left ARK for other games because of this which means they do not spend $$ to buy the ARK expansions most likely

B) Have never even played ARK because they view it as a waste of time since they have a job and would not be able to progress within the game.

Lets remember ARK is a game, it should not be a virtual job. :)

If they could set the time on a server by region that could definitely be fun. 

The only issue I could see is the possibility of some bases never getting breached. I've seen pushes that take 12-24 hours or more. 

If weekdays were time locked but weekends 24/2, I think that could work well.

Archived