Procoptodon. Am I doing something wrong?

DrSmith

Procoptodon. Am I doing something wrong?

I play at official small tribes. I have 2 procoptodons (male and female). I had 2 juvenile megatheriums, so I put one of the in the pouch of the female procoptodon.

The first megatherium asked for kaddles. I pressed E, but I get only 50% of imprinting. The second one ask to go for a walk. I did it, but he got 50% of imprinting. 

What am I doing wrong? Is procoptodon's imprinting bonus turned off on the official small tribes?

Sounds like you are doing it right, I had that issue once when I was trying to walk a dino in the pouch and I ended up just out of mate boost range of the male procoptodon so I ended up not getting the bonus imprint, maybe thats your issue? other than that I dont remember the % per imprint for megatheriums but your sure they dont get 25% usually and the 50% IS the bonus? cause getting 100% in 1 imprint on a megatherium sounds pretty OP to me lol

49 minutes ago, DrSmith said:

Yes, several days ago I was raising another megatherium without procoptodons, but it received the same bonus (50%).

Also just checking but a few days ago they messed up the servers and extended the weekend EVO event and added 2x breeding during that 24hour extention so if you imprinted during that time you would of gotten double imprint bonus as well just as you get with the procoptodons.

Edit: just looked it up, megatheriums get 25% imprint per so you definitely imprinted during a 2x breeding in the past.

Megatheriums usually get 20% per imprint. I’ve raise over 100,  I’m pretty familiar with them.   If you got 50% an imprint,  that has to be from 2x breeding because with 2x raise an odd # of imprints isn’t gonna reach ?,  so they boost imprint percents for those odd # imprinting animals.  If it had been 1x and you were successful,  you would have gotten 40%.  

So I ask,  when you imprinted them,  did you see a little ? icon over the baby in the pouch?

i have seen that icon disappear if I leave render or if the male wasn’t close enough to the female the icon won’t appear.  No bottle icon ,  no boost.  To walk a baby in a pouch,  you need to set baby to follow and ride the female roo,  but you also need to have the male roo follow closely behind to keep the bonus.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Piffguru said:

Edit: just looked it up, megatheriums get 25% imprint per so you definitely imprinted during a 2x breeding in the past.

The Megatherium do not get 25% per imprint, unless you have a maturation speed between 1.16-1.44x. Here is the imprinting progression with 1x:

Spoiler

Total maturation: 1 days, 22 hours, 17 minutes, 46 seconds
Cuddles required: 5

Imprinting progression:
        - Imprint #1:
                 Precise: 20.0%
                 Networked: 20.0%
                 Displayed: 20%
                 Maturation left: 1 days, 14 hours, 17 minutes, 46 seconds.
        - Imprint #2:
                 Precise: 40.0%
                 Networked: 40.0%
                 Displayed: 40%
                 Maturation left: 1 days, 6 hours, 17 minutes, 46 seconds.
        - Imprint #3:
                 Precise: 60.0%
                 Networked: 60.0%
                 Displayed: 60%
                 Maturation left: 22 hours, 17 minutes, 46 seconds.
        - Imprint #4:
                 Precise: 80.0%
                 Networked: 80.0%
                 Displayed: 80%
                 Maturation left: 14 hours, 17 minutes, 46 seconds.
        - Imprint #5:
                 Precise: 100.0%
                 Networked: 100.0%
                 Displayed: 100%
                 Maturation left: 6 hours, 17 minutes, 46 seconds.

Here is it with 2x (like default rate on ST):

Spoiler

Total maturation: 23 hours, 8 minutes, 53 seconds
Cuddles required: 2

Imprinting progression:
        - Imprint #1:
                 Precise: 50.0%
                 Networked: 50.0%
                 Displayed: 50%
                 Maturation left: 15 hours, 8 minutes, 53 seconds.
        - Imprint #2:
                 Maturation left: 7 hours, 8 minutes, 53 seconds.

So, since he only got 50%, instead of 100% on its first imprint, that means he didn't receive the Procoptodon bonus.

36 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

The Megatherium do not get 25% per imprint, unless you have a maturation speed between 1.16-1.44x. Here is the imprinting progression with 1x:

Reveal hidden contents

Total maturation: 1 days, 22 hours, 17 minutes, 46 seconds
Cuddles required: 5

Imprinting progression:
        - Imprint #1:
                 Precise: 20.0%
                 Networked: 20.0%
                 Displayed: 20%
                 Maturation left: 1 days, 14 hours, 17 minutes, 46 seconds.
        - Imprint #2:
                 Precise: 40.0%
                 Networked: 40.0%
                 Displayed: 40%
                 Maturation left: 1 days, 6 hours, 17 minutes, 46 seconds.
        - Imprint #3:
                 Precise: 60.0%
                 Networked: 60.0%
                 Displayed: 60%
                 Maturation left: 22 hours, 17 minutes, 46 seconds.
        - Imprint #4:
                 Precise: 80.0%
                 Networked: 80.0%
                 Displayed: 80%
                 Maturation left: 14 hours, 17 minutes, 46 seconds.
        - Imprint #5:
                 Maturation left: 6 hours, 17 minutes, 46 seconds.

Here is it with 2x (like default rate on ST):

Reveal hidden contents

Total maturation: 23 hours, 8 minutes, 53 seconds
Cuddles required: 2

Imprinting progression:
        - Imprint #1:
                 Precise: 50.0%
                 Networked: 50.0%
                 Displayed: 50%
                 Maturation left: 15 hours, 8 minutes, 53 seconds.
        - Imprint #2:
                 Maturation left: 7 hours, 8 minutes, 53 seconds.

So, since he only got 50%, instead of 100% on its first imprint, that means he didn't receive the Procoptodon bonus.

So I didnt check the dev kit or anything, I just found others saying it was 20% and some saying 25% but since no one was saying 50% on 1 imprint I figured it was most likely 25% since logically(I know ark isnt logical) 25% x2 is 50%.

As to the last point here, I think you are missing part of what was said as the OP said he received 50% imprint bonus while using the procop, then said he got 50% without using the procop several days ago. Which is where the topic of 2x rates came into play so him receiving 50% imprint while using the procop DOES mean he received the bonus, he wasnt saying using procop + 2x breeding active.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Piffguru said:

So I didnt check the dev kit or anything, I just found others saying it was 20% and some saying 25% but since no one was saying 50% on 1 imprint I figured it was most likely 25% since logically(I know ark isnt logical) 25% x2 is 50%.

As to the last point here, I think you are missing part of what was said as the OP said he received 50% imprint bonus while using the procop, then said he got 50% without using the procop several days ago. Which is where the topic of 2x rates came into play so him receiving 50% imprint while using the procop DOES mean he received the bonus, he wasnt saying using procop + 2x breeding active.

He said Small Tribes, and Small Tribes have 2x maturation 24/7. He would have received 100% if the Procoptodon bonus was applied, but it obviously didn't since he got only 50% both times.

Just now, invincibleqc said:

He said Small Tribes, and Small Tribes have 2x maturation 24/7. He would have received 100% if the Procoptodon bonus was applied, but it obviously didn't since he got only 50% both times.

Ah, I stand corrected. I saw small tribes mentioned, I never played it but I thought to my understanding they were 3x servers and these numbers didnt line up with 3x so figured small tribes omitted breeding bonuses. Wrong assumption on my part.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

Ah, I stand corrected. I saw small tribes mentioned, I never played it but I thought to my understanding they were 3x servers and these numbers didnt line up with 3x so figured small tribes omitted breeding bonuses. Wrong assumption on my part.

The numbers do not match, because the amount of cuddles required is rounded down. For example, at 1x:

(166666 / 1) / 28800 = floor(5.787013888888889) = 5

While at 2x:

(166666 / 2) / 28800 = floor(2.8935069444444443) = 2

Hence the 20% vs 50% difference. And at 3x:

(166666 / 3) / 28800 = floor(1.9290046296296297) = 1

Only 1 cuddle would be required. Same at 4x and 5x:

(166666 / 4) / 28800 = floor(1.4467534722222222) = 1
(166666 / 5) / 28800 = floor(1.1574027777777778) = 1

Anything higher couldn't be imprinted at the default 8 hours, and would only be possible by reducing the intervals, etc.

Archived