Doubt pve

Ehhnada

8 minutes ago, Ehhnada said:

Doubt pve

Is using a wild animal to destroy a base allowed?

Copied directly from the Code of Conduct, found on the "Support" tab of these forums:

"PvE Specific Griefing

> Intentionally using wild creatures to destroy a player's assets when not in a tribe war."

That is griefing, and therefore actionable.  Getting proof is tough, but possible, and it will make all the difference in proving your case to a GM.  @Joebl0w13 you tired or something?  :P

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

Copied directly from the Code of Conduct, found on the "Support" tab of these forums:

"PvE Specific Griefing

> Intentionally using wild creatures to destroy a player's assets when not in a tribe war."

That is griefing, and therefore actionable.  Getting proof is tough, but possible, and it will make all the difference in proving your case to a GM.  @Joebl0w13 you tired or something?  :P

Years of XP.

Good luck proving somebody kited a dino to do damage to you in PVE.

Protect your base as if you are in PVP cause... you always are.

Unless you take a really good video getting all details including all the pertinent info in one single take...from esc to get proof of server name, your inventory to get proof of time and date,  to a close up of their steam name and player name,  lucky enough that it’s not a foreign language name or that you have the multi-language set up,  and even after all that I’m sure a gm could still say it’s not enough.

55 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

Unless you take a really good video getting all details including all the pertinent info in one single take...from esc to get proof of server name, your inventory to get proof of time and date,  to a close up of their steam name and player name,  lucky enough that it’s not a foreign language name or that you have the multi-language set up,  and even after all that I’m sure a gm could still say it’s not enough.

They do. Hilarious this topic came up as I was going to make one asking what constitutes proof in instants of kiting. 

There is a crew going around, doing the whole corrupt kiting thing. Waiting for that 15 minute orp timer to start. Someone got video evidence with the name, them getting the corrupted, them slowly kiting the corrupted, them taking the corrupted to the base, them waiting for the structures to be destroyed, killing those corrupted, and then taking the bags. They were told, not enough evidence. Lol. 

its a slippery slope.... I was leading the corrupted away from me .or I was taming near or I ran by it aggroed … then theres the bags ya sadly if in the open its fairgame ...I ran out of stamina in the base leading corrupted away lots of variables but yes as stated above always build as if someone in pve will attack you .because they will....years of legacy has to me the true nature of pve...lol treat your neighbors as if they were a piece of steak...

raptor-jesus21.jpg

12 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

its a slippery slope.... I was leading the corrupted away from me .or I was taming near or I ran by it aggroed … then theres the bags ya sadly if in the open its fairgame ...I ran out of stamina in the base leading corrupted away lots of variables but yes as stated above always build as if someone in pve will attack you .because they will....years of legacy has to me the true nature of pve...lol treat your neighbors as if they were a piece of steak...

raptor-jesus21.jpg

Common sense needs to be exercised on the part of enforcement. If this same crew is videoed/ss on 10 different servers doing the same thing and has hundreds of tickets from a hundred different players, is the thought "oh, all of ps4 pve got together and hatched a plan to get these guys banned with false accusations." ?

Come on. 

At the very least they should state specific guidelines of what is deemed proof. 

Right now, ss of them admitting can be doctored, live video of them admitting can be a fake account, as per your example they could of ran out of stam, been taming, etc. Fine. Then remove it from the CoC so the players following CoC that are getting attacked can get justice without worry that one GM arbitrarily decides "well this is proof." and they get double penalized. 

CoC should not be vague or up to GM discretion. It should be specific.

@Ehhnadayes they can and people teleport them to other bases. I have posted multiple times about this and tried to contact someone from Wildcard regarding the wild/corrupted dino teleport issue but they either ignore it or just don't care to disable it on the teleporters.

If your base is big a juicy (full tek, visible full tek storages), they can build a teleporter near/over you and one in the giga area with second tribes/accounts and start teleporting endless amounts of gigas to your base until your base is cracked. No amount of defense can protect you from this if the attacker is really determined.

It's way too easy to grief others on Extinction.

Archived